Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

So people were freting about complacency /naivety because the message was 'Mel is very confident the deal will go through so hasn't considered looking at other deals'... 

Swiftly followed by rumours that there are other interested parties... 

Very convenient. 

Just confirms what we all already know, nobody has a clue what’s going on apart from DCFC and the potential new owners. All guess work from all ITK’s, Reporters and Tw@erers. 
I guess we will all find out one way or another when DCFC want us to know. 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of this uncertainty and apparent chaos cannot be a good sign for the future. This is also a group which dramatically pulled out of a Newcastle deal. Anyone saying 'Rooney wouldn't have signed on without assurances for player building' yeah because that would be the first time a manager has been lied to by a prospective owner. Mel is not stupid but if he's struggling for hard cash in his desperation to get rid of the club he might be pushed into a less than great decision for new ownership. I'm personally not convinced by this group at all, we have yet to see a penny, players wages are not paid and the takeover has somehow still not taken place and it's all led to yet another farce.  

2 hours ago, jono said:

I very much doubt that. Players wages are a very specific thing in champ football. I can’t imagine we are even close to negotiating arrangements with the serious ones like HMRC or the Water authority. It is always likely that we have been a bit slow paying suppliers, there aren’t many businesses that pay on the nail in normal terms anyway 

HMRC will not let any liabilities of the kind Derby may owe drag on more than about 8 weeks without being very peed off. 

3 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

So why the he played awful remark?. I’m acutely aware he owns the club and isn’t a player but his tenure has been awful, classless and now total arrogance with his lack of communication not the fans

Because your response is such a knee jerk reaction. Look at the other reasons we lost. 
Not trained for 13 days not played for 15 days.  Awful pitch.

As for Mel’s arrogance? Really?  He’s invited more supporters into the club and moor farm and had q&a’s at outside venues than any other chairman of Derby I ever knew, never ducking questions.

Apparently he’s not well, how unwell is he? I don’t know, do you?

Remember when fans protested outside Pride Park during the GSE ownership period? The way the club was run then pales in comparison to how things are right now.

It appears we will be taken over, whether that is the Sheikh, Dell, or someone else isn't certain, but what does appear increasingly certain is that we are heading to league one.

It could be a blessing in disguise and we may use it as an opportunity to kick on like Southampton, but equally, look at clubs like Sunderland and Ipswich.  I fear that is more likely our immediate future.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Because your response is such a knee jerk reaction. Look at the other reasons we lost. 

As for Mel’s arrogance? Really?  He’s invited more supporters into the club and moor farm and had q&a’s at outside venues than any other chairman of Derby I ever knew, never ducking questions.

Well I’d have to respectfully disagree, there’s no knee jerk reaction either it’s how I felt before kick off, last season even. I just don’t think he’s been good for us, the battles with the EFL etc, countless Managers.

Not aware he’s not well but if that is the case then why isn’t that communicated, at least fans know and won’t then expect comms.

Stand by what I said

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is that right he is unwell ? Heard this a few times now and it seemed to start with a possible reason for him wanting to sell, to becoming factual. Hopefully it's a rumour rather than the latter.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

HMRC will not let any liabilities of the kind Derby may owe drag on more than about 8 weeks without being very peed off. 

Do you know what we owe HMRC or what time to pay arrangements or similar we have with HMRC? Very very very common at the moment strangely with covid

Quite simply this transfer take over must be completed in ten days or less.

The players must be paid.

Rooney must be allowed to bring in 2/3 players before the end of January.

That is the only way I see us staying up.

Quite literally we can’t score.

Just now, rammieib said:

It's not happening,we need to come to terms with this,as much as I hate it.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Yes 

shame it’s taking some to realise the importance of getting this takeover and transfer window sorted out 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not happening,we need to come to terms with this,as much as I hate it.

I actually agree with you.

I think it’s embarrassing that Mel is letting the Sheikh make decisions in the future of this club despite not putting up any cash.

This time in future years will be looked on as badly as some of the recent fiascos Of previous ownership groups.

Archived