If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

We keep assuming Rooney wants the managers role. He's here as a coach. He still has another season at least of playing & he'd be potentially ending his playing career early to manage.

Player managers dont tend to work & he'd end up managing more than playing. If he's not going to be short of offers as a main manager or an assistant first when he retires from playing is Derby the ideal first job. 

We'd be better bringing someone proven in like big sam with Rooney as a player then as an assistant when he does retire. A bit of sucession planning let Rooney be under a proven older head with the opportunity to eventually take over if he is ready in a few year. 

I think Terry working under dean smith for a few years is going to do his managerial career the world of good when he does one day step up to number one somewhere. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The pressure is overwhelming at the moment for Cocu.

The players need to decide if they want him and go and perform on Friday against the enemy.

Of course I don’t want Cocu gone I’d give him all this season to turn it around 

Are you actually Philip Cocu ? I know let’s extend his contract at the same time !!!!!

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If we lose to Forest I can’t see Cocu surviving 

Back to square one. 

Same squad 

Same old problems 

A manager gone who tried his best 

Club would look a total shambles IMO 

PS I guarantee if Cocu goes it will be Rooney as manager and IMO that’s wrong and would be wrong of MM to do that 

Judging by the poll it’s now the majority that want him out, not just a loud minority 

im just Meh about it all

we need stability , We need continuity , we need to ride out the storm.

do I like his football .. no

do I think he’s knows His best side .. no

do I rate his transfer dealing ... meh ... some ok .. some not ... one quite overpriced

His tactics and constant team changing sometimes forced upon him sometimes not frustrated me and go against everything I believe in trying to build a cohesive unit

But what Do we do ... sack him and appoint a wet behind the ears media circus Wayne Rooney ... god no 

a new manager , new ideas , more new players in January to try a patch over the cracks 

appoint daz waz .. meh,maybe ish sorta probably not 

what A mess 

1 minute ago, Justa said:

Are you actually Philip Cocu ? I know let’s extend his contract at the same time !!!!!

Dunno, I'm obviously hoping he can turn it around by then.

If we got another manager in he'd still have the same problems - MM wanting youth to be played, significant injuries and what appears to be cost cutting/minimal transfer budget.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Dunno, I'm obviously hoping he can turn it around by then.

If we got another manager in he'd still have the same problems - MM wanting youth to be played, significant injuries and what appears to be cost cutting/minimal transfer budget.

But his decisions are nonsense !!! Taking Shinnie off last night and putting Holmes on instead was madness !

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Judging by the poll it’s now the majority that want him out, not just a loud minority 

im just Meh about it all

we need stability , We need continuity , we need to ride out the storm.

do I like his football .. no

do I think he’s knows His best side .. no

do I rate his transfer dealing ... meh ... some ok .. some not ... one quite overpriced

His tactics and constant team changing sometimes forced upon him sometimes not frustrated me and go against everything I believe in trying to build a cohesive unit

But what Do we do ... sack him and appoint a wet behind the ears media circus Wayne Rooney ... god no 

a new manager , new ideas , more new players in January to try a patch over the cracks 

appoint daz waz .. meh,maybe ish sorta probably not 

what A mess 

plus

will his style of football reap rewards in Championship....no

can we afford to be relegated....no

can we afford to sack him and his entourage ...no

as you say what a mess

Don't want Rooney as manager. We need someone who can get in there, build players up, take the shackles off the team and get much more out of them than at present.

Yes Rooney brought a bit of inspiration in January, but that has pretty much dissipated now.

We've obviously looked at Wigan and seen positives, hence signing Byrne and Marshall. Makes sense we would also look at Cook as a potential replacement. 

Coming into a season like he had last year with no pre-season as such and what bit of a pre-season we did get was dire.

Then having to  put up with crash gate and losing his captain.

Told to bring through the youth and reduce the wages.

Working with players from about 7 other managers with differing philosophy's.

Finally getting a few of his own type of players WHO STILL HAVE TO BED IN by the way.

Struggling with the heart of what was last seasons team all being injured. 

Only a handful of games in and some want him out????????? Isn't it this managerial merry-go-round that has put us where we are now?

OK let's say we do end up with a new manager, what then?? He will struggle with a mish mash team until he gets HIS type of players in, when will that be?

Will we give him the time or until January????

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Coming into a season like he had last year with no pre-season as such and what bit of a pre-season we did get was dire.

Finally getting a few of his own type of players WHO STILL HAVE TO BED IN by the way.

Only a handful of games in and some want him out????????? Isn't it this managerial merry-go-round that has put us where we are now?

OK let's say we do end up with a new manager, what then?? He will struggle with a mish mash team until he gets HIS type of players in, when will that be?

He's a deadman walking ....... seen it before at other clubs with   managers whose 'style' doesn't suit the Championship. 

Our football is HORRIBLE and it's so hard to watch.

12 minutes ago, Justa said:

But his decisions are nonsense !!! Taking Shinnie off last night and putting Holmes on instead was madness !

I’m not pro cocu .... I’m not banging the door down to have another managerial change either but being as level headed as I can be I can see the merit in that 

purely utterly fresh legs and a little ... and I do mean little more attacking intent 

I can imagine his thinking was to see with tiring legs if Dwayne could give us that little spark , that quick turn that on the one occasion gets us springing forward and creating something 

I can’t argue with that change even though retrospectively it didn’t work out 

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

It’s a handful of games into this season but the slide started at the end of last season. 2 wins in 11 now isn’t it? When we beat Blackburn at home we looked to have finally found a nice cohesion. A team that’s kept their manager and let him shape the squad in which way he’s wanted should not be going from Blackburn at home to the way we played last night. We’re getting worse the longer we go into his tenure, I lost time how many times last season people were clutching onto the Daniel Farke comparison, I mean that’s a million miles away now.

Hes had a tough ride admittedly and losing Rooney was another blow in a long string of kicks in the nads but I don’t think it would have made that much difference last night, we still would have set out to be negative, the object of the game would have been to stay in it and nick one. 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I’m not pro cocu .... I’m not banging the door down to have another managerial change either but being as level headed as I can be I can see the merit in that 

purely utterly fresh legs and a little ... and I do mean little more attacking intent 

I can imagine his thinking was to see with tiring legs if Dwayne could give us that little spark , that quick turn that on the one occasion gets us springing forward and creating something 

I can’t argue with that change even though retrospectively it didn’t work out 

Also, people were begging for Knight to be played at centre mid before the game.

The question is whether they meant alongside Shinnie or alongside Bird.

If they meant Bird, then they got what they wanted from 60mins onwards, and it lost us the midfield.. so starting with them 2 would have been wrong.

If they meant Shinnie then fair enough.

12 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

good points but it isn't a handful of games and that lets down the rest of your argument  

I dread to think at the attendance at PP if it was not for CV19

55 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cocu isn't doing anything for the club only regressing us, we can't be any worse than we are so it's worth trying something different. 

It isn't Cocu's fault we had to tighten the spending, against Watford our team barely cost anything. Less than some individual members of their starting line up. I think he's trying to play in a way which requires more quality in depth than we have, we are throwing kids in expecting too much of them IMO. All well and good saying they did well but it's a results game at the end of the day.

Archived