Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I think the last few posts are a case of looking for something that simply isn't there (like when MM checks his bank account money transferred from Abu Dhabi) to try to justify the delays.

Even if there were discussions about the stadium, there's no reason they can't complete the main transaction & look at the stadum at a later date. Once they already have a controlling share in the club and have shown themselves to be trustworthy, competent owners they'd be in a much better position to negotiate buying further assets than to trying to cause further hold-ups, putting the club's Championship status further in doubt and only solidifying the negative opinion many people have already built up about them.

Too late! I suppose he could pull out of the sale and renegotiate but that's definitely something which would get reported.

We've repeatedly been told that all of the closing conditions of the sale have been met, all contracts agreed, everything is sorted and it's just a case of waiting for the money to arrive. The club have publicly stated that they expected the money to have dropped and the takeover to have been complete on December 24th.

We've publicly been told that when the money comes in the players will receive their full salaries - that still hasn't happened & there's still talk of a new loan from MSD Holdings, so it's safe to assume that we haven't received a penny from them as yet. We're 'assured' it has been sent though. If the deal was dependent on a further deal around the stadium they simply wouldn't have sent the payment they already claim to have done.

Having read this back I'd like to apologise to @Turk Thrust for my atrocious use of mixed tense, I know this sort of thing really irritates you!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps hes leaving it to supporters in his Will ??

It's suddenly occurred to me that both Pride Park Stadium and Moor Farm are Assets of Community Value (ACV). To sell either the community group involved must be informed and given the option to buy. Rams Trust might (I really don't know) be the group in this case. I wonder if they have heard anything?

I think Elaine? posts on here. I would have @ her, but I can't remember here userid.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Could the sticking point be the stadium?

if I was buying the club I would want the ground as well. Maybe a deal for the club is agreed but is dependent on also doing a deal for the ground too. The elevated valuation might now be a sticking point?

I'd have given that a thumbs up a month or so ago.  But all the soundbites coming from DCFC now, are hinting that they are not aware of any sticking points.  

Whether the stadium is part of the deal or not, it appears "the deal" is theoretically completed, delayed funds notwithstanding.

That's not to say I have any clue as to what the hold up is, because I clearly don't, but I'm sure it isn't what you suggest?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd have given that a thumbs up a month or so ago.  But all the soundbites coming from DCFC now, are hinting that they are not aware of any sticking points.  

Whether the stadium is part of the deal or not, it appears "the deal" is theoretically completed, delayed funds notwithstanding.

That's not to say I have any clue as to what the hold up is, because I clearly don't, but I'm sure it isn't what you suggest?

Whatever the hold up is Mel needs to give them a deadline of 3 days before the end of the transfer window to get it sorted or we are in trouble....

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

It's suddenly occurred to me that both Pride Park Stadium and Moor Farm are Assets of Community Value (ACV). To sell either the community group involved must be informed and given the option to buy. Rams Trust might (I really don't know) be the group in this case. I wonder if they have heard anything?

I think Elaine? posts on here. I would have @ her, but I can't remember here userid.

Doubt the ground will be being sold, surely MM will be selling his shares in the company?

Someone will be sat on a big corporatiom tax/SDLT bill if the ground is being sold off as an asset.

11 hours ago, RamNut said:

Could the sticking point be the stadium?

if I was buying the club I would want the ground as well. Maybe a deal for the club is agreed but is dependent on also doing a deal for the ground too. The elevated valuation might now be a sticking point?

It was always a positive thing, the knowledge that DCFC actually owned its own ground. For me, whatever the financial justifications, the most disappointing act during Mr Morris's tenure is the club having to relinquish ownership of PP. 

The state of the club falls at the feet of one man and there is so many bits of the club owned here there and everywhere, agreed all owned ultimately by companies Mel owns to beat the FFP, its no wonder its a complete mess trying to sort this takeover out. 

As much as I admire Mel for putting his money where his mouth is, he has made a complete hash of it.  Sacked far too many managers, through bad appointments, which is his fault!  He has to take full responsibility for that, how can Derby pay such huge amounts for Johnson and Butterfield to let them go on frees, the wage structure was not really thought through.  I think Mel saw red when QPR massively overspent and beat us in the PO final, from that point on I think he started to think if you can't beat them join them.

One thing that has puzzled me is why have the club stopped taking the ST money payments?  Something is definitely a miss behind the scenes..... Considering the club are skint, why would they not continue to take the money, it doesn't make sense.... 

I think we are owed some kind of explanation about why the ST money payments have been paused and what's the plan moving forward? 

A proper update on the takeover whether its dead or not and if its still going through or not, the Rooney announcement on Friday I think was designed to buy a little time.  Well for me times up, WTF is going on with OUR football club?

44 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

A proper update on the takeover whether its dead or not and if its still going through or not, the Rooney announcement on Friday I think was designed to buy a little time.  Well for me times up, WTF is going on with OUR football club?

none of this is good, we are not in a good place.  We all know that.    But they probably can't say anything about the takeover until it's definitely off.  Not least because SP's interviews on Friday indicated the club doesn't really know what's going on at the purchaser's end. What do you think the club  should say if they think it might close, if they want it to close, but if they don't really know the likelihood of it happening? Anything they say other than 'it's still on" or 'it's off' will cause even more confusion and frustration.

We just need to focus on Tuesday and win. We play better football against the better clubs which should cheer us all up. If we win, the mood on this forum will be completely different.  It's possible that this is the low point !!!

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

none of this is good, we are not in a good place.  We all know that.    But they probably can't say anything about the takeover until it's definitely off.  Not least because SP's interviews on Friday indicated the club doesn't really know what's going on at the purchaser's end. What do you think the club  should say if they think it might close, if they want it to close, but if they don't really know the likelihood of it happening? Anything they say other than 'it's still on" or 'it's off' will cause even more confusion and frustration.

We just need to focus on Tuesday and win. We play better football against the better clubs which should cheer us all up. If we win, the mood on this forum will be completely different.  It's possible that this is the low point !!!

TBH - The players do not look focused, the lack of salary will be one reason and the takeover will also be a distraction.....  Its really not good and I think our 'supposed' new owners seem to like playing games....  TBH I rather we found another owner, this is a complete farce and its clear they have not an ounce of regard for the club, the players (who've not be paid) or the fans.....

7 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

TBH - The players do not look focused, the lack of salary will be one reason and the takeover will also be a distraction.....  Its really not good and I think our 'supposed' new owners seem to like playing games....  TBH I rather we found another owner, this is a complete farce and its clear they have not an ounce of regard for the club, the players (who've not be paid) or the fans.....

You may be right but personally I don’t buy it. As I’ve said before, I feel sure they would have been told a lot more than us and have been given assurances about their pay. I also suspect that once they get out on the pitch all of that is out of their minds.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

You may be right but personally I don’t buy it. As I’ve said before, I feel sure they would have been told a lot more than us and have been given assurances about their pay. I also suspect that once they get out on the pitch all of that is out of their minds.

Yes I agree. We looked a bit off our game for sure but we still created chances - we aren't taking them. We're desperate for a striker, and then the usual oops-a-daisy defending lost us a point. If we'd popped a couple of chances in then that wouldn't matter but there's too much pressure on the defence when we're not scoring.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

E5FD37C7-144D-4F36-ABC8-515052DB0B6F.png

That would be tha same Keiran Maguire that allegedly grassed us up to the EFL regarding our accoutning practices and the same bloke that turns up repeatedly on Radio Derby stirring but having no answers? I'm sure I'll believe everything he tells me.....

Archived