Abu Derby County

tinman

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The Landlord can see it to whoever he wants, it doesn't change the fact that the club have the security of a lease being in place, for which MM said there were numerous covenants inserted to ensure the security of the club going forward, how true that is I do not know as I have not seen the lease.

Exactly. I wish people would stop worrying about the stadium. It’s owned at the moment by MM who owns the club. That sounds ok. And surely BZG will have twigged that it is a necessary accessory if you buy the club. So they will also no doubt have control over it. So that’s fine too 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

"All closing conditions have been clarified"... I haven't been able to read the full article because of the paywall, but does that not suggest that funds have actually been received?

I'd be more surprised if it does actually happen at this point, but surely if Mel or Mel's lawyers are still awaiting the money, then that's quite a big closing condition to hold things up.

Either way, if it does go through it's probably going to take a while for the prospective new owners to win the majority of the fanbase around. There was some concern as the news broke, there's a hell of a lot more after being "imminent" for what seems like forever now.

I've just seen the full article on Twitter and it does actually say that we are still waiting for the funds to arrive, however the club have been assured that the fund have been sent.

The Club and Mel must have a hell of a lot of faith and trust in the new owners if they are going to keep feeding this information to Percy. If it doesn't go through, it's not the Sheikh who will receive the criticism or tarnished-reputation, he'll just be forgotten about. Mel will unfortunately be the one who bears the brunt, so he's either absolutely convinced it will happen, or he's taking a huge, huge risk in trusting that it does.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok, all entitled to our opinion. 

I am confident the wage bill is at least £10m per year lower than it was in 2018, I'm going to take a wild guess that you can't prove me wrong.

The Landlord can see it to whoever he wants, it doesn't change the fact that the club have the security of a lease being in place, for which MM said there were numerous covenants inserted to ensure the security of the club going forward, how true that is I do not know as I have not seen the lease.

Also what would have stopped MM selling to the highest bidder when the ground was owned by The Derby County Football Club Limited?

It maybe 10 million less, the point is though is it manageable. The original discussion was around the club being at its lowest under this current tenure. Currently we have a wage bill that for some reason is not being paid, we are under a transfer embargo, in the bottom three and although it may be less than it was a couple of years ago, the owner has decided that he can no longer, or doesn't want to, fund this going forward. 

As per your question regarding the stadium, but irrelevant isn't it as we not longer own it, that's the point.

I'll ask again as you didn't quite answer, what is worth more, a club owning an 70 million pound ground or one leasing a 70 million pound ground ?

So there is a difference between the two updates. The last update was that their lawyers were waiting for the money to be received in their account. 

Now the update is all closing conditions are complete, I take this to mean their lawyers have the money and all final conditions are agreed. Now our lawyers just need to receive the money from their lawyers.

28 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If my salary was almost 2 weeks late then yes i do think it is an excellent idea. The only reason you would turn up is to hand your notice in, but that is perfectly acceptable via email as well. The company still has to pay you for the time worked - they are in breach of contract - not you.

If you want to elaborate on why you think it would be a bad idea please do so, but judging by your rather weak response of "good luck"  i suspect you've never actually had a job in the real world.

It all depends on what the players have been told. It's a very poor situation for them but, if they've been told more than us that gives them some assurance then surely it would be in their best interest to continue to work (but obviously not indefinitely without pay). 

For the project I am currently working on, the pay for my first two weeks was delayed for a few weeks and I personally had to do a load of chasing. There were times when I also considered not working until it was sorted but, I went with it and it was all resolved eventually. They retained my services and I stayed on a reasonable well paid project instead of finding myself unemployed.

9 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

It maybe 10 million less, the point is though is it manageable. The original discussion was around the club being at its lowest under this current tenure. Currently we have a wage bill that for some reason is not being paid, we are under a transfer embargo, in the bottom three and although it may be less than it was a couple of years ago, the owner has decided that he can no longer, or doesn't want to, fund this going forward. 

As per your question regarding the stadium, but irrelevant isn't it as we not longer own it, that's the point.

I'll ask again as you didn't quite answer, what is worth more, a club owning an 70 million pound ground or one leasing a 70 million pound ground ?

Probably should have been clearer, manageable was in regards to FFP and of course that is under the assumption that the new owners are willing to finance us up to FFP limits.

Is it better to own something or not own it is an obvious answer, in the context of our football club with a lease in place (which MM assures was drawn up massively in favour of the Tenant), then other than the rent charge, I see very little difference.

45 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Reasonably obvious for what, you said that you are confident that the wage bill is down to a much more manageable level once the crowds are back in. If you are comparing it to where we were a few years ago, then I'm sure it is. However we were talking about what shape the club is in now, I'm going to take a wild guess that you have not got any idea if the salary is manageable or not. 

As for not owning the ground, sorry once again not having it. No way do the benefits of where we are now outweigh us owning it. Landlord I presume could sell it the highest bidder if he wanted to for example ?

I would concur that attendances will be much lower in the next few years - 20,000 will be a high attendance at pride park which would be entirely down the covid 

49 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If you want to elaborate on why you think it would be a bad idea please do so, but judging by your rather weak response of "good luck"  i suspect you've never actually had a job in the real world.

Well, since you all so nicely. I retired last year at 47 after 23 years at the same global financial services company. At times it was tough, some days I hated the company but you have to deal with that, it's life, it's business. There were turbulent times post 9/11 and in 2008 and yes sometimes payroll was late! When I decided that I was done with that life, there was enough goodwill there to negotiate a severance agreement. That's why I think flouncing is a bad idea. Elaborate enough for you?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably should have been clearer, manageable was in regards to FFP and of course that is under the assumption that the new owners are willing to finance us up to FFP limits.

Is it better to own something or not own it is an obvious answer, in the context of our football club with a lease in place (which MM assures was drawn up massively in favour of the Tenant), then other than the rent charge, I see very little difference.

I think we are possibly going around in circles. Im still of the opinion that, we are today is in a worse situation than at any time during GSE reign, which was the original post that we started debating.

I don't necessary agree it's the worst in 30 years and I would also say once the takeover is completed, all changes once again.  I can only hope that this sale is for the best of the club. Dangle 60m in front of me on top of several million outlay per month that will disappear and I think my reservations about the new prospective owners would be dwindling along with any long term worries I had about the club.

38 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

All Happening this week, possibly wednesday. Players paid, Rooney permanent manager, takeover done. The lot. Pffft just like that.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/significant-update-provided-on-potential-Derby-county-takeover/

I'll feel bereft. What will we have complain about then? I guess that the new owners haven't parted with a zillion pounds and made us the new Man City. 

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'll feel bereft. What will we have complain about then? I guess that the new owners haven't parted with a zillion pounds and made us the new Man City. 

If their ability to pay things on time and get deals over the line is as shoddy as it has looked so far, don't worry, there'll be plenty to complain about.

Archived