Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

You’d hope being related to the Man City owner they might have a better idea of what to do. Wishful thinking maybe. 

Man City really are a fantastic blueprint to how new owners (even with lots of money) should run things. They've invested more than any other team in the academy, enough so they even have their own stadium to play in. They've improved every aspect of the club and turned them into an elite force in their own right. 

When you look at their women's football team - how many years has that been running and they've been instrumental in the growth of the league. As owners, they've been fantastic and if they were to leave the club tomorrow they've already built a sustainable football club that could on their own merit compete at the very top level for a long time. 

Just now, TomBustler1884 said:

I wonder if they would do a Sheikh Mansour and invest into the city as well? God knows it needs it.

They've transformed parts of Manchester.

It wouldn't surprise me.

IMO: These football related purchases/sponsorships from the UAE is basically soft-power washing of their reputation, and a petty annoyance that Qatar and not them are hosting the World Cup in 2022.

Also did I recall that a salary cap in the EFL is on it's way soon or was that my imagination? Would immediately put a stop to paying high wages to top stars.

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Man City really are a fantastic blueprint to how new owners (even with lots of money) should run things. They've invested more than any other team in the academy, enough so they even have their own stadium to play in. They've improved every aspect of the club and turned them into an elite force in their own right. 

When you look at their women's football team - how many years has that been running and they've been instrumental in the growth of the league. As owners, they've been fantastic and if they were to leave the club tomorrow they've already built a sustainable football club that could on their own merit compete at the very top level for a long time. 

Hasnt or didnt Tom Glick have an input in developing Man City at a commercial level?

18 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm 21 and still abit sceptical, I'd give it a chance but wouldn't want us to loose our identity and sell ourselves out to potentially dodgy owners. I'd love to see us build a team that could storm the league but it could also be a Hull situation where they try and change the name and end up screwing the club over. 

With his wealth I shouldn't have thought so but who knows..got to be worth a go though after all we have been through?

(By the way do you keep writing loose instead of lose,just to wind me up?!!!!)

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hasnt or didnt Tom Glick have an input in developing Man City at a commercial level?

Not anymore, he has since joined up with the new owner of the Carolina Panthers and is quite influential there (I'm led to believe).