Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We are all hoping we’ll be OK. But the signs don’t look good at the moment.

Granted if we beat Rotherham and QPR in the next two weeks, I think people will start to relax.

Like you have alluded to, it’s very much in the balance and this is no time to get complacent or too comfortable.

If we are still in this division come the summer, I don’t think a promotion challenge next season is realistic.

I think we will need at least 12-18 months for the club to digest all of the changes at the club and be in a position to prosper in this division.

I think the optimism comes from us playing so well. We are easily dominating teams including those far higher up like Stoke and Swansea. I believe we would have beaten Preston fairly easily without Waggy's stupid sending off and we should have been 3-0 up at half time vs Wednesday.

My only regret is that we are not allowed to be there at the games, the atmosphere would be electric watching how Rooney has set the team up.

14 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think the optimism comes from us playing so well. We are easily dominating teams including those far higher up like Stoke and Swansea. I believe we would have beaten Preston fairly easily without Waggy's stupid sending off and we should have been 3-0 up at half time vs Wednesday.

My only regret is that we are not allowed to be there at the games, the atmosphere would be electric watching how Rooney has set the team up.

I think the concern comes from us not making those improved performances count. Yes, we’ve had the better of Swansea, Stoke, Sheff Wed amongst others, but if we are not getting the results to match, then questions will always be asked.

Performance levels will fluctuate over the course of the next 24 games, so if we are going to stand a chance of survival, we really need to convert performances of any note into results. We haven’t done that in at least five games under Rooney, which is a worrying trend as playing well but contriving to lose or throw away points is the hallmark of many relegated sides.

Edited by Jourdan

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think the concern comes from us not making those improved performances count. Yes, we’ve had the better of Swansea, Stoke, Sheff Wed amongst others, but if we are not getting the results to match, then questions will always be asked.

Performance levels will fluctuate over the course of the next 24 games, so if we are going to stand a chance of survival, we really need to convert performances of any note into results. We haven’t done that in at least five games under Rooney, which is a worrying trend as playing well but contriving to lose or throw away points is the hallmark of many relegated sides.

Its coming, the way we are playing is creating chances, we only need a tiny bit of luck to go our way (Birmingham) and we'll be flying.

We will win 3 or 4 on the bounce and shoot up the table, we have no one to fear in this division.

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its coming, the way we are playing is creating chances, we only need a tiny bit of luck to go our way (Birmingham) and we'll be flying.

We will win 3 or 4 on the bounce and shoot up the table, we have no one to fear in this division.

You’re quite right in saying there is no-one to fear but that works both ways. Teams will see us on their fixture list and fancy their chances too. We have won just 3 in 11 post-Cocu after all. Hardly a run to make you tremble, is it?

Take Rotherham, as an example. They’ll be buoyed from taking Everton into deep waters in the FA Cup. Approach our game in the same way and they will feel that they can cause problems for us too.

We’ll win 3-4 on the bounce? I’d love to see it, but remember we have only won 4 games all season. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think we are going down. I’ll be stunned at any other outcome.

A new manager in his first managerial job with results and luck starting to go against him, a new owner coming in under a cloud of uncertainty and with less than three weeks remaining of the transfer window to get things organised, and a group of players looking very short of goals and creativity and with very fragile confidence.

It doesn’t look good, you have to say.

That’s the spirit !!

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Quite a crystal ball you’ve got there but can’t help noticing it’s half empty

That's got to be the prize for the worst mixed metaphor I've read over the weekend. 

If a crystal ball is half empty does it mean that it only holds half of its prediction properties or is it not a linear relationship?

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Jourdan is getting a lot of stick for his stance and I can understand the import of what he's saying - could have and would haves don't put points on the board.

Would we have beaten Preston easily if Waghorn hadn't been sent off? No one knows. What we do know is that we got nul points in a home game.

Should we have been 3-0 up against Wednesday at half time, what we do know is that we lost that game again against a relegation rival.

So counting the points we should have accumulated at the end of the season will count for nowt and we are fast running out of games. 

13 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think we are going down. I’ll be stunned at any other outcome.

Odds of 17/5 available at the bookies on us going down. If you are that sure we are going down, I'm sure you will be hitting the bookies pretty heavy at them odds?

It’s almost half way through January, I am seeing little cause for confidence and optimism. But OK we’re pessimistic...

Have you not been watching the recent matches?

We’re still in the bottom three. It would only take a few poor results to change the feel good factor around Rooney, especially if they come against our relegation rivals Rotherham and QPR.

We know nothing about the new owners and their wealth, their nous and their intentions for the club.

Again, could the players’ confidence have taken a hit by recent results and recent events regarding their lack of remuneration?

It’s all a bit gloomy. We really could do with a massive win on Saturday to settle everyone down.

And it would only take one win to pull us out of the bottom 3.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I really think you should consider a new hobby because following Derby seems to be nothing but a completely miserable experience for you and it really cannot be good for your mental health.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Odds of 17/5 available at the bookies on us going down. If you are that sure we are going down, I'm sure you will be hitting the bookies pretty heavy at them odds?

Have you not been watching the recent matches?

And it would only take one win to pull us out of the bottom 3.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I really think you should consider a new hobby because following Derby seems to be nothing but a completely miserable experience for you and it really cannot be good for your mental health.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. After 9 years, 232 day 14 hours and 6 minutes, we've actually found something we agree on. 

What a time to be alive! 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You can't blame people really. We've been hearing the same thing since November. 

You're right. From the club you’ve been hearing the same clear consistent message since November.  It’s still on. 

hang on, you were listening to one chop instead ... ?

Edited by kevinhectoring

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Want some help with a new user name?

Some general suggestions for anyone:

Thierry Ennui

Marshall Gathers
RamishRamByrneNathan
Andrew Wisdom
Craig Foresight
Shiny Graham
Be Like Krystian
Waxnduayne