Abu Derby County

tinman

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh I think he meant it, but in a "my recompense coming another route" kind of way / anyone meeting the criteria to qualify for Mel's £1 offer would almost certainly be able to gift Mel a "significant" amount by some means" -

there'd probably be a transaction of £1 to say to everyone "look, it was sold for a pound" but it wouldn't be costing the new owners £1 to buy. And of course the poundshop memes and jokes would never stop.

Isn't that pretty much how Mel ended up in charge? Offered £15m in day to day funding for the club, and received 20% equity in return?

Then was asked to bring forward the following 4 years investment and complete the takeover on the same terms.

I'm unsure GSE ever received a penny themselves for the club. Happy to be corrected.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Topram said:

Lucky it’s all behind closed doors atm imagine how toxic pride park would be on match days with a crowd 

I actually disagree a bit on this point. I actually think it's a shame that fans haven't had the opportunity to voice an opinion (within reason of course). We only really get the chance to do so on a match day. No fans means the club can hide behind their non-staments and dull platitudes. 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Is there enough wealth on this forum to form a consortium ?????

We would certainly be better at player recruitment.

I can't see us lot being able to form an orderly queue, let alone a consortium capable of running a business!  ?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What debts are these?

No idea. Ask Mel or the Times.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-considering-selling-Derby-2664699

"Morris is understood to have received several proposals from interested parties willing to take on a percentage of the club’s debt to him, plus the promise of further staged payments if Derby are promoted to the Premier League, but has yet to find any acceptable and is holding out for a better deal."

EDIT:

There is this one as well: 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-sell-Derby-county-2667273

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

No idea. Ask Mel or the Times.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-considering-selling-Derby-2664699

"Morris is understood to have received several proposals from interested parties willing to take on a percentage of the club’s debt to him, plus the promise of further staged payments if Derby are promoted to the Premier League, but has yet to find any acceptable and is holding out for a better deal."

From memory, there was no debt to MM at 30 June 2018, and his company owed the club circa £80m.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

From memory, there was no debt to MM at 30 June 2018, and his company owed the club circa £80m.

I was only highlighting the fact that he didn't say he would sell the club for just £1, as some posters were implying incorrectly earlier in the thread.

Out of interest though why would his company owe the club anything?

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I was only highlighting the fact that he didn't say he would sell the club for just £1, as some posters were implying incorrectly earlier in the thread.

Out of interest though why would his company owe the club anything?

Pretty sure he did say it at a fans forum at Nunsfield House.

His company owed DCFC for the ground.

Archived