Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing the January transfer window would be a blow. It’s notoriously difficult window as it is, and our current financial predicament and deteriorating league position will make it very difficult to attract players even if the embargo is lifted.

We lack creativity and goals, and have an imbalance in the squad. We lack a dominant centre half. we’re also short on numbers in some positions, etc etc.
We need to address these issues in the context of also achieving a much reduced wage bill.

So far I think the only player we have missed is Andre Green. Not a world beater but an attacking midfielder of the right age and available on a free. Even in our current state I think we could have trumped managerless Sheff wed to his signature. 

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

Thought it was odd this wasn't picked up by anyone else. 

Must be Gadsby?

It has to be. I don't think we'll go into adminstration, there are clearly other people who want to buy the club. Mel declined the offer so he must be really confident the sheikh deal will get done and be successful. 

14 hours ago, europia said:

It was always a positive thing, the knowledge that DCFC actually owned its own ground. For me, whatever the financial justifications, the most disappointing act during Mr Morris's tenure is the club having to relinquish ownership of PP. 

while I understand the emotions I don’t see a huge difference between the stadium “owned” by the club but a pledged asset to a bank that has a charge on it while we pay a mortgage. Or we pay a rental to an independent owner.

If the club goes bump the stadium is forfeit anyway and No one else is going to long term rent the stadium except DCFC.
Then If you really think about it hard .. Mel paid off the mortgage that we would have defaulted on under previous owners and then subsequently bought the stadium a second time from the club - which he a

ready owned .. each time to the clubs benefit. 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

E5FD37C7-144D-4F36-ABC8-515052DB0B6F.png

Kieran Maguire is a gobshite bamford who knows the square root of duck all. Much like the Daily Fail, he's constantly sticking his oar in where Derby are concerned and always comes out of it looking like a tit.

By his own admission, he emailed the EFL over our stadium sale, insisting that it contravened FFP regs and that action should be taken. Given this is  a subject in which he claims to be an expert, that should tell you all you need to know.

20 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

20210118_122203.jpg

If that’s true then Mel should seriously be looking into It, this has gone on long enough, like I said the other day BZI are half running our football club without spending a single penny they’re jokers, it needs an ending this and very soon, if we were sat 12th 10 points above the relegation zone then yes fair enough we wouldn’t be in as big of a rush but personally I think we have 2 weeks to save our season, we need 2/3 more players of good quality to get us out of this mess, If this isn’t done and we see no new faces that’ll help then I think next season we will be playing league one football, i don’t buy all the well it’ll help us rebuild, it won’t. Many big clubs have struggled Sunderland, Pompey Ipswich for example, we go down this year we may be stuck in league one for a lot longer than we’d like especially with the turmoil of the pitch, it’s not like we are a stable club ready to make the step up 

Heard from someone the other day that Gadsby was back in the frame, so I assume that’s him. Good to know there’s people out there that are willing to save us from this mess. If I were Mel I’d be seriously considering whatever off he’s willing to put forward, especially if he’s got some decent investors behind him. BZI simply aren’t going to pay up, so we’re wasting precious time at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

20210118_122203.jpg

Mel has been openly looking to off load the club for what?  18 months is it?

Has this "former shareholder" only just got around to getting in touch?  And if so, why now?  Why not sooner?

Or has this "former shareholder" made similar offer(s) in the recent past, and has Mel refused it/them previously?  And if so, why?

All rhetorical, of course.  Not expecting any answers. 

22 minutes ago, jono said:

...If the club goes bump the stadium is forfeit anyway and No one else is going to long term rent the stadium except DCFC...

Maybe there is a football club in a neighbouring town/village, that currently rents a local council property?  Maybe they would look at re-locating, and renting privately, if only to better themselves, socially?

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Has this "former shareholder" only just got around to getting in touch?  And if so, why now?  Why not sooner?

Or has this "former shareholder" made similar offer(s) in the recent past, and has Mel refused it/them previously?  And if so, why?

If it is Gadsby he isn't particularly wealthy. Richer than me, but he wouldnt be able to fund the club for long on his own. I assume his offer only came now because it looked like the club was doomed and he wanted to help prevent it. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Missing the January transfer window would be a blow. It’s notoriously difficult window as it is, and our current financial predicament and deteriorating league position will make it very difficult to attract players even if the embargo is lifted.

We lack creativity and goals, and have an imbalance in the squad. We lack a dominant centre half. we’re also short on numbers in some positions, etc etc.
We need to address these issues in the context of also achieving a much reduced wage bill.

So far I think the only player we have missed is Andre Green. Not a world beater but an attacking midfielder of the right age and available on a free. Even in our current state I think we could have trumped managerless Sheff wed to his signature. 

Green has been without a club since the end of last season so anyone could have easily had him if they wanted him ( what’s happened to Tom Huddlestone)  

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Because they only had £3 

41 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Scent of blood in the water and getting something for less than it's worth?

If it's Gadsby he needs other backers even if he's going to be the figurehead.

League of Gentlemen v2.0.

Archived