Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John must have had some solid assurances from the club that it was 100% happening this coming week. I can imagine him being rather hesitant to report any further updates from the club given how so far nothings been proven correct and I’m pretty sure he’d ask for some solid guarantees before printing anything. 

42 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Confident based on what may I ask ? Have you any evidence of this ?

So you are saying that there is no difference between the club owning and not owning their ground ? I think you are an accountant are you so I take your word for it, a business is worth exactly the same then owning a 70m building as one that rents one, I never knew that would be the case. 

Last accounts were June 2018, even without accurate figures to hand, I think its reasonably obvious that we have offloaded some very high earners since then and replaced them with cheaper alternatives. 

Of course there is a difference between owning and leasing something but from a financial point of view it isnt going to be huge.

Obviously we no longer have the security of owning our ground but I dont think the Landlord has lots of options of what to do with the ground other than lease it to a football club.

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

So we have Mel's answer. The takeover is fully agreed and he's just waiting for the money. If the money arrives, everything falls into place. If it doesn't, it isn't Mel's fault. 

Let's see what happens. 

At this point it is still MMs responsibility that his employees are paid.

5 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

You genuinely think it's a good idea to 'not turn up on Monday' because your salary was late? Good luck, you're going to need it.

If my salary was almost 2 weeks late then yes i do think it is an excellent idea. The only reason you would turn up is to hand your notice in, but that is perfectly acceptable via email as well. The company still has to pay you for the time worked - they are in breach of contract - not you.

If you want to elaborate on why you think it would be a bad idea please do so, but judging by your rather weak response of "good luck"  i suspect you've never actually had a job in the real world.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Last accounts were June 2018, even without accurate figures to hand, I think its reasonably obvious that we have offloaded some very high earners since then and replaced them with cheaper alternatives. 

Of course there is a difference between owning and leasing something but from a financial point of view it isnt going to be huge.

Obviously we no longer have the security of owning our ground but I dont think the Landlord has lots of options of what to do with the ground other than lease it to a football club.

Reasonably obvious for what, you said that you are confident that the wage bill is down to a much more manageable level once the crowds are back in. If you are comparing it to where we were a few years ago, then I'm sure it is. However we were talking about what shape the club is in now, I'm going to take a wild guess that you have not got any idea if the salary is manageable or not. 

As for not owning the ground, sorry once again not having it. No way do the benefits of where we are now outweigh us owning it. Landlord I presume could sell it the highest bidder if he wanted to for example ?

16 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I hope that if this does go through as described and we are able to enter the transfer market that there’s some humble pie and apology from those who have labelled MM a disgrace, joke etc.

Takeovers take time and involve a high degree of confidentiality. Strict NDAs will have been in force throughout.

I appreciate that in the current slough of despond we have been desperate for good news. Wouldn’t it be marvellous if we can actually bring a few in before the end of the month?

I bid you adieu....

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

Reasonably obvious for what, you said that you are confident that the wage bill is down to a much more manageable level once the crowds are back in. If you are comparing it to where we were a few years ago, then I'm sure it is. However we were talking about what shape the club is in now, I'm going to take a wild guess that you have not got any idea if the salary is manageable or not. 

As for not owning the ground, sorry once again not having it. No way do the benefits of where we are now outweigh us owning it. Landlord I presume could sell it the highest bidder if he wanted to for example ?

Ok, all entitled to our opinion. 

I am confident the wage bill is at least £10m per year lower than it was in 2018, I'm going to take a wild guess that you can't prove me wrong.

The Landlord can see it to whoever he wants, it doesn't change the fact that the club have the security of a lease being in place, for which MM said there were numerous covenants inserted to ensure the security of the club going forward, how true that is I do not know as I have not seen the lease.

Also what would have stopped MM selling to the highest bidder when the ground was owned by The Derby County Football Club Limited?

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

From the article I've seen, Percy is reassuring us that the takeover is going ahead and that we're just waiting for the funds to arrive with the lawyers.

So the exact same situation we were in on New Year's Eve?

Yes mate so nothing changes

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If my salary was almost 2 weeks late then yes i do think it is an excellent idea. The only reason you would turn up is to hand your notice in, but that is perfectly acceptable via email as well. The company still has to pay you for the time worked - they are in breach of contract - not you.

If you want to elaborate on why you think it would be a bad idea please do so, but judging by your rather weak response of "good luck"  i suspect you've never actually had a job in the real world.

Great way to get rid of people without due process or redundancy payoff. 

I’ll believe it when I see it, we’ve heard all this far too many times before. Can’t wait to see what the excuse is when it hasn’t gone through by the end of this week. Another bank holiday perhaps?

In fairness, I really hope this is resolved soon one way or the other. The players not being paid has put the club in a very poor light, and all this uncertainty is really hurting our prospects in the transfer market, which could be a disaster considering all the business we need to do to save ourselves from relegation. It’s time to end that uncertainty, appoint a permanent manager, and get on with things. No matter who the owner is.

"All closing conditions have been clarified"... I haven't been able to read the full article because of the paywall, but does that not suggest that funds have actually been received?

I'd be more surprised if it does actually happen at this point, but surely if Mel or Mel's lawyers are still awaiting the money, then that's quite a big closing condition to hold things up.

Either way, if it does go through it's probably going to take a while for the prospective new owners to win the majority of the fanbase around. There was some concern as the news broke, there's a hell of a lot more after being "imminent" for what seems like forever now.

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have we had any significant write downs in player values though

Archived