Abu Derby County

tinman

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

there is "spending big to win" like when Uncle Lionel was in charge and being owned by a country with criminally bad human rights records that want to change the whole identity of the club.....

As opposed to being owned by an alleged criminal.............................now which club would that be ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

there is "spending big to win" like when Uncle Lionel was in charge and being owned by a country with criminally bad human rights records that want to change the whole identity of the club.....

Exactly. They're literally surrounded by countries plagued with poverty and starvation and have the wealth to help end it at any moment, but instead decide to buy a football team. If you support this football team your actively saying your OK with this.

I appreciate people are sticking to their principles when they say I'd rather watch another club than support an oil rich Derby County... But personally I just don't get that! surely as Derby County fans all we want to see is success, and to go and watch our club week in week out and be happy when they win?

I'm sure if you offered any Manchester City fans the opportunity to go back to their old selves they'd run away from you as fast as possible.

I want my future children grow up wanting a Derby County kit wanting to watch their local side play big clubs in the big leagues, as opposed to them wanting to support Liverpool or Chelsea cause they don't want to watch their side lose to Luton on a dismal Tuesday night.

We all know the future of football is deeply rooted in money and foreign ownership, so personally I'd rather be one of them with big money enjoying it at the top. 

5 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Can I just also say Jourdan....you’ve been posting brilliantly lately. Who’s taken over your profile???

I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts - both the comical and the serious ones. ??????

Just sign a load of players next season, get promoted so EFL can do nothing about it

2 minutes ago, DeMontfortRam said:

I appreciate people are sticking to their principles when they say I'd rather watch another club than support an oil rich Derby County... But personally I just don't get that! surely as Derby County fans all we want to see is success, and to go and watch our club week in week out and be happy when they win?

I'm sure if you offered any Manchester City fans the opportunity to go back to their old selves they'd run away from you as fast as possible.

I want my future children grow up wanting a Derby County kit wanting to watch their local side play big clubs in the big leagues, as opposed to them wanting to support Liverpool or Chelsea cause they don't want to watch their side lose to Luton on a dismal Tuesday night.

We all know the future of football is deeply rooted in money and foreign ownership, so personally I'd rather be one of them with big money enjoying it at the top. 

I think you might find if you asked a decent percentage of Man City fans that they would swap it all to get their club back.

I’m keeping my powder dry on this one and we’ll see what happens. I do love reading the extreme range of opinions from being world beaters in 5 minutes to the moral superiority of never watching the club again if this happens. If you looked at this thread as a temperature gauge of  feelings about the geopolitical tensions of human rights issues,  I’m surprised there aren’t weekly protests outside Ilkeston Co-Op travel as people book there mid winter breaks in the UAE. 
Also how many people are going to keep referring to them as Saudis on this thread only to be corrected? 

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Exactly. They're literally surrounded by countries plagued with poverty and starvation and have the wealth to help end it at any moment, but instead decide to buy a football team. If you support this football team your actively saying your OK with this.

I don't care. At all. 

I could point to the 'fact' in the last few days we voted not to give our own starving children a free lunch  and allowed a desperate family escaping persecution to drown off our shores. 

But that would be a suspect interpretation of facts.. And tbh pure grandstanding because I'm very selfish and want success. 

Just now, Chester40 said:

I don't care. At all. 

I could point to the 'fact' in the last few days we voted not to give our own starving children a free lunch  and allowed a desperate family escaping persecution to drown off our shores. 

But that would be a suspect interpretation of facts.. And tbh pure grandstanding because I'm very selfish and want success. 

I thought it happened near Dunkirk ? Isn’t that in France.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nice choice Mel! 

You're so gullible. Anything to have a pop at Morris eh! 

People also ask

How much is Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan worth?

What is Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan worth? His personal wealth is unclear but his family's wealth is thought to be around £150 billion.26 May 2019

If  nothing else, this thread detracts from the fact Joz is out injured against Bournmouth,the countries being strangled by a pandemic,we've started the season with our pants down, and the wife has just cremated my chicken Kiev beyond recognition.?

7 minutes ago, biellaram said:

Can I just also say Jourdan....you’ve been posting brilliantly lately. Who’s taken over your profile???

I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts - both the comical and the serious ones. ??????

Thank you and enjoy it while it lasts.

’£800 billion in the bank and we can’t beat <insert tiny Championship club here>’ is saved in my Drafts folder.

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

If  nothing else, this thread detracts from the fact Joz is out injured against Bournmouth,the countries being strangled by a pandemic,we've started the season with our pants down, and the wife has just cremated my chicken Kiev beyond recognition.?

that sounds like a bad day you are having...

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Oh dear! It's a humanitarian principle not a political one, much as we'd like to take the credit for it.

Yet more ill-conceived musings I'm afraid.?‍♂️ 

Presumably you penned this whilst enjoying a half in the Nelson Mandela bar at the local poly.

I bow to your superior ethical stance prof

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I think you might find if you asked a decent percentage of Man City fans that they would swap it all to get their club back.

Not sure about that tbh. What doesnt add up for me is if the sheik is so filthy rich why would he buy a championship club ?

it is a well known fact that there are at least hlaf s dozen club in the PL with a for sale sign. They may not be the most attractive ones , Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle for instance but they are in the PL. ah well wait and see

Archived