Abu Derby County

tinman

15 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

A day or so maybe, I would go in, but these players have not been paid for weeks now.

In that case, I certainly would not be going in to work until I'd been paid

Weeks? 

Making some reasonable assumptions and based on what we’ve seen on this forum (dangerous thing to do I know). The players were communicated to on the 31st December regarding the delay in their December pay. Now obviously I don’t know what day of the month they get paid (I assume they get paid monthly otherwise surely the story would have kicked off earlier in December) but, given the timing of the email, I would suspect they get paid at the end or very near the end of the month. So, if it’s still overdue, it’s two weeks.

It’s not great I admit but to suggest it’s even worse by describing it as “weeks” seems a bit over the top.

I know technically, two weeks is “weeks” but I don’t think that was your implication.

Happy to retract all of this if indeed it has been overdue for several weeks.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Weeks? 

Making some reasonable assumptions and based on what we’ve seen on this forum (dangerous thing to do I know). The players were communicated to on the 31st December regarding the delay in their December pay. Now obviously I don’t know what day of the month they get paid (I assume they get paid monthly otherwise surely the story would have kicked off earlier in December) but, given the timing of the email, I would suspect they get paid at the end or very near the end of the month. So, if it’s still overdue, it’s two weeks.

It’s not great I admit but to suggest it’s even worse by describing it as “weeks” seems a bit over the top.

I know technically, two weeks is “weeks” but I don’t think that was your implication.

Happy to retract all of this if indeed it has been overdue for several weeks.

Actually when I said weeks I was referring to being into a second week, as a minimum.  I could actually be 3 weeks I don't know, that's why I left it as "weeks".  Certainly more than one, but maybe less than 3 weeks?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I fear for your need for something more concrete. Mel clearly has been unable to cement the deal and overly relied on investors who apparently only have access to sand in abundance. Some or all of this statement may be without foundation.

But unless he comes out and says that and confirms the takeover is off, I’m not going to speculate that it is.

Likewise I’m also not going to speculate that Mel has no money left and if this takeover doesn’t happen then we will go into administration and we will face a similar fate to Wigan. Sounds melodramatic but some people are leaping to such conclusions.

Until Mel says something we don’t know. I agree with people requesting answers and commenting in a considered way, just not the baseless hysteria I’ve seen on Twitter and much of this thread, not helped by Wollaton Red Dog when he was allowed to post and I wonder if there are anymore who have infiltrated us.

FWIW, if the takeover doesn’t happen I don’t think it will be a bad thing. If we can get a loan signing as back up to Kazim we will have more than enough to survive, I personally think we have enough now and there are three worst teams. We will also continue to follow the strategy to build for the future through the academy that will make us sustainable and successful in the long term.  

Hopefully the players won’t have lasting effects of COVID and we can field a strong team against Rotherham and build on the excellent performances of Rooney’s tenure and continue the pick up the points per game that will see us clear of trouble. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nope Ive never said that have I?

I said the reaction of 'this is the worst state we've been in for 30 years' is the sort of thing we hear quite regularly in the cycle of this football club.

I wonder if this is the worst ever season for people saying this is the worst ever such and such?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Avoiding relegation yes. 

The situation we were in at the time, no.

But then look at what happened the following season 

My memory is not so good these days so I don't know the answer, but was the club as a whole as bad as it appears today ?

I also caveat, as bad as it appears today,   solely, it may be that we are entering the best period for years, but then it could be we aren't, I think that's the problem, too many unknowns. Nobody really knows why is going on at the club.

4 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

My memory is not so good these days so I don't know the answer, but was the club as a whole as bad as it appears today ?

I also caveat, as bad as it appears today,   solely, it may be that we are entering the best period for years, but then it could be we aren't, I think that's the problem, too many unknowns. Nobody really knows why is going on at the club.

Burley took us to the play offs on a shoestring budget.

Would say we have a much better squad now then we scraped survival back then.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Burley took us to the play offs on a shoestring budget.

Would say we have a much better squad now then we scraped survival back then.

It's not just on the field though is it, we may have a better squad but we also have a far bigger wage budget.

Academy is better no doubt, but where are we against FFP, what does not owning the ground really mean to us, charge hanging over us, players not being paid.

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

A day or so maybe, I would go in, but these players have not been paid for weeks now.

In that case, I certainly would not be going in to work until I'd been paid

Judging by your username, this probably wouldn't relevant to you but if I was talking to someone just embarking on their employment life, I'd tell them that there will plenty of bumps in the road, it's likely your employer will do things the really pee you off. Things will sometimes seem unfair and unjust but these are things you'll have to deal with. Your career is essentially a competition and the winners will be the people who handle these things the best. Flouncing is just not a good career move.

4 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Judging by your username, this probably wouldn't relevant to you but if I was talking to someone just embarking on their employment life, I'd tell them that there will plenty of bumps in the road, it's likely your employer will do things the really pee you off. Things will sometimes seem unfair and unjust but these are things you'll have to deal with. Your career is essentially a competition and the winners will be the people who handle these things the best. Flouncing is just not a good career move.

Sounds like NLN speaking to Giles Barnes.?

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

It's not just on the field though is it, we may have a better squad but we also have a far bigger wage budget.

Academy is better no doubt, but where are we against FFP, what does not owning the ground really mean to us, charge hanging over us, players not being paid.

I'm quite confident that the wage bill is down at much more manageable level once crowds are allowed back in grounds. 

Not owning the ground means very little other than the annual rent payable, if anything it could work in our favour if the Landlord has to pick up the tab for certain expenses.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm quite confident that the wage bill is down at much more manageable level once crowds are allowed back in grounds. 

Not owning the ground means very little other than the annual rent payable, if anything it could work in our favour if the Landlord has to pick up the tab for certain expenses.

Confident based on what may I ask ? Have you any evidence of this ?

So you are saying that there is no difference between the club owning and not owning their ground ? I think you are an accountant are you so I take your word for it, a business is worth exactly the same then owning a 70m building as one that rents one, I never knew that would be the case. 

Archived