Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

the disclosure may be deliberate and directed at the Sheikh, to get him moving/stop him renegotiating   

I'm repeating myself (again) but there's not really any hurrying or negotiating to be done in terms of completing the deal - the only thing we can hurry them along to do is to admit that the funds were never sent & pull out of the deal themselves, they're hardly going to do that though while Mel's letting them play Pretend Championship Club Owner 2021 and giving them a say over major decisions at the club.

They're also not going to send a second lot of money over, for a start it would be an admission that the first lot wasn't sent, it's not like they can just pull together another £60m out of the bag for another payment and even if they could, they're not going to want £120m floating around in the financial ether.

Either the money they've already sent drops or we call off the deal, those are the only options I can see as an end to this.

It feels at the minute that MM is scared to do the latter just in case the former miraculously transpires, so we're sat here for weeks on end, waiting - imagine if he called it off and the money arrived the next day, that's his last roll of the dice off the table and the search for new investment starts anew. Mel's already 'politely declined' one alternate source and seems to have his mind set on BZI, god only knows why.

These guys have got us in a noose, and if the situation is allowed to continue past the end of January our Championship status will be dead via asphyxiation, and then who knows what horrors the drop to League One could bring with it.

Maybe Gadsby has always been interested but Mel didn’t/doesn’t think he’d take us forward and now the offer from Gadsby and co is just a reminder to say they’ll buy it? Who knows ...no one ...if the sheik deal goes through on the last day of jan but is still better long term it is still a better deal than selling now to someone who can’t take us forward ...

Just now, S8TY said:

Maybe Gadsby has always been interested but Mel didn’t/doesn’t think he’d take us forward and now the offer from Gadsby and co is just a reminder to say they’ll buy it? Who knows ...no one ...if the sheik deal goes through on the last day of jan but is still better long term it is still a better deal than selling now to someone who can’t take us forward ...

I'd take someone who can't take us forward if it stopped us going backwards and find an investor who gives a crap, this new consortium have rapidly become an entity not to be trusted as it stands.  How any prospective buyer can want a new project to be on it's arse in this fashion is appalling. 

Bit like Fearn bought from Maxwell to sell to Pickering it may be a short term clean up job to sell on to someone who has got some idea that falling into league one is not something to be accepted as part of protracted delay. Hopefully Gadsby would start from the bottom by bringing the entirety of the club back under one umbrella like last time, rather than varied different Ltd companies. 

I’m struggling to sleep with all of this going on ....that may sound over the top but just being honest ...I’m sure I’m not alone ....DCFC is a massive part of our lives and this insecurity is so worrying although nothing we can do about it ....the group chat I share with other rams fans on WhatsApp talks about nothing else ....except when we play ....seems no end to this ....will be great to be just worrying about football itself not off the field matters 

16 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Quick question, I might be totally wrong, if the club don’t own the stadium are they obliged to play there? Do the club have a long term lease with the current owner? 

No idea, but where else would they play - Ilkeston Towns ground? Or the velodrome?

"There's something fishy and it's not the contents of Baldricks trousers" It's all been said, So i'll go over it again, The money was sent/remmited to A N Other lawyer, The deal should have gone through on December 24th, Alls well said SP, I've spoken to them and all is good, And yet here we are still no purchase, Still no money, 2nd from bottom, Players wages not paid in full, 2 weeks till the end of the transfer window...yet we're told all is OK, How so, Either the Shiek is pulling MMs pants down or MM is pulling the fans pants down.

Should we be privvy to the talks...No, Should we as avid DCFC supporters and paying customers be treated as mushrooms...I don't think we should, The more we're told or not told, The more questions will be asked by supporters, Supporters groups, Journalists, The media, The players.

All this must be heaven sent for the ELF, Forest, Leeds, Gibson et al, And we the supporters who are now seen with every other paying fan around the UK we are valued as our cash has been missed, All of a sudden my value as a season ticket holder...albeit last season is of little value to the powers that be at DCFC.

The funny thing is Pearce said they talk to the sheikh daily and sometimes up to 4 times a day. What the hell do they talk about. Have you sent it we ain’t got it yet. Yes I’ve sent it. Still not received. No idea but we sent it. We are even making decision and letting them make decisions and part run the club with no money coming in. What other business does it because no one else would it’s absurd. Wouldn’t see Mac Donald’s let a new buyer or investor have an input in the menu with No cash in. I’d like to make a lettuce burger with just lettuce bun and no sauce it just wouldn’t nt happen. The sheikh must be loving it making decisions with no consequences 

52 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Scent of blood in the water and getting something for less than it's worth?

If it's Gadsby he needs other backers even if he's going to be the figurehead.

League of Gentlemen v2.0.

didn't this happen with Pickering?

Archived