Abu Derby County

tinman

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

You’re quite right in saying there is no-one to fear but that works both ways. Teams will see us on their fixture list and fancy their chances too. We have won just 3 in 11 post-Cocu after all. Hardly a run to make you tremble, is it?

Take Rotherham, as an example. They’ll be buoyed from taking Everton into deep waters in the FA Cup. Approach our game in the same way and they will feel that they can cause problems for us too.

We’ll win 3-4 on the bounce? I’d love to see it, but remember we have only won 4 games all season. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Only 2 defeats in 9 games with Rooney managing, conceding only 5. 1 of those defeats was when we had 10 men for most of the game and only conceded in the 96th minute of 5 added on. The other was a narrow 1-0 defeat where we looked the better side for most of the match and hit the woodwork. Even in the games we drew, we looked the better side. I don't think many sides in this league will think we're as much of a pushover as you're making out. 

The performances suggest we're a subtle tweak away from being a very good side in this division. One signing can make a massive difference in us gaining more points.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only 2 defeats in 9 games with Rooney managing, conceding only 5. 1 of those defeats was when we had 10 men for most of the game and only conceded in the 96th minute of 5 added on. The other was a narrow 1-0 defeat where we looked the better side for most of the match and hit the woodwork. Even in the games we drew, we looked the better side. I don't think many sides in this league will think we're as much of a pushover as you're making out. 

The performances suggest we're a subtle tweak away from being a very good side in this division. One signing can make a massive difference in us gaining more points.

I think if we can get a good cf in, in Jan we'll be fine. When we get took over the proper investment won't happen till the summer imo.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Odds of 17/5 available at the bookies on us going down. If you are that sure we are going down, I'm sure you will be hitting the bookies pretty heavy at them odds?

Have you not been watching the recent matches?

And it would only take one win to pull us out of the bottom 3.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I really think you should consider a new hobby because following Derby seems to be nothing but a completely miserable experience for you and it really cannot be good for your mental health.

Why would I bet on my own team getting relegated? How perverse is that?

We've had some good performances recently - which almost everyone has acknowledged - but we still haven’t picked up enough points to find ourselves out of the bottom three.

There is no guarantee performances will continue along those lines. If this is our good spell and we have only picked up less than half of the points available, doesn’t that concern you for when we start to have off days or perform poorly?

You’re right that it would only take one win to see us out of the bottom three, but we’re also dependent on what the teams around us do and in fact we’d already be high and dry if we could consistently put away the teams around us like Wycombe, Coventry, Sheff Wed.

Exactly, they are just opinions. Just like yours that prominently feature on the coronavirus and political threads giving Albert a headache.

There’s a place for everyone here. Please remember that.

37 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s like this with every manager that comes and goes. If you’re not on the bandwagon, you’re down in the mud. 

Stick to your guns, mate. Your posts are well balanced and equally well written. Worst thing that could happen to this forum would be for it to become an echo-chamber. 

39 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We've had some good performances recently - which almost everyone has acknowledged - but we still haven’t picked up enough points to find ourselves out of the bottom three.

There is no guarantee performances will continue along those lines. If this is our good spell and we have only picked up less than half of the points available, doesn’t that concern you for when we start to have off days or perform poorly?

You’re right that it would only take one win to see us out of the bottom three, but we’re also dependent on what the teams around us do and in fact we’d already be high and dry if we could consistently put away the teams around us like Wycombe, Coventry, Sheff Wed.

Exactly, they are just opinions. Just like yours that prominently feature on the coronavirus and political threads giving Albert a headache.

So you wouldn't want to win money on something that you're sure is going to happen? That is much more perverse than betting against your own team.

Lets wait until we have played our games(s) in hand before deciding if we have enougu points to get out of the bottom 3?

Don't remember saying you can't have an opinion, FWIW I do always read your posts in full as they are usually wel thought out and not knee jerk reaction, toys out of the pram type posts. JUst like others have said, pretty much everything you say is negative and must be very mentally draining if something you are supposed to enjoy makes you feel like that. 

40 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I get what you're saying - you may be slightly more cautious than some of the outlooks on here, but as none of us are blessed with perfect foresight your view has as much validity as mine for sure.

I predicted on one of the other threads that we'd finish (assuming season completes) 17-18th, but we would not be breathing easily until very near the end.

You've spoken perfectly reasonably in my view that one or two knocks/niggles/suspensions in key areas and we are quite exposed. As we are to loss of form - we have shown recently that we can play well but not keep the pace going for the entire match and that our subs are not positively influencing things. Therefore, if we don't get goals in our brief "purple patches" we are exposed and we are still fallible.

Keep going feller - I know from some reactions I've had down the years to my views on other threads that it can feel a lonely place sometimes

6 hours ago, one_chop said:

Come Friday it still won't be done. 

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Keep banging that drum.

5 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You can't blame people really. We've been hearing the same thing since November. 

Haven't we just!

... And yet, here we are weeks later, and still the naysayer's are hanging on by their finger nails!  

Still... at least it now seems they will all be on here soon, admitting they were wrong all along, and apologising for being so bloody miserable!  

??

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where did I say we would be viewed as a pushover?

I was merely suggesting that if we have no-one to fear, then the same applies to us from everyone else’s point of view. We shouldn’t fear them and they shouldn’t fear us. We are 22nd and have lost 11 in 22 after all.

The majority of games under Rooney have been decided by fine margins. On the one hand, you could say it’s good as it shows we are being competitive and not letting games get away from us. But on the other hand, it’s a worry because it won’t take much for us to fall on the wrong side of those margins as evidenced versus Preston and Sheff Wed.

I’d hate for us to be trotting out the same lines on Saturday - ‘So unlucky to lose that game. We played well. We could have been 4-0 up at half time. If, but, if, but....’

23 other clubs could say exactly the same, couldn’t they? One signing, one small tweak and we’re on our way. But until the club actually deliver that, we can only judge what’s in front of us and right now, it’s in the balance. It could go either way.

A big win on Saturday and I think it would do wonders for the club.

Keep seeing the phrase 'bed-wetter' or similar thrown about. 

The only bed-wetting I can see are from those who don't seem to be able to cope with well-written, thoughtful posts from someone who doesn't see the position we are in as positively as others.

Doesn't mean he gets no joy from Derby either. Strange responses.

I think some of the criticism of posters is well over the top, although there is also an element of less considered 'repetitive' chirping about closing the thread which is equally tiring. 

The takeover is massive - Mel coming in signalled some free spending and a big push for promotion. We now are linked with a very unknowable entity who so far many would feel haven't really given great signals - unfair or not. 

Its dragged on a while and I would just like to move on ASAP. They have some bridges to rebuild but that will happen very quickly if they communicate with fans, sign a striker and results start to turn. 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Odds of 17/5 available at the bookies on us going down. If you are that sure we are going down, I'm sure you will be hitting the bookies pretty heavy at them odds?

Have you not been watching the recent matches?

And it would only take one win to pull us out of the bottom 3.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I really think you should consider a new hobby because following Derby seems to be nothing but a completely miserable experience for you and it really cannot be good for your mental health.

I said this a while ago and got slated for it but you’re right ...probably a lovely guy is Jourdan but he certainly is never happy ....I can’t understand how as a fan you can’t be optimistic with our team especially if we add a couple of players ...because we are outplaying sides now ...

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Where did I say we would be viewed as a pushover?

I was merely suggesting that if we have no-one to fear, then the same applies to us from everyone else’s point of view. We shouldn’t fear them and they shouldn’t fear us. We are 22nd and have lost 11 in 22 after all.

The majority of games under Rooney have been decided by fine margins. On the one hand, you could say it’s good as it shows we are being competitive and not letting games get away from us. But on the other hand, it’s a worry because it won’t take much for us to fall on the wrong side of those margins as evidenced versus Preston and Sheff Wed.

I’d hate for us to be trotting out the same lines on Saturday - ‘So unlucky to lose that game. We played well. We could have been 4-0 up at half time. If, but, if, but....’

23 other clubs could say exactly the same, couldn’t they? One signing, one small tweak and we’re on our way. But until the club actually deliver that, we can only judge what’s in front of us and right now, it’s in the balance. It could go either way.

A big win on Saturday and I think it would do wonders for the club.

I don’t think anyone would relish playing us mate because we are capable of beating anyone ..the game against Swansea and Brum and first 60 mins against Weds says we are not an easy game 

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Haven't we just!

... And yet, here we are weeks later, and still the naysayer's are hanging on by their finger nails!  

Still... at least it now seems they will all be on here soon, admitting they were wrong all along, and apologising for being so bloody miserable!  

??

Even if the takeover goes through I will still be a naysayer about BZG. It seems pretty obvious that if they do complete the purchase they will be doing so with some difficulty having scraped together the cash from various parties. Does anyone think there will be abundant funds once they have taken over?

We will be moving from an owner with plenty of cash who was prepared to put his hands into his pockets for the sake of the club, to owners who can't come up with cash on time.

Nay, nay, nay, I say!

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I can’t understand how as a fan you can’t be optimistic with our team especially if we add a couple of players ...because we are outplaying sides now ...

Because some think (rightly or wrongly) that the improvement in performances is wildly overstated and others still don't think Rooney is the right man for the job, or should be in the job in the first place.

On the one hand you could say we're better now than we were a month or so ago. On the other hand, you could say that we are still in the relegation zone and haven't beat any of the teams around us.

On the one hand you could say we're a couple of players away from being a decent side. On the other hand...what team isn't? You have to have the funds available to make that a reality. We are currently in a transfer embargo. Again. 

I don't know if it's just the age we're living in as it stands, but there seems to be a lot less patience and consideration for people that don't agree with another's point of view on here anymore. It's just a bit tribal now. "You either agree with me or you're an idiot." This doesn't apply to everyone, obviously. But it seems worse on here now that in used to be. 

Archived