Christopher Hugh Martin Fan Club

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Scored a couple of important goals recently including a late winner against Burnley yesterday, which has just moved QPR away from the relegation zone enough although not fully confirmed yet.ย 

Amusingly one of them was from an excellent bit of closing down on the keeper, ala Didzy even. Lovely flicked header for QPRs 2nd.

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

๐Ÿค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ

ย 

My favourite Chris Martin Goal wasn't even a Chris Martin goal!ย ย ๐Ÿคฃ

But the sound of utter shock and awe from the home fans as his shot thundered down off the bar, and in off the Brighton keeper's back (PO semi 1st leg) never fails to bring me out in goosebumps.ย  I could watch... and listen... to that over and over and over...

I loved that goal away at Leeds in Cocuโ€™s season, the free kick against Bournemouth at home in the last minute andโ€ฆbugger it the one against Forest when it was lockdown.

Seen a lot in this off season on Twitter about โ€˜best championship strikerโ€™โ€ฆand itโ€™s a going to be a lasting shame that a lot of players from *that* side probably donโ€™t make these discussions because the only thing they didnโ€™t get was a promotion (Bryson at Cardiff outstanding). Martin places around 6 highest for goals scored (depending which era you want to start in and presumably would creep higher if it was overall goal contributions, but Martin seemingly falls below players like Mitrovic, Pukki and others and itโ€™s only a lack of a promotion that I think really takes him out of the top 5. Itโ€™s be interesting to look at stats such as goals per game, where I imagine he comes lower in but then compare with overall contributions but I donโ€™t have access to anything but the most basic dataย 

No. 1 is Billy Sharp btw and my top 5 includes Mitrovic, Pukki, McCormack and probably Murray tbh but Martin ability wise should be in that conversation really.