Abu Derby County

tinman

Like people are saying course they can’t come in and spend fortunes straight away and they won’t but Derby County needs this, Mel has put a lot of money in, probably at the stage he can’t keep putting money in, it’s been clear we need investment and this should be exciting, although we can’t splash the cash we can have new investment too the point that we can financially keep up with clubs in this league to be able to complete for the best players to try get us out of this league, if we can do that then we can open up the wallet a little more and build in the premier league, if we are going to challenge at all in this league this is a good thing for Derby County 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

What’s the point? We cannot spend money and what we need is good decisions and optimising performances of what we have. Wealth is pointless. 

That's not true though. You can spend as much as you want if you are prepared to face the consequences. Or you can tie up the EFL in so much legal red tape that you get promoted before they can dock you points?. Money Talks, like it or not.

3 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

For what it’s worth, and I don’t know if it’s been said already, any outgoing owner takes their FFP with them.

New owners are given a clean slate to start again. 

So, if it doesn't go well after spending £20484m in the transfer market then he could simply pass the ownership over to one of his brothers/cousins and we go again? 

Good. 

?

5 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

For what it’s worth, and I don’t know if it’s been said already, any outgoing owner takes their FFP with them.

I'm not arguing because I don't know one way or another, but where have you got that information from?

I am just trying to imagine Real Madrid away in 2022.

Chants of ‘Where’s the caviar?’ sweeping across Plaza Mayor.

Mel in his signature Gucci bucket hat starting the bounce in the Prado Museum.

Nugent and Bryson drinking Jäger while boating in El Retiro Park.

Waghorn starting at the Bernabeu the new ‘Mason Bennett at Wembley’ moment.

No, thank you. Fleetwood away instead, please.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am just trying to imagine Real Madrid away in 2022.

Chants of ‘Where’s the caviar?’ sweeping across Plaza Mayor.

Mel in his signature Gucci bucket hat starting the bounce in the Prado Museum.

Nugent and Bryson drinking Jäger while boating in El Retiro Park.

Waghorn starting at the Bernabeu the new ‘Mason Bennett at Wembley’ moment.

No, thank you. Fleetwood away instead, please.

Be careful what you wish for. Sarcastic Oh No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Im excited about the takeover whats happened at man city on & off the pitch is excellent. New training ground new houses being built in Eastlands. 

I want to see cristiano Ronaldo on 300k a week in the championship bangingbin 40 goals a season. I have zero problems with them coming in & spending stupidly 

33 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Exactly. How do you think the red dogs suddenly had so much FFP wriggle room under Karanka to blow £13m on Carvalho

3 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

I think we've got to be realistic. I would love us to be successful with an Mel  but let's face it it's very unlikely to happen with the way football is going. Football is a global business and we can't turn the clock back. We need investment and quite honestly if someone is prepared to invest heavily in the club then we ought to welcome it.  It will bring excitement and renewed vigour to our club and hopefully will allow us once again to compete with the likes of Manchester City who were like us not so long ago. 

I would rather stick red hot pokers in my eyes that have been soacked in dog poo for 2 months than end up like Man City...

Archived