If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does it have to be paid all at once?

Mel needs to sack Cocu now. Afterall he's only devaluing the Clubs worth leaving him in post!

I actually agree with this now which goes to show what do I know but the players have to take some responsibility.

I mean are they all crap 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Curtains said:

but the players have to take some responsibility.

I mean are they all crap 

Oh for goodness sake. Then why have so many of them been called up to their international teams? Without a manager to 'lead' them then they are just 11 individuals, not a team.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

To be honest sacking Cocu and his coaching team at a cost of 4 Million pounds isn’t economic sense. 

So unless he resigns I think we will have to stick with him unless of course the takeover makes us rich which is doubtful 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1053913318?-260:828

Championship teams get 70% of the tv revenues for the football league. That goes down to 20% for league 1 and 10% for league 2. We can't afford not to sack him - tv rights, advertising, etc will all take a massive hit if we go down.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh for goodness sake. Then why have so many of them been called up to their international teams? Without a manager to 'lead' them then they are just 11 individuals, not a team.

Too many players not doing enough .

Low grade International team call ups mean nuff all 

I have to say, in regard to why Mel hasn’t sacked Cocu yet, why would he at this time? When all he has to do is let the new owners go through the hassle? I know everyone is wrapped up with how much Mel loves Derby, but he is a business man first and foremost and is selling so why would he go through all the hassle and lose £3 or £4 million in the process when the new owners will do it and pay if they have too. I suppose the analogy is if you were selling a car that needed new tyres, would you pay to have them done when the person buying your car knows about it and won’t reimburse you for doing it but will sort it out when they have the car? I don’t think many would lose the money and neither will Mel.

Cocu will not be sacked. 

We need all the FFP headroom that we can get. If we sack Cocu we have to pay his entire contract off, along with any coaches the new manager doesn't want.   

Even at £25k per week that is £3m just for the manager. We simply won't be able to write off £4m plus, even if it is pocket change to the new owner.

What will happen is that Cocu will be relieved of his duties, but remain on the payroll until he agrees a lower termination settlement. That is most likely to happen when he finds a new job.

6 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Are Euro qualifiers with Poland and Wales low grade?

Wales have Wilson, Bale and James and Lawrence still plays every game.

He hasn’t played for Wales since September 2019 v Azerbaijan 

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Cocu will not be sacked. 

We need all the FFP headroom that we can get. If we sack Cocu we have to pay his entire contract off, along with any coaches the new manager doesn't want.   

Even at £25k per week that is £3m just for the manager. We simply won't be able to write off £4m plus, even if it is pocket change to the new owner.

What will happen is that Cocu will be relieved of his duties, but remain on the payroll until he agrees a lower termination settlement. That is most likely to happen when he finds a new job.

At last some sense 

1 hour ago, neil62uk said:

It's gone passed IF THE COCU OUTERS GET THEIR WAY 

Mel isn't daft he's an exceptional , successful business man , 

Sacking Phillip Cocu now would cost him a few mill .

If the potential new owners come in and do have the financial clout there saying they,ve got  and looking at our position in the league .... THE NEW OWNERS WILL SACK PHILLIP COCU 

I would suspect they would want to put their own man in place anyway,unless Coc u was riding high so probably aware that they would be spending money and be accounted for when buying the club

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

I would suspect they would want to put their own man in place anyway,unless Coc u was riding high so probably aware that they would be spending money and be accounted for when buying the club

As Cornwall says it’s all about FFP. 

If and a big if the owners have money they can’t circumvent FFP

We will have to put him on gardening leave f

5 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Excellent point  and Ref ; Cocu Wednesday and yesterday really went against him 

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

As Cornwall says it’s all about FFP. 

If and a big if the owners have money they can’t circumvent FFP

We will have to put him on gardening leave f

Well my garden needs doing?not sure I would trust cocu  to do it .

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mel appointed him on a 4 year deal 

How many on here thought he would do well .

Easy in hindsight 

Didn’t  we all want a Dutch garden 

Mel probably gave him a four year deal to attract him. It is a big thing to reallocate to another country. He did it at Fenerbahce to be sacked months later. He would have probably wanted stability so asked for a longer contract. This is why older players want more than a year as it provides stability.

I hoped he would do well but feared he may take time to adjust. Bielsa, Wagner, Farke, Nuno, Jokanovic all did well and I hoped we would follow this pattern. Some took a season to adjust and others hit the ground running.

Archived