Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think we are going down. I’ll be stunned at any other outcome.

A new manager in his first managerial job with results and luck starting to go against him, a new owner coming in under a cloud of uncertainty and with less than three weeks remaining of the transfer window to get things organised, and a group of players looking very short of goals and creativity and with very fragile confidence.

It doesn’t look good, you have to say.

.... and with a pessimistic fan base.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A new manager in his first managerial job with results and luck starting to go against him, a new owner coming in under a cloud of uncertainty and with less than three weeks remaining of the transfer window to get things organised, and a group of players looking very short of goals and creativity and with very fragile confidence.

Wouldn’t say fragile confidence, looked extremely confident in the last two games we dominated.....

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Not a chance, a new manager that has already improved the team, new owners with millions to spend and a group of players that are growing with confidence each game.

Looks fine, I have to say.

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Not a chance, a new manager that has already improved the team, new owners with millions to spend and a group of players that are growing with confidence each game.

Not sure we will have millions to spend...

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

.... and with a pessimistic fan base.

I think we have had the optimism sucked out of us by one farcical development after another at the club.

Times are tough but as a club we do make it that much harder for ourselves.

When you are heading into the second half of the season and at such a pivotal juncture, you need everyone at the club on the same page and for there to be some semblance of confidence where the manager, the owners, the players and the strategic planning of the club is concerned.

It’s almost half way through January, I am seeing little cause for confidence and optimism. But OK we’re pessimistic...

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wouldn’t say fragile confidence, looked extremely confident in the last two games we dominated.....

We’ve lost two out of the last three in the league.

Then of course there’s controversy over the players not being paid on time.

Could the combination of the two affect team spirit and confidence?

I think we all need a big win on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

We’re still in the bottom three. It would only take a few poor results to change the feel good factor around Rooney, especially if they come against our relegation rivals Rotherham and QPR.

We know nothing about the new owners and their wealth, their nous and their intentions for the club.

Again, could the players’ confidence have taken a hit by recent results and recent events regarding their lack of remuneration?

It’s all a bit gloomy. We really could do with a massive win on Saturday to settle everyone down.

21 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Not sure this is the case......even discounting for FFP

33 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Yet in his 10 games in charge so far is getting the required PPG to comfortably survive. 

Actually starting to look much better and we have a very good chance of surviving, takeover or no takeover

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We’re still in the bottom three. It would only take a few poor results to change the feel good factor around Rooney, especially if they come against our relegation rivals Rotherham and QPR.

We know nothing about the new owners and their wealth, their nous and their intentions for the club.

Again, could the players’ confidence have taken a hit by recent results and recent events regarding their lack of remuneration?

It’s all a bit gloomy. We really could do with a massive win on Saturday to settle everyone down.

I'm settled, I dont have any worry whatsoever we will go down. Gloomy, definitely not, it's football, regardless of which division we are in, in terms of what is going on in the world today, for me it's far from that.

Massive win on Saturday, really ? Why a massive win unless you are talking in terms of the magnitude of the game ? 

Stop looking from a pessimist point of view, it will be a lot better for you, if in a few months we are in the same position, then maybe you can apply the gloomy outlook if you wish. As it is, with Rooney at the helm it's a shame there aren't a few more games, reckon playoffs would have been there for taking ?

39 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Not trying to pick an argument, but I swear I've never seen a positive comment from you on here? 

Must be a miserable life supporting Derby... 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yet in his 10 games in charge so far is getting the required PPG to comfortably survive. 

Actually starting to look much better and we have a very good chance of surviving, takeover or no takeover

I would have agreed with you after the Birmingham game. We were building a nice head of steam.

But you have to wonder how damaging for morale, team spirit and confidence recent events have been.

Losing a big match against a relegation rival, the uncertainty of the takeover, players not being paid on time, players and staff being wiped out by COVID.

Once again it feels like we are at a tipping point.

If we come out on Saturday and do the business versus Rotherham, I think that will put a lot of minds at rest.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I've just seen the full article on Twitter and it does actually say that we are still waiting for the funds to arrive, however the club have been assured that the fund have been sent.

The Club and Mel must have a hell of a lot of faith and trust in the new owners if they are going to keep feeding this information to Percy. If it doesn't go through, it's not the Sheikh who will receive the criticism or tarnished-reputation, he'll just be forgotten about. Mel will unfortunately be the one who bears the brunt, so he's either absolutely convinced it will happen, or he's taking a huge, huge risk in trusting that it does.

I learnt years ago not to repeat someone else’s promises because they become yours with no way of delivering against them

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

I would have agreed with you after the Birmingham game. We were building a nice head of steam.

But you have to wonder how damaging for morale, team spirit and confidence recent events have been.

Losing a big match against a relegation rival, the uncertainty of the takeover, players not being paid on time, players and staff being wiped out by COVID.

Once again it feels like we are at a tipping point.

If we come out on Saturday and do the business versus Rotherham, I think that will put a lot of minds at rest.

This is the problem with just looking at results in isolation. The Sheffield Wednesday performance IMO was better than Birmingham. We battered them for 60 mins, we still had chances to level after they scored. Still don’t know how we lost the game, sometimes you have to say bad luck. Play like that, and like we’ve done for the majority of the games under Rooney we will survive comfortably. 

It wasnt like the nearly performances under Cocu, we actually created chances to miss and looked solid at the back.

COVID, can’t do anything about that and who knows how it will impact the squad, let’s hope it isn’t too bad. 

The only risk we can do something about is the squad, Yes we need clarity upstairs to sort this, but we don’t need much. A couple of loans, or a couple of bargain free transfers. We need CB cover for Davies’ being out, and we need back up for Kazim or someone to share the load. This can be sorted out takeover or no takeover and we will have enough to survive. But we just need to know which one it is and hopefully that clarity will arrive next week. 

11 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not trying to pick an argument, but I swear I've never seen a positive comment from you on here? 

Must be a miserable life supporting Derby... 

Well, perception is everything.

If you are happy being in the bottom three of the Championship and having won only four games in 25 in all competitions and the club being run so poorly, then credit to you.

Archived