Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Thre 3 amiegos buying the club for £3 came in between Pickering and the LoG..frying pan, fire, back in a pan, back in the fire......

The Co op took control of DCFC after Pickering messed up with finances, It was the Co op that sold us to the 3 crooks for £3.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Gadsby predominantly, although Sheik is almost certainly thinking "motivated seller"

Yes that was my point - we've got ourselves to the point of vulnerability to sharks. You say Gadsby someone else has suggested Kirkland.

1 minute ago, James Pond said:

The Co op took control of DCFC after Pickering messed up with finances, It was the Co op that sold us to the 3 crooks for £3.

Oh I remember that little barrel of fun - when we got John Sleightholme's work email address. He stepped down within 48 hours. Up to our eyeballs in debt, selling Raziak and Hudds for three bits of nothing and Murdo pays for a bagpiper to come to Moor Farm as a 'bit of a joke' on (iirc) St Andrew's Day. Jeremy Keith and his 'train set'. What days!

23 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The funny thing is Pearce said they talk to the sheikh daily and sometimes up to 4 times a day. What the hell do they talk about. Have you sent it we ain’t got it yet. Yes I’ve sent it. Still not received. No idea but we sent it. We are even making decision and letting them make decisions and part run the club with no money coming in. What other business does it because no one else would it’s absurd. Wouldn’t see Mac Donald’s let a new buyer or investor have an input in the menu with No cash in. I’d like to make a lettuce burger with just lettuce bun and no sauce it just wouldn’t nt happen. The sheikh must be loving it making decisions with no consequences 

The price of camels? The passing sands of time? Size of the current harem ,bank charges or,Oil’s well that ends well? ! ??

Hmmmmm it wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkland and/or Gadsby were waiting in the wings. 

I think they are relatively genuine regards their wanting to keep the club out of serious trouble.

I doubt they would want to run the club long term. They’d be more interested in bailing it out in the short term and then trying to find someone else to move the club forward in the longer term.

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Hmmmmm it wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkland and/or Gadsby were waiting in the wings. 

I think they are relatively genuine regards their wanting to keep the club out of serious trouble.

I doubt they would want to run the club long term. They’d be more interested in bailing it out in the short term and then trying to find someone else to move the club forward in the longer term.

Would take that over the fake Shiekh

19 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Pretty sure Kirkland is in his 80s now - not sure he'd fancy getting involved too heavily though he'd probably be able to provide the necessary finacial clout to back a bid....

1 minute ago, BriggRam said:

Would take that over the fake Shiekh

As would I. I'm sure we could get a pretty good consortium of Derby fans together even if temporarily. Gadsby and Kirkland would be good enough on their own, but if they could get a few more involved as well that would be even better

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Thre 3 amiegos buying the club for £3 came in between Pickering and the LoG..frying pan, fire, back in a pan, back in the fire......

58 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I think LP 'expected' to sell to LOG or various parts of it.  It may have gone on too long as negotiations sought to get the club for as cheap as possible, then matters were taken out of the control of those that would be better placed to get involved in the first place.  Or something like that

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think LP 'expected' to sell to LOG or various parts of it.  It may have gone on too long as negotiations sought to get the club for as cheap as possible, then matters were taken out of the control of those that would be better placed to get involved in the first place.  Or something like that

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that LP borrowed money from the Co op circa £10million, It was payable by a certain date, LP defaulted so the Co op stepped in and took control, LPs fortune started to drip away, Leaving some people very angry indeed.

Maybe some on here have more insight than myself as it was a long time ago.

6 hours ago, one_chop said:

"The proposed Takeover of DCFC by Derventio has been cancelled, the search for new investment goes on"

Can't just be me that can only hear this in the voice of the narrator off The Apprentice?

"The search for investment....continuesssssss..."

Archived