Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Putting the ethical concern aside for a moment, should we not be worried about the fact they couldn't prove he actually had any money when trying to buy Newcastle before we all get giddy? 

Bit of a red flag. 

More likely the sheikh just didn’t like dealing with a Bamford (hope the swear filter is working).

Bamfords don’t get much bigger than Mike Ashley

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think we should forget talk of being like Man City. That just makes us look like sad Treetards when Fawaz was buying the club. But I would be very, very happy if we can follow in the footsteps of Leicester and Wolves. Now that is more realistic

I agree with you @Gerry Daly, what we want is stability and continuity, we still have FFP so spend spend spend will not happen, and having a backer with deep pockets doesn't always mean that he will be a Sheik Mansoor or an Abramovich, however I'm sure  money will be made available particularly if/when we make the prem.  what we don't want is the Derby way...boom and bust   

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we are excited can you imagine how the team feels!

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we are excited can you imagine how the team feels!

Just creates uncertainty amongst players and staff, probably have their bags half packed if deal completed.

Archived