Abu Derby County

tinman

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Well, perception is everything.

If you are happy being in the bottom three of the Championship and having won only four games in 25 in all competitions and the club being run so poorly, then credit to you.

No one is happy with it, but it’s because of the first 11 games under Cocu we are there, not the 10 games with Rooney (or is it 9 games thinking about it). We were on the verge of being cut adrift, it was dire, even I was pessimistic and in that period found myself agreeing with you a lot ?

Since Rooney has taken charge there is cause for optimism and we now have a good chance of surviving, albeit there is still plenty of work to do 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This is the problem with just looking at results in isolation. The Sheffield Wednesday performance IMO was better than Birmingham. We battered them for 60 mins, we still had chances to level after they scored. Still don’t know how we lost the game, sometimes you have to say bad luck. Play like that, and like we’ve done for the majority of the games under Rooney we will survive comfortably. 

It wasnt like the nearly performances under Cocu, we actually created chances to miss and looked solid at the back.

COVID, can’t do anything about that and who knows how it will impact the squad, let’s hope it isn’t too bad. 

The only risk we can do something about is the squad, Yes we need clarity upstairs to sort this, but we don’t need much. A couple of loans, or a couple of bargain free transfers. We need CB cover for Davies’ being out, and we need back up for Kazim or someone to share the load. This can be sorted out takeover or no takeover and we will have enough to survive. But we just need to know which one it is and hopefully that clarity will arrive next week. 

To those players who have gone through a spell holed up at home with nothing to do because of COVID, with no time on the training ground, and in limbo over their wages being paid, the last game could seem like an eternity ago.

I think it’s normal to be concerned. The only thing that will dispel that is getting wins on the board and putting recent weeks behind us.

But a loss on Saturday and we could once again find ourselves in a spiral. We have already seen this season how a group of capable players can suddenly look totally unrecognisable where performances are concerned.

That’s why it’s disappointing that Mel and the prospective new owners haven’t got themselves in order.

If things are stable and clear off the pitch, it transmits throughout the club.

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Thank goodness I haven’t got the minds of some of the posters on here, doommongers, constantly criticising, saying the takeover will never happen, that we will definitely be relegated, that MM should be ashamed  ?

I'm sorry but that's rubbish . Most fans want it done but whether it goes ahead or not the fact remains the supporters have been treated like Turds , no info coming out of the club whatsoever , no respect at all . But it ain't done till it's done.  We've had Mac 3   now we are on imminent part 2 !!!!. 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I think we are going down. I’ll be stunned at any other outcome.

A new manager in his first managerial job with results and luck starting to go against him, a new owner coming in under a cloud of uncertainty and with less than three weeks remaining of the transfer window to get things organised, and a group of players looking very short of goals and creativity and with very fragile confidence.

It doesn’t look good, you have to say.

I fully understand what you mean, but I think we'll be OK. There are a lot of challenges and possibilities which could send us down though. 

I think Rooneyball is well suited to the division. If the takeover goes OK, the season doesn't end too quickly and the new owners provide the means to bring in a striker, a winger and a central defender (even loans), then we should be OK. A 'good' takeover and all the wage, embargo and Cocu blues will be forgotten. 

Agree it won't take much to derail things though. Wigan style owners and we're in real trouble. A run of injuries or a batch of long Covid and we could struggle. It's also a huge gamble going with a rookie, but he's done well so far, so hopefully he'll do OK.

I honestly think the challenge will be the summer. We'll be expected to be mounting a promotion challenge. That's when the owners' and manager's inexperience could really lead to problems...assuming the manager doesnt get fast tracked to the North West.

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I'm sorry but that's rubbish . Most fans want it done but whether it goes ahead or not the fact remains the supporters have been treated like Turds , no info coming out of the club whatsoever , no respect at all . But it ain't done till it's done.  We've had Mac 3   now we are on imminent part 2 !!!!. 

I need say no more. You’ve just proven my post to be right

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

A new manager in his first managerial job with results and luck starting to go against him, a new owner coming in under a cloud of uncertainty and with less than three weeks remaining of the transfer window to get things organised, and a group of players looking very short of goals and creativity and with very fragile confidence.

Blimey. Take a warm bath. Have a glass of Merlot, and just chill out

30 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I fully understand what you mean, but I think we'll be OK. There are a lot of challenges and possibilities which could send us down though. 

I think Rooneyball is well suited to the division. If the takeover goes OK, the season doesn't end too quickly and the new owners provide the means to bring in a striker, a winger and a central defender (even loans), then we should be OK. A 'good' takeover and all the wage, embargo and Cocu blues will be forgotten. 

Agree it won't take much to derail things though. Wigan style owners and we're in real trouble. A run of injuries or a batch of long Covid and we could struggle. It's also a huge gamble going with a rookie, but he's done well so far, so hopefully he'll do OK.

I honestly think the challenge will be the summer. We'll be expected to be mounting a promotion challenge. That's when the owners' and manager's inexperience could really lead to problems...assuming the manager doesnt get fast tracked to the North West.

We are all hoping we’ll be OK. But the signs don’t look good at the moment.

Granted if we beat Rotherham and QPR in the next two weeks, I think people will start to relax.

Like you have alluded to, it’s very much in the balance and this is no time to get complacent or too comfortable.

If we are still in this division come the summer, I don’t think a promotion challenge next season is realistic.

I think we will need at least 12-18 months for the club to digest all of the changes at the club and be in a position to prosper in this division.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We are all hoping we’ll be OK. But the signs don’t look good at the moment.

Granted if we beat Rotherham and QPR in the next two weeks, I think people will start to relax.

Like you have alluded to, it’s very much in the balance and this is no time to get complacent or too comfortable.

If we are still in this division come the summer, I don’t think a promotion challenge next season is realistic.

I think we will need at least 12-18 months for the club to digest all of the changes at the club and be in a position to prosper in this division.

Austin has signed for QPR. 

2 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I think there is a huge difference between paypaling your mate £20 for your share of the curry and the transfer of £60m. Not least elements such as currency.  Take this into consideration...UK was about to go through Brexit on New Year's eve and go into lockdown.  That in itself could cause a currency crash. This is not a sterling to sterling transaction  and the transfer of funds in itself could end up costing hundreds of thousands different based on when the transfer takes places and currency is bought. These are all things fans don't seem to consider when looking at monetary transfer of this scale. These people make money...you don't make money by being wasteful. A 1% difference in this transfer is 600k....600k...! Let that sink in

Yeah I know, I was being flippant, but probably lost in translation, sorry.  I worked in banking for over 20 years so do know that this is not a case of a simple transfer.  Fingers crossed this "imminent" update actually happens this week so we can put this, plus the Chorley rubbish all behind us and focus on getting ourselves back up the table. 

52 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Yeah I know, I was being flippant, but probably lost in translation, sorry.  I worked in banking for over 20 years so do know that this is not a case of a simple transfer.  Fingers crossed this "imminent" update actually happens this week so we can put this, plus the Chorley rubbish all behind us and focus on getting ourselves back up the table. 

I did wonder if perhaps weds is being mooted as that is the day after C19 isolation ends for most and they could do required press duties.

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Thank goodness you're not giving our team talks Jourdan. Beaten before we're out on the pitch

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I'm sure the club, management and players are eternally grateful for your unshakeable faith and unwavering support, as always! ?

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm sure the club, management and players are eternally grateful for your unshakeable faith and unwavering support, as always! ?

I’ll still be here when we’re in League One, so what’s your point?

Archived