Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

There is an element of truth in this definitely... 

But.. If they have the kind of money that means they have big aspirations for Promotion etc, I don't think messing about for months, annoying prospective employees by 'not' paying them, being late into the transfer window, giving out vibes of not being straight dealerss etc seems a strange way to start. 

Have they been messing about though really?, With all the loans on the club, the stadium and surrounding land all being in different hands, I would have thought it was always going to take a while. Until the club is sold, for me it's Mels responsibility to make sure the players/staff are paid not them.

Hopefully it's all sorted this week then onwards and upwards.

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Have they been messing about though really?, With all the loans on the club, the stadium and surrounding land all being in different hands, I would have thought it was always going to take a while. Until the club is sold, for me it's Mels responsibility to make sure the players/staff are paid not them.

Hopefully it's all sorted this week then onwards and upwards.

Honestly... No idea. Agreed. 

That's the perception that for various reasons lots of people would come to. As I said before, hopefully they communicate with fans quickly, get a striker and things start to look much more rosey. 

8 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

£500k high court judgment for lawyers bills.

Derby players unpaid as at 11 Jan 21 despite a commitment by Derventio that they would be paid end of Dec.

We've decided to reduce our offer Mr Morris.  Please find enclosed a piece of old lint, a used hanky and a slightly sticky Wine gum we found in an old coat. You should receive this by Easter.

Have no confidence this take over exist nor that if it did anything would improve for club or supporters. Wake up just look at the evidence or non evidence.

No money forth coming,dispite  being told it was immenent.

Previously told completion imenent  weeks ago.

No updates by club.

No press release by new owner?

Confusion over who is buying us, is it a consortium? Just the shiek ?

Wages not being paid ?? What's that all about???

Anyone realistically think this take over is going anywhere is delusional. This is is not how you conduct business especially one which relies so much upon a fan base and good public relations.

Close the thread.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We've decided to reduce our offer Mr Morris.  Please find enclosed a piece of old lint, a used hanky and a slightly sticky Wine gum we found in an old coat. You should receive this by Easter.

In the meantime, could you please ask Mrs Ince to draw up a list of transfer targets.

37 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

They could be. But the evidence does not seem to support that idea.

In my experience, some of the worst payers are some of the most wealthy. It's like a power game to them, no joke, I've seen it too many times.

That said, this may or may not be the case here?

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I know one of the guys that has set it up, he reached out to the Rams Trust the other day and has had no response so has set this up. 

Think you are being rather harsh @BaaLocks as he isn't any of those. Just a fan that has seen local media saying that fans should ask questions themselves, not them. Obviously this was all set in motion before the recent reports. 

image.png.2eb501d82851dd3e89cdf96dec8526ac.png

This is their Twitter blurb, sounds like RamsTrust are just the sort of people they need to be talking to. Any plans to get a seat on the board?

12 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

See above 

My point is, there's little in the recent history to give confidence these guys are loaded, and obvious reasons to doubt it.

That's why I doubt it will be days of plenty after they take over.

I'd say there is a lot of factual evidence that BZG are loaded, and a few non factual internet rumours that suggest otherwise.

How much they are willing to spend on a football club is anyones guess at this point in time.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'd say there is a lot of factual evidence that BZG are loaded, and a few non factual internet rumours that suggest otherwise.

How much they are willing to spend on a football club is anyones guess at this point in time.

Lots.... So very easy for you to post lots of stuff to show their excellent track record in building upon established sports franchises.. 

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I am not a special case.

I’ll be happy when the team is winning games and moving up the table and out of harm’s way.

I’ll be happy when the key people at the club get their act together and give the team the platform it needs to progress.

Outplaying sides is lovely. If we finish 22nd in May, it will be small comfort.

But I wasn’t happy when we got relegated to league1 and ended 8th I think it was in the first season but I was still right behind the team ...in that season we never really seemed to get going but the next season we got promoted and then went from strength to strength ...now I’m not advocating relegation, far from it but we have a new manager and the signs are good for me but for you they obviously aren’t ...you can look at only 4 wins in 22 and think negatively but then we might as well just pack up and head for league1 anyway if we think that we,ll only get 8 wins from 44 

You can quote this post at me later if you want but I think even if we didn’t sign a player we will not go down 

I’ll go further to say we will finish above 17th 

is this based on 4 wins from 22 no...it’s based purely on what I’ve seen in games where we are the dominant side and ok we lost at weds but that was undeserved and think we’d have beaten PNE if not for 10 men 

yes it’s all ifs and buts I get it but I’m much more optimistic based on our dominance in games and the work rate which is much better than the first ten games 

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Lots.... So very easy for you to post lots of stuff to show their excellent track record in building upon established sports franchises.. 

You appear to have put a lot of words into my mouth there.

I said there is a lot of factual evidence that the BZG are loaded.

Did not mention "their excellent track record in building upon established sports franchises.."

Archived