Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't just be me that can only hear this in the voice of the narrator off The Apprentice?

"The search for investment....continuesssssss..."

If we're talking about American TV shows, I currently have the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme fading in over this.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Hmmmmm it wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkland and/or Gadsby were waiting in the wings. 

I think they are relatively genuine regards their wanting to keep the club out of serious trouble.

I doubt they would want to run the club long term. They’d be more interested in bailing it out in the short term and then trying to find someone else to move the club forward in the longer term.

Then, in three years, Mel can buy the club and we can start all over again.....

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It was in a suitcase on a plane that landed at Gatwick 6am this morning, as it didn’t have a negative coronavirus test to hand it is now in quarantine ??

Seems reasonable to me, I’ll buy it.

I’ll be back in 10 days and if you’ve made that up...?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I must be the only one happy this keeps dragging on. I figure the longer it goes on the more chance there is of Mel telling him to do one! 

All fine and good if that means we can still sign players and pay the players. I’d rather that be Mel’s stance now anyway but we desperately need players in.

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

All fine and good if that means we can still sign players and pay the players. I’d rather that be Mel’s stance now anyway but we desperately need players in.

Mel would still need to sell, just not to the Sheik. I just fear the Sheik is another SISU in a long thobe!

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It was in a suitcase on a plane that landed at Gatwick 6am this morning, as it didn’t have a negative coronavirus test to hand it is now in quarantine ??

My son fell for a facebook add and ordered some "really cheap" exercise stuff in lockdown. Took about 3 months to come overland from China for which he constantly tracked progress excitedly. Finally in July he excitedly opened the well travelled package to find a tatty hipflask arrived! Having a real deja vu

2 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

The funny thing is Pearce said they talk to the sheikh daily and sometimes up to 4 times a day. What the hell do they talk about. Have you sent it we ain’t got it yet. Yes I’ve sent it. Still not received. No idea but we sent it. We are even making decision and letting them make decisions and part run the club with no money coming in. What other business does it because no one else would it’s absurd. Wouldn’t see Mac Donald’s let a new buyer or investor have an input in the menu with No cash in. I’d like to make a lettuce burger with just lettuce bun and no sauce it just wouldn’t nt happen. The sheikh must be loving it making decisions with no consequences 

Hi its Derby Countys CEO . I know nothing about anything . Could you drop me a quick e mail to confirm funds have been transferred.

You keep clicking Y . I'm taking that as yes.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that LP borrowed money from the Co op circa £10million, It was payable by a certain date, LP defaulted so the Co op stepped in and took control, LPs fortune started to drip away, Leaving some people very angry indeed.

Maybe some on here have more insight than myself as it was a long time ago.

I sat in Lionels reception room with my gaffer, a recently retired Police detective, a short while into the 3 Amigos tenure. He essentially wanted to know what had happened with the take over as he thought he had been shafted.

We started the investigation, even colleagues were saying that we wouldn't find anything as they (3 Amigos) were 'too clever'. We kept plugging away and an investigation over several months using his contacts from Scotland Yard fraud squad, the police and my Military contacts. It took in amongst other things:

A Chip shop owner from Wolverhampton who invested thousands withMurdo.

David Buust and his missing testimonial money, MM was his agent.

Terry Butcher MM was in a business venture with him

The Military, MM used to claim he was ex -SBS and had connections with loyalist Paramilitary Groups

Various Mercedes cars that were billed to the club but used by family members of the 3 A's

Norweigan football clubs

The ABC Corporation (Panama)

An early iteration of 3rd party ownership of players

Expenses s for the ACN that had same dates as stays at Breadsall Priory, Club Sec was ordered to pay em.

What is usually described as asset stripping

Murdo asking around as to who my gaffer was as he wanted to 'sort him out'

Counter surveillance and anti- Electronic Surveillance measures

How MM was brought into teh club to investigate leaks regarding the Yakubu transfer under John Gregory

Actions of certain Co-Op Bank employees

We ended up with a pretty decent file on the activities, gaffer passed it onto Derbyshire Police Fraud Squad who took it on (the stuff gained by I think, the Rams Trust was also invaluable here) and obv we all know that they were found guilty.

The Co-Op bank also took on board what had been discovered with regard to their employees and Lionel got rather a lot of money back.

Best bit was we then had to go and repossess their club cars, Jeremy Keith in his dressing gown giving it the big un before realising that he no leg to stand on was a particular highlight.

Peter Gadsby was also very influential in the investigations and there is no doubt in my mind that had Lionel, Him and the Rams Trust not prodded and poked around then we wouldn't have a football club to support anymore.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Green has been without a club since the end of last season so anyone could have easily had him if they wanted him ( what’s happened to Tom Huddlestone)  

But we haven’t had the new confirmed manager until recently.

Archived