Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Topram said:

And is he cousins with city’s owner?

No, his family has $150bn. His personal wealth isn’t out there, but he is the president of the UAE, head of a €875bn investment fund and brother in law to Sheikh Mansour. 

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Oh god it’s going to be a circus (well and even bigger one than normal) for the next few weeks isn’t it 

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It begins... 

It's never dull, that's fer sure, but....

Memories of Maxwell - how it was great at the beginning....until he got bored.

I can understand the attraction of this if it’s legit in terms of his wealth and not getting the begging bowl out from his family like that circus down the road under Fawaz.

I’d imagine Cocu would be out the door pretty sheepish unless Mel could convince them of a long term plan. 

Expect Rooney In charge or Rooney assisting a big name appointment!

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

No, his family has $150bn. His personal wealth isn’t out there, but he is the president of the UAE, head of a €875bn investment fund and brother in law to Sheikh Mansour. 

He's not the president of the UAE, he's a member of the family.

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Seems this guy is quite bright though if his cv is anything to go by:

Sheikh Khaled established the Bin Zayed Group in 1988 having graduated in business administration from Boston University before completing a PHD in finance from Michigan State.

Self made man. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I can understand the attraction of this if it’s legit in terms of his wealth and not getting the begging bowl out from his family like that circus down the road under Fawaz.

I’d imagine Cocu would be out the door pretty sheepish unless Mel could convince them of a long term plan. 

Expect Rooney In charge or Rooney assisting a big name appointment!

Absolutely no chance they'll put Rooney in charge, if they make a managerial change.

They'll put someone in who will the most likely to get us promoted. Not someone unproven.

All they'll care about is getting us in the Premier League as quickly as possible ?

Couple of thoughts...are these people behind the Cocu/Rooney stories in the Sun and Mail?

If so they can do one 

Secondly will this mean any relationship with Man City with us getting loan players from them but them having first dibs on any good young players we produce.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Couple of thoughts...are these people behind the Cocu/Rooney stories in the Sun and Mail?

If so they can do one 

Secondly will this mean any relationship with Man City with us getting loan players from them but them having first dibs on any good young players we produce.

They already did that anyway with Delap

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I wouldnt if we become plastic with a new stadium called God knows what, no local players, £80 tickets and a soulless club. 

Don't quite a few fans already have this opinion since we moved from the BBG???  You can't be successful without a certain amount of capitalist behaviour.  Even Leicester's fairy tale was heavily funded, and involved stiffing a load of local trades when they went into administration...

Yes I'd rather not be taken over as part of a country's sportswashing but I wouldn't for a second prefer to be resurrecting the A38 Derby in League 1 just on principal either...

Archived