EFL appeal

Sith Happens

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think whatever the EFL want the EFL get.

Is it just a coincidence that every time the EFL appeal they win? Does that mean that every person who sits on the first independent panel of every case is completely incompetent and isnt able to come up with a decision based on the information provided.

Strange as well that the EFL are able to appeal a decision made by an independent panel and if the original decision is overturned (everytime) the club isnt allowed to challenge it.

Cant be just me that thinks we have a legal system in the real world and then football that seems it's own entity with power hungry greedy barstewards who can change rules at the drop of a hat to suit.

One last thing. Why are we being so severely hounded for breaching rules that have seen us gain absolutely nothing over recent years and clubs like Forest and Watford can have owners who own 2 clubs and sell players between them for over inflated fees to circumnavigate FFP.

And dont even get me started on West Ham who can literally field 2 illegal players costing Sheff United their place in the prem, are found guilty and fined 10 million, but dont receive a points deduction. Then get given a stadium at our expense.

Much is rotten in the state of professional football  and to be honest I've just about had enough of it.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Wouldnt we have sold players to cover the losses?

Yup. I would think that would be in any argument by us. If they signed it off, why would we sell players. 

If they had done their job properly, we would have been told what we needed to find. I'm sure we could have found it. 

Interestingly, Reading etc must have given the EFL assurances of their losses. If they aren't in an embargo now, they will have to have given assurances to sell their star players. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yup. I would think that would be in any argument by us. If they signed it off, why would we sell players. 

If they had done their job properly, we would have been told what we needed to find. I'm sure we could have found it. 

Interestingly, Reading etc must have given the EFL assurances of their losses. If they aren't in an embargo now, they will have to have given assurances to sell their star players. 

Who can they sell them to? Serious question who has the money in the championship?

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

My guess that their figs are so bad that they are under embargo do you know anything other?  I started a thread on this when their results came out

Edited by Spanish

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

My guess that their figs are so bad that they are under embargo do you know anything other?  I started a thread on this when their results came out

I don't know anything. I just remember that the EFL can start imposing restrictions if its obvious you will fail the regulations from up to a year out. 

I'm guessing they are under embargo and will remain there until the results of their next set of accounts. Upon which they will probably get a points deduction. 

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Don’t underestimate what it is like starting off that far behind.  Also it could have been applied during the season just ended

If we fail FFP, the process is automatic, there’s no tribunal or anything, so it would have been applied the first season after we failed it, which would have been one of the seasons where we finished significantly clear of relegation. IIRC the deductions are usually handed out in the second half of the season anyway, unless the team is already relegated, so we there’s probably no “starting off that far behind”, we’d just be bumped from playoff contention to mid table in that year.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

I don't know anything. I just remember that the EFL can start imposing restrictions if its obvious you will fail the regulations from up to a year out. 

I'm guessing they are under embargo and will remain there until the results of their next set of accounts. Upon which they will probably get a points deduction. 

There’s more on the thread

image.png.ddd87c1b06bb9673a0af75fc8db44fd0.png

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If we fail FFP, the process is automatic, there’s no tribunal or anything, so it would have been applied the first season after we failed it, which would have been one of the seasons where we finished significantly clear of relegation. IIRC the deductions are usually handed out in the second half of the season anyway, unless the team is already relegated, so we there’s probably no “starting off that far behind”, we’d just be bumped from playoff contention to mid table in that year.

As long as you are certain about how things would have turned out that’s great

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think the accuracy of this can be judged by the level of accuracy in bullet point 2:

“Wayne Rooney's side drew 3-2 with Sheffield Wednesday, who were relegated”

If we’re allowed to draw after scoring one goal less, I think we’d have quite a few more points this season, so would be safe. 

Just now, ck- said:

I think the accuracy of this can be judged by the level of accuracy in bullet point 2:

“Wayne Rooney's side drew 3-2 with Sheffield Wednesday, who were relegated”

If we’re allowed to draw after scoring one goal less, I think we’d have quite a few more points this season, so would be safe. 

Yep already mentioned

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And dont even get me started on West Ham who can literally field 2 illegal players costing Sheff United their place in the prem, are found guilty and fined 10 million, but dont receive a points deduction. Then get given a stadium at our expense.

Bozo is a closet Hammers fan (spurned from his man crush on Alf Garnett) and "had a word". Apparently a "donor" sorted the fine?