If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

46 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That article reads well but to me it translates differently.

In the same way my good lady asks me to do stuff on my day off.

Can you nip to the chemist?

Translation.Can you go to the gym.

I am concerned by the results.

Translation.I’m going to sack him if we don’t beat Forest but might anyway.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

“You’ll get your way.”

“You’ll get your wish.”

I think many of the ‘in crowd’ are confusing the situation.

No-one wants this, not really. We are not sitting in front of our cauldrons adding tail of mouse and eye of newt.

We all want Cocu to succeed. We all want Cocu to stay and take us forward.

But sadly it’s in the same way I want to dance the tango on the streets of Buenos Aires with Penelope Cruz. 

The reality is at odds with the fantasy.  

I think the majority of us would be happy for Cocu to stay if the team was showing signs of fighting back.

But stirring performances like Charlton at home last season are a world away from what we are seeing currently.

Like others have said, Luton, Wycombe, Barnsley, Rotherham, Coventry, even Sheff Wed are all heavily disadvantaged in this division, yet they are showing more resistance than us and not making excuses.

That’s the reason why support is deserting Cocu.

Too much excuse making, not enough solution finding.

And mind boggling team selection

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Honestly you'd think we were rubbish last night if you read some of the stuff on here.

The first half was good and but for a blind linesman and an effort that Wisdom should of buried we'd have gone in at half time with a deserved lead.

Huddersfield broke through the press and scored a good goal then brought a defender on and shut up shop but still Clarke was close to squaring things at the end.

We haven't been rubbish since Blackburn but we've had no luck. We could quite easily have beaten Wigan and Huddersfield both games were very close affairs. Then the mood would be totally different.

Is very easy to focus on results, many will say it's a results business and perhaps should we lose to the dogs then the clarion call may be too loud even for Mel to ignore.

But I hope he holds his nerve.

A new manager now will sate the baying hounds but for how long?

This is a team in transition, we have to take short term pain for long term gain and I'm talking next season not this one. 

There is no way we'll go down. I expect top half this season and challenging again next season, if we stay will Cocu.

If Mel throws the dice now in my opinion we are more likely to go down.

Nice to see the transition euphemisms springing up again. Transition doesn't necessarily have to be a positive movement which is always assumed by posters spouting that phrase in this instance.

So yes I agree we are a team in transition but it's all downhill and has been since the final quarter of last season. What we need now is Cocu to start turning this around and turning it around rapidly before we are staring down the barrel of relegation.

I admire your optimise I really do that you think there's no way we'll go down. On the current standing I can't really see where you can base your optimism on other than sheer blind faith. I'm sure Mel Morris is far more pragmatic to leave things to chance. 

Sadly for Cocu the results drum beats louder and louder despite performances improving.

He’s been dealt an awful hand and the way he’s dealt with everything had been admirable, but if he isn’t getting points on the board then somethings going to give.

Hopefully he can turn it around starting Friday, however it’s a tall order and I can’t see past the next two games.........lose those and I think his times up.

God knows who’d we’d bring in........I’m actually dreading this scenario! 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

“You’ll get your way.”

“You’ll get your wish.”

I think many of the ‘in crowd’ are confusing the situation.

No-one wants this, not really. We are not sitting in front of our cauldrons adding tail of mouse and eye of newt.

We all want Cocu to succeed. We all want Cocu to stay and take us forward.

But sadly it’s in the same way I want to dance the tango on the streets of Buenos Aires with Penelope Cruz. 

The reality is at odds with the fantasy.  

I think the majority of us would be happy for Cocu to stay if the team was showing signs of fighting back.

But stirring performances like Charlton at home last season are a world away from what we are seeing currently.

Like others have said, Luton, Wycombe, Barnsley, Rotherham, Coventry, even Sheff Wed are all heavily disadvantaged in this division, yet they are showing more resistance than us and not making excuses.

That’s the reason why support is deserting Cocu.

Too much excuse making, not enough solution finding.

i like this analysis, although i know that you have had a degree of stick on here as a "cocu-outer" (oo-err missus).

The ability of Cocu's team to get the absolute  max out of all of our players is being seriously questioned - and that should be the one thing he can control and be held to account for.

The dismay is that there is no apparently obvious explanation for this. He is not calling players out, he is mentoring where he can (didn't JHI indicate that a fireside chat had been had with PC), he is taking the flak for the results. All of which are admirable traits in a leader.

So why does a stirring performance seem so far off? Why are the players not fighting for him and the team?

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nice to see the transition euphemisms springing up again. Transition doesn't necessarily have to be a positive movement which is always assumed by posters spouting that phrase in this instance.

So yes I agree we are a team in transition but it's all downhill and has been since the final quarter of last season. What we need now is Cocu to start turning this around and turning it around rapidly before we are staring down the barrel of relegation.

I admire your optimise I really do that you think there's no way we'll go down. On the current standing I can't really see where you can base your optimism on other than sheer blind faith. I'm sure Mel Morris is far more pragmatic to leave things to chance. 

There is no way we will be one of the 3 worst teams in the league over a 46 game season. Those 1-0 defeats turn into wins with a very little percentage point turn around in performance and we have players returning to fitness and players yet to feature who will provide that percentage point improvement. Which is why I have confident we will stay up. 

This poor start has affected our play off hopes but I'm not ruling that out. 

Provided we stick with the Dutchman.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

i like this analysis, although i know that you have had a degree of stick on here as a "cocu-outer" (oo-err missus).

The ability of Cocu's team to get the absolute  max out of all of our players is being seriously questioned - and that should be the one thing he can control and be held to account for.

The dismay is that there is no apparently obvious explanation for this. He is not calling players out, he is mentoring where he can (didn't JHI indicate that a fireside chat had been had with PC), he is taking the flak for the results. All of which are admirable traits in a leader.

So why does a stirring performance seem so far off? Why are the players not fighting for him and the team?

That’s it.

Wycombe have lost all six games this season.

Can you imagine their manager being under pressure?

No, neither can I, because they know the Championship is a massive step up, especially on a budget that might not even cause a ripple in League One, and they know even giving it everything might not be enough in their case.

With us, it’s totally different. I don’t see the players running through walls, leaving everything on the pitch for the team and the manager, playing at their absolute maximum but still having to contend with a huge chasm in quality.

If we were like a Luton, a Rotherham or a Wycombe and fighting for our lives from game 1, fair enough, take it all on the chin and give the manager time and create a siege mentality and togetherness from it.

Mel’s comments in the media today were really uncomfortable to read. There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves. It’s time to snap back.

Can you imagine how we’d have coped if we had actually been given a points deduction? I dread to think.

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

There is no way we will be one of the 3 worst teams in the league over a 46 game season. Those 1-0 defeats turn into wins with a very little percentage point turn around in performance and we have players returning to fitness and players yet to feature who will provide that percentage point improvement. Which is why I have confident we will stay up. 

Well,after 12 consecutive league games we have won 2,so on that basis we are looking to win around another 6 this season in total.

If we just count the six this season,it's obviously the same ratio of wins to losses.

I'm pretty sure that would leave us as one of the bottom 3 teams in the league.

We’ll be in the bottom 3 tonight if Barnsley get a point at Stoke. ☹️

I’d quite like Cocu to get a break and turn it around personally but I can’t really give a convincing argument to those that have had enough, it’s not looking good for the fella.

4 hours ago, Rample said:

f we're judging PC by style, adaptability, tactics, team selection, and motivation then obviously we're falling well short, but lets imagine if even Waghorn and Lawrence started the season fit, I think its fair to say they would have a couple between them by now (goals not pints!) and we could be sitting maybe 6 points better off, and 9 from the first 6 wouldn't be too bad. It would put us into the top 10.

But we aren’t top 10 and we aren’t good to watch. If Martin had stayed imagine where we’d be? Top 2 I reckon. I’m getting the hang of this game now!

32 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

A bad manager? Just because he doesn't play football the way you like!

Is Warnock a bad manager? Dyche? Mourinho?

Such a one eyed view of football

No, those 3 are all good. Rowett's not just bad because his football is bad, he also failed here, failed at Stoke too. He's a decent underdog manager for a lower half Championship team. Never got a Championship promotion though has he? 

You wouldn't mind a few pound on the play off thing would you....? We have lost 5 games already...realistically we could afford to lose probably another 7 games in total from now to the end of the season to get in the play offs..... that is some run we would need to go on... one thing you are right about though is we wont go down..not even close.

3 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

If Rowett failed, then so did McClaren going by that logic.

He improved the league position from where he inherited it. Made a 9 million pound flop into the league’s top scorer and turned a slump in form around to get back into the playoffs (something McClaren couldn’t do)

I wouldn’t want either Rowett or McClaren to return now, but to call one a bad manager whilst constantly praising the other is ridiculous.

Completely different circumstances. The McClaren team would have thrashed the Rowett one if they played each other. Mac 2 wasn't given enough time, Mac 1 had us playing the best football of my life time and was unfortunate to not have got Derby promoted. Rowett signed a bunch of unsustainable journeyman, limped into 6th and then got kicked out the semis in the playoffs. 

Would love to share your optimism but I just don’t see any evidence - not in his tactics, the way we play, his motivational skills, his grasp on this league and even what type of player can be successful in this league.

Are you as this optimistic with everything ? Do you think COVID 19 will end next week ?!

League tables are irrelevant currently, but we need to be playing a decent style which has been variable - we are handicapped by having so many defensive type midfielders ( and trying to play them) for me I would as always want two proper forwards starting but we haven’t got them currently. Anyway we are most definitely in a major transition with lots of youngsters being used and all of them seem to be promising but our difficulties lie with using some very average other players who are limited such as Evans, Holmes, Clarke ( average )  who all look better when everything is going well but are below average when it isn’t 

i would stick with Cocu due to all the crap we have been subjected to because we will come out of this in a very strong manor. He has hardly had much money to spend to improve his lot 

Archived