Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, archram said:

It would be good to have some comment from BZG that all is on track. At the moment all we are getting is the club relaying to the press what they have been told. 

Understand what you're saying, but last time Midhat was quite vocal with the Newcastle fans during their talks. Perhaps they've learned their lesson and are remaining quiet until it's completely done. 

10 hours ago, Gritty said:

This is a fair take imo. He did have good intentions and the academy is a real achievement. 

However, can we afford to remain at category 1 (coaches to player ratio etc. It's not just facilities) which costs us £3mn a year? If we go to cat 2 because new owner won't fund, we'll get the existing players plundered. And one assumes new ones less likely to be as good if coaching downgraded.

Nothing to say this WILL happen.  But it's a risk. 

Mel has made many mistakes (well intentioned even if I disagree with his decisions he made). But the academy needs to endure. I really hope we get a new owner who will fund it

Cheers mate.

Yeah I thought about this but I would hope that the ownership coming in is wealthy enough to maintain that investment and that Mel has stressed how well spent that money is.

If you can spend that amount of money on the academy but still sell one or even two of the academy players each year, you’ll hopefully have tripled/quadrupled the original investment. It just makes sense and Mel’s already got the ducks in a row.

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So those that have been demanding an update have now got an update. What’s their reaction - oh I believe when I see it!! ??

Can’t win!!

The point was as you well know was that it should have never come to this.

And as the update is basically wait and see which is where we were before it's not much of an update at all. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The point was as you well know was that it should have never come to this.

And as the update is basically wait and see which is where we were before it's not much of an update at all. 

Well it’s not going to be done on a Sunday and the athletic article and Percy put some pressure on. Not to mention the fans bed wetting which has now reached epic proportions. What were people expecting? Could have said it was off. 

13 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So those that have been demanding an update have now got an update. What’s their reaction - oh I believe when I see it!! ??

Can’t win!!

Exactly this. Admittedly the finance aspects are slightly concerning but anyone who has taken part in the purchase of a business will know how hard it is. They are veiled in secrecy. CDA's and legal pitfalls.

If the players were concerned about the lack of funds the PFA would be all over it.  The Chief executive doing everything he can to justify his £2m per year salary.  So you have to assume that the players have been told the finances will be covered in the new deal and in the event that doesn't happen they will be paid immediately by the club as it stands.

If it wasn't for the press publishing things the majority of us would know nothing about the deal until it has happened and been done and there wouldn't be any of these worries. 

People need to chill a little. There are bigger things going on in the world than whether we are owned by a Dubai corporation or a UK based multi millionaire. 

People used to say something along the lines of 'today's news...tomorrow's chip paper'. Very apt.

4 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Excitedly opened the update headline....big sigh. Same news. Imminent.  Yawn yawn.  Clearly the concept of faster payments doesn't exist and payment is being made with a chest of gold sent by stagecoach, pulled by a 3 legged horse. 

I think there is a huge difference between paypaling your mate £20 for your share of the curry and the transfer of £60m. Not least elements such as currency.  Take this into consideration...UK was about to go through Brexit on New Year's eve and go into lockdown.  That in itself could cause a currency crash. This is not a sterling to sterling transaction  and the transfer of funds in itself could end up costing hundreds of thousands different based on when the transfer takes places and currency is bought. These are all things fans don't seem to consider when looking at monetary transfer of this scale. These people make money...you don't make money by being wasteful. A 1% difference in this transfer is 600k....600k...! Let that sink in

I think we are going down. I’ll be stunned at any other outcome.

A new manager in his first managerial job with results and luck starting to go against him, a new owner coming in under a cloud of uncertainty and with less than three weeks remaining of the transfer window to get things organised, and a group of players looking very short of goals and creativity and with very fragile confidence.

It doesn’t look good, you have to say.

Archived