Abu Derby County

tinman

18 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

I sat in Lionels reception room with my gaffer, a recently retired Police detective, a short while into the 3 Amigos tenure. He essentially wanted to know what had happened with the take over as he thought he had been shafted.

We started the investigation, even colleagues were saying that we wouldn't find anything as they (3 Amigos) were 'too clever'. We kept plugging away and an investigation over several months using his contacts from Scotland Yard fraud squad, the police and my Military contacts. It took in amongst other things:

A Chip shop owner from Wolverhampton who invested thousands withMurdo.

David Buust and his missing testimonial money, MM was his agent.

Terry Butcher MM was in a business venture with him

The Military, MM used to claim he was ex -SBS and had connections with loyalist Paramilitary Groups

Various Mercedes cars that were billed to the club but used by family members of the 3 A's

Norweigan football clubs

The ABC Corporation (Panama)

An early iteration of 3rd party ownership of players

Expenses s for the ACN that had same dates as stays at Breadsall Priory, Club Sec was ordered to pay em.

What is usually described as asset stripping

Murdo asking around as to who my gaffer was as he wanted to 'sort him out'

Counter surveillance and anti- Electronic Surveillance measures

How MM was brought into teh club to investigate leaks regarding the Yakubu transfer under John Gregory

Actions of certain Co-Op Bank employees

We ended up with a pretty decent file on the activities, gaffer passed it onto Derbyshire Police Fraud Squad who took it on (the stuff gained by I think, the Rams Trust was also invaluable here) and obv we all know that they were found guilty.

The Co-Op bank also took on board what had been discovered with regard to their employees and Lionel got rather a lot of money back.

Best bit was we then had to go and repossess their club cars, Jeremy Keith in his dressing gown giving it the big un before realising that he no leg to stand on was a particular highlight.

Peter Gadsby was also very influential in the investigations and there is no doubt in my mind that had Lionel, Him and the Rams Trust not prodded and poked around then we wouldn't have a football club to support anymore.

I’m not sure everything was kosher at the co-op bank but never heard that anyone gone done there.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

I sat in Lionels reception room with my gaffer, a recently retired Police detective, a short while into the 3 Amigos tenure. He essentially wanted to know what had happened with the take over as he thought he had been shafted.

We started the investigation, even colleagues were saying that we wouldn't find anything as they (3 Amigos) were 'too clever'. We kept plugging away and an investigation over several months using his contacts from Scotland Yard fraud squad, the police and my Military contacts. It took in amongst other things:

The Military, MM used to claim he was ex -SBS and had connections with loyalist Paramilitary Groups

Various Mercedes cars that were billed to the club but used by family members of the 3 A's

Norweigan football clubs

Expenses s for the ACN that had same dates as stays at Breadsall Priory, Club Sec was ordered to pay em.

How MM was brought into teh club to investigate leaks regarding the Yakubu transfer under John Gregory

We ended up with a pretty decent file on the activities, gaffer passed it onto Derbyshire Police Fraud Squad who took it on (the stuff gained by I think, the Rams Trust was also invaluable here) and obv we all know that they were found guilty.

The Co-Op bank also took on board what had been discovered with regard to their employees and Lionel got rather a lot of money back.

Best bit was we then had to go and repossess their club cars, Jeremy Keith in his dressing gown giving it the big un before realising that he no leg to stand on was a particular highlight.

Peter Gadsby was also very influential in the investigations and there is no doubt in my mind that had Lionel, Him and the Rams Trust not prodded and poked around then we wouldn't have a football club to support anymore.

No doubt they all passed the Fit and Propper Owners...lol... not about in those days ?

I knew some Co op bank employees were a little suspect and cars re possesed, But Wow some cracking revelations there MH, I saw Jeremy Keith around a year after his release on the Subway in London, Suited and booted he was, I wanted to have a word in his ear but the then Wife said "leave it".

Football is easy pickings,,,even in todays world.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

What is Mel’s relationship with the Kirkland family and Peter Gadsby ? Wouldn’t he be better selling a third of the business to each and retaining a third ? They would all have the Rams best interests as the number one priority .

Kirkland was on the board of directors from 30th May 2017 until 25 September 2019. Kirkland (and David Williams) stepped down in relation to the club readying itself for investment.

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

The Co op took control of DCFC after Pickering messed up with finances, It was the Co op that sold us to the 3 crooks for £3.

I was with the co-op bank at the time and I was so disgusted with them I moved bank - and I had considerable more than £3 in the bank and no criminal record unlike who they sold it to

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

The Co op took control of DCFC after Pickering messed up with finances, It was the Co op that sold us to the 3 crooks for £3.

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I was with the co-op bank at the time and I was so disgusted with them I moved bank - and I had considerable more than £3 in the bank and no criminal record unlike who they sold it to

I don't know if it was that takeover or the one Lionel enacted himself, but it meant I lost the one share I had in DCFC and which gave me benefits like priority seat booking etc ? 

Edit: I forget why I had the share now - others may remember - was there an offer or was it in lieu of a season ticket refund after an early cup exit?

Maybe that'd be a way to raise cash now given that folks are waiting for season ticket refunds.

54 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Norweigan football clubs

Totally random thing to remember, but Jeremy Keith also drove a blue Audi A8 that was fairly tatty and around 6-7 years old at the time. He would regularly put the Derby flags in the windows like a proper director ?

Probably charged that to the club too!

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

What is Mel’s relationship with the Kirkland family and Peter Gadsby ? Wouldn’t he be better selling a third of the business to each and retaining a third ? They would all have the Rams best interests as the number one priority .

MM comes across as very egotistical, cant see him wanting to share the limelight with anyone.

What happened to him selling the club for £1 if he thought the new owners could take the club forward?

Guessing this means he doesnt think the Sheikh can take the club forward and just wants to recoup some cash?

38 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Totally random thing to remember, but Jeremy Keith also drove a blue Audi A8 that was fairly tatty and around 6-7 years old at the time. He would regularly put the Derby flags in the windows like a proper director ?

Probably charged that to the club too!

Also wasn't there some jiggery pokery with the new floodlights, A family member got the gig to install them...i think ?‍♀️, They were very expensive ?

42 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

You don't really believe that twoddle do you?

He's a business man, he'll only sell if its worth it to him.

Oh I think he meant it, but in a "my recompense coming another route" kind of way / anyone meeting the criteria to qualify for Mel's £1 offer would almost certainly be able to gift Mel a "significant" amount by some means" -

there'd probably be a transaction of £1 to say to everyone "look, it was sold for a pound" but it wouldn't be costing the new owners £1 to buy. And of course the poundshop memes and jokes would never stop.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Can we not get all involved round to Eddie's house? 

Get Eddie to put some Belgian specials out and leave the contract on the table. 

All socially distanced of course but I bet there's a scrawly signature on that contract by morning. 

Can't afford Belgian beer any more. Delivery charges from Belgium have trebled. We're on the Sam Smiths now.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh I think he meant it, but in a "my recompense coming another route" kind of way / anyone meeting the criteria to qualify for Mel's £1 offer would almost certainly be able to gift Mel a "significant" amount by some means" -

there'd probably be a transaction of £1 to say to everyone "look, it was sold for a pound" but it wouldn't be costing the new owners £1 to buy. And of course the poundshop memes and jokes would never stop.

When Morris said he would sell the club for £1 it was with the caveat that his debts be repaid at the same time. 

I predict the page count will jump by about 80 in the 24hrs following the transfer window closing.

It's appalling that Rooney is even having to discuss the possibility of the deal not being complete by the end of January, 5 and a half weeks after we expected the cash.

How can anyone at the club even consider that an acceptable outcome?

Archived