Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

From memory, there was no debt to MM at 30 June 2018, and his company owed the club circa £80m.

I'd assumed the loans owing to Mel which were mentioned were mostly to the stadium company. And that the Sheikh would be buying that company AND those loans from Mel (? maybe not included in the 60m which could be just for the club shares). MM perhaps made those loans after 6/18, and the cash would have flowed through to the club as it needed cash

Not looked at the accounts though

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That makes literally no sense.  Basically at 1 million a season there covering his wages if that articles to believed.  Why not just say give us 500k and then Man City pay his wages.  The clubs 500 k up.  How in gods name would the failure to sell him now jeopardise his career as a player.  Sitting on Man Citys bench and not playing for 2 years is doing that regardless anyway.

This is the worst paper in the world.?

15 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That makes literally no sense.  Basically at 1 million a season there covering his wages if that articles to believed.  Why not just say give us 500k and then Man City pay his wages.  The clubs 500 k up.  How in gods name would the failure to sell him now jeopardise his career as a player.  Sitting on Man Citys bench and not playing for 2 years is doing that regardless anyway.

This is the worst paper in the world.?

Perhaps City can’t afford to spend anything ?

maybe the royal family will sort it out between them

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Is the ongoing loan better for us than a sale from an FFP point of view? May depend on his value in the books not sure 

Good point. I don't know the answer to that. I'd be surprised if a loan was better than receiving a transfer fee though.

I haven't checked in on this for a while but does anybody actually want this takeover to happen? 

I have no confidence that they would be good for this club based on this process so far. The club have said there is nothing holding it up now and it still hasn't happened.

But if it falls through, it doesnt look like Mel can keep going so staying in his ownership isn't a great option either.

Are we getting to a point where defaulting and the club ending up in the hands of MSD or whatever they're called being the best option?

What a mess.

I'm genuinely concerned now for the first time. Even if the deal goes through I can't see us signing any of the attacking talent we desperately need til the end of the transfer window. If it takes them a few weeks to get match fit /up to speed with the rest of the players, then I can actually see us getting cut adrift. Looking at that team it's very hard to see where the goals are going to come from to take us on a little run of victories. 

Lack of goals, lack of fitness, lack of confidence, lack of form...I can't recall us ever so desperately needing a couple of good signings which could then totally turn our fortunes. So disappointing we are messing about not paying player's wages and waiting for the cheque to clear when we are woefully short in key positions. 

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Bloody hell, how dare we infuriate a Premier League club by not just rolling over and having our bellies tickled. 

Maybe they should cough up a bit of cash and it will make up for them picking our pockets for Delap.

Surely something has to give.

We need to deal in this window. Does anyone involved in the deal not understand this?

If BHZ are pulling out then say so now. At the very least Mel should have given them a deadline. If he hasn’t then he’s making himself look desperate and his legacy forever tarnished.

I’m afraid I don’t understand the logic unless it’s sell at all costs and stuff the club.

Edited by 24Charlie

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Are we getting to a point where defaulting and the club ending up in the hands of MSD or whatever they're called being the best option?

Very interesting question

MSD or even Dell himself could well be a better owner than the Sheikh or local shareholders. He’s loaded ! MSD is in a position to move fast because of their lender relationship.  Due diligence would not take long

There may already be minor defaults in the MSD loan documents but the likelihood is that if Dell were to acquire it would be a fully consensual deal not a default scenario. 

Absurd thing is there could be NDAs in place w BZG which stop MM speaking to other buyers - dunno.   I think he might now decide to ignore those anyway

I read somewhere MSD has a minority holding in Soton ?

Edited by kevinhectoring

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Very interesting question

MSD or even Dell himself could well be a better owner than the Sheikh or local shareholders. He’s loaded ! MSD is in a position to move fast because of their lender relationship.  Due diligence would not take long

There may well already be minor defaults in the MSD documents but the likelihood is that if Dell were to acquire it would be a fully consensual deal not a default scenario. 

Absurd thing is there could be NDAs in place w BZG which stop MM speaking to other buyers - dunno   I think he might now decide to ignore those 

I read somewhere MSD has a minority holding in Soton ?

MSD has loans with a few clubs - theyve taken full advantage of the pandemic. Unless we've taken another loan they only get the stadium if we default at the moment don't they?

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bloody hell, how dare we infuriate a Premier League club by not just rolling over and having our bellies tickled. 

Maybe they should cough up a bit of cash and it will make up for them picking our pockets for Delap.

Assuming that this isn't just complete made up twaddle, something looks really odd.

It would be illogical for us to make ourselves worse off by giving Carson away - I can't believe that Man City would expect us to. We've also, on the face of things, very little reason to refuse a transfer if they just agreed to pay the £500k as a transfer fee rather than a loan fee. Therefore there must be something else in the finances preventing it. 

He might have a large RV, but his initial transfer fee was low, so I doubt that. My guess is that he has a huge loyalty bonus which he'll get now if we sell him, but in June if we don't - these bonuses are usually cancelled if the player submits a written transfer request. 

It does seem to that this is easily sortable by Man City and Carson though.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Assuming that this isn't just complete made up twaddle, something looks really odd.

It would be illogical for us to make ourselves worse off by giving Carson away - I can't believe that Man City would expect us to. We've also, on the face of things, very little reason to refuse a transfer if they just agreed to pay the £500k as a transfer fee rather than a loan fee. Therefore there must be something else in the finances preventing it. 

He might have a large RV, but his initial transfer fee was low, so I doubt that. My guess is that he has a huge loyalty bonus which he'll get now if we sell him, but in June if we don't - these bonuses are usually cancelled if the player submits a written transfer request. 

It does seem to that this is easily sortable by Man City and Carson though.

I dont see what Carson having a winnebago has to do with anything. ?

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

MSD has loans with a few clubs - theyve taken full advantage of the pandemic. Unless we've taken another loan they only get the stadium if we default at the moment don't they?

They have charges against the stadium (including the car park, Moor Farm, Club DCFC, the club itself (where the golden share lives, ie the EFL franchise)and the academy. They have also included the all the shell and holding companies.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Is the ongoing loan better for us than a sale from an FFP point of view? May depend on his value in the books not sure 

His value on the books (very low) will be written off this season no matter what. There will be no difference either way.

Depending on his wages, we could be better off or worse for P&S - are his wages for the rest of the season more or less than £500k. I would guess very close to equal.

The issue here is cash flow. We need some money in the bank so we can pay wages for December and January. Obviously, we'll need cash for future wages too.