11 points

kevinhectoring

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

conversations that never happen:

"Who do you support?"

"The Rams" 

"Ahhh you ducking glory supporter..." 

I wouldn't bet on it.

I strongly suspect that, had I lived anywhere other than the town of Derby (as it was then), my timing could quite easily have been seen by some as "Glory hunting", seeing as we were crowned English Champions on the day of my first game, and were no strangers to European games.  In my first full season, some would argue that we were unlucky/robbed not to reach the FA Cup Final. 
As it is, fortunately I can claim to follow my local team.

But I strongly suspect there are quite a few out there who got hooked purely from us being "Right up there", and not because they had any connection to the club and/or area itself.  I believe there's quite a following from Scandinavia for a start?  How would they have made that first connection with The Rams, if it wasn't "Glory Hunting", I wonder?

I realise it was a long time ago, but even so, there was a time when we were close relatives of "Glory". 
But with your user-name, I suspect you knew that already, deep down!  ???

On 03/01/2021 at 07:23, ariotofmyown said:

True on an individual basis, but it's all about how the team (and squad) works together. Think that promotion season was my favourite chapter in Pride.

Billy built something special that season, shame it all went wrong for him after that.

That’s not how I remember it, I didn’t enjoy that season at all.

So few 'highlights' that season. Think my favourite bit was the late equaliser at Birmingham which I think relegated Blues. Sad really to consider a draw to be a positive. I hope the Blades take our record even though I definitely prefer them over the other Sheffield team. Still think they'll recover a bit though and scrape about 13 points. 

8 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

So few 'highlights' that season. Think my favourite bit was the late equaliser at Birmingham which I think relegated Blues. Sad really to consider a draw to be a positive. I hope the Blades take our record even though I definitely prefer them over the other Sheffield team. Still think they'll recover a bit though and scrape about 13 points. 

I remember that one as I was in a Birmingham box ! I found it fairly funny ? 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55581766 

"Schalke and Sheffield United are the only sides in Europe's top five divisions yet to win this season, with the Royal Blues requiring a first league win in 358 days against 13th-placed Hoffenheim on Saturday to steer clear of Tasmania's record.

Failure to do so would mean they could go on to equal the record winless run in Europe's top five leagues - the 32 set by Derby County in the Premier League in 2007-08 - when they face Eintracht Frankfurt on 17 January, a full year on from their last league victory."

40 minutes ago, bristolram said:

"Schalke and Sheffield United are the only sides in Europe's top five divisions yet to win this season, with the Royal Blues requiring a first league win in 358 days against 13th-placed Hoffenheim on Saturday to steer clear of Tasmania's record.

Failure to do so would mean they could go on to equal the record winless run in Europe's top five leagues - the 32 set by Derby County in the Premier League in 2007-08 - when they face Eintracht Frankfurt on 17 January, a full year on from their last league victory."

I didn’t realise we had European records as well. That’s exciting. 

I thought schalke were quite good. I’ve heard of them, so they must have playing playing in Europe at some point. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I didn’t realise we had European records as well. That’s exciting. 

I thought schalke were quite good. I’ve heard of them, so they must have playing playing in Europe at some point. 

and of course our winless streak in the prem has only been suspended until we next grace that stage once again

we were quite good once and played in Europe

On 08/01/2021 at 12:23, bristolram said:

They won 4-0....

Tomorrow quite a big day for our record I feel. blades did ok in the cup (good goal by bogle) and if they beat nwcstl they’ll likely exceed 11. If not, with the tough games they’ve got coming up they will be really despondent by the time they face wba

Edited by kevinhectoring

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Tomorrow quite a big day for our record I feel. blades did ok in the cup (good goal by bogle) and if they beat nwcstl they’ll likely exceed 11. If not, with the tough games they’ve got coming up they will be really despondent by the time they face wba

Their best chance of 3 points - every poo team's whipping boys, Newcastle.