If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

Just now, Gisby said:

Agree with everything you say .... Anyone think that as he appears to be such a gent, a dignified & principled man that he may just save Mel a shed load of money and offer his resignation?? Not saying I want him to but once he believes his position has become untenable could he walk??

Depends on the severance package on offer I would have thought.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

I wasn’t having a go at Nugent. More the double standards if the argument.

McClaren was ok signing old players, but Rowett wasn’t.

Huddlestone was ok for Lampard. Davies still doing a job now. Jerome turned around the slump in form.

The original point was him saying Rowett was a bad manager and when every reason given could also be aimed at McClaren.

Anyway, back to Phillip Cocu!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjXs-OamcbsAhUaiFwKHaQ7BhcQFjACegQIAhAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.derbytelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fgary-rowett-Derby-signings-graded-1377576&usg=AOvVaw0EQ1XYgWPUT_cUb7C53uUW

Plus he got Vydra playing out his skin just like the Snake Derby fans called Rowett 

I have long called for patience and desperately want Cocu to do well. I am definitely not a Cocu out fan but if results continue in this vain of form how can he keep his job? Yes we are ‘rebuilding’ but how can this continue to happen if we are in league one? It can’t is the simple answer. We would have to sell the bigger earners and rely on even more youth players. I doubt we would bounce straight back and I could see us languishing in league one for two to three years. Now that is some rebuild. If Cocu is still here after 10 games and we have lost nine of them then unfortunately he has to be sacked.

9 hours ago, Curtains said:

If we lose to Forest I can’t see Cocu surviving 

Back to square one. 

Same squad 

Same old problems 

A manager gone who tried his best 

Club would look a total shambles IMO 

PS I guarantee if Cocu goes it will be Rooney as manager and IMO that’s wrong and it would be wrong of MM to do that as Cocu has done his best to accommodate Rooney as other managers would have felt undermined by him coming 

Fair points. Would Rooney willingly accept a job that has become a poisoned chalice ? 

3 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

There is no way we will be one of the 3 worst teams in the league over a 46 game season. Those 1-0 defeats turn into wins with a very little percentage point turn around in performance and we have players returning to fitness and players yet to feature who will provide that percentage point improvement. Which is why I have confident we will stay up. 

This poor start has affected our play off hopes but I'm not ruling that out. 

Provided we stick with the Dutchman.

I can't believe your even mentioning playoffs in your reply, shows how out of touch from the reality of the situation you really are. 

7 hours ago, dlm77 said:

Prime example of 'Jekyll and Hyde' last night.

Amoungst the doom and gloom there were positive signs. The interaction between Lawrence, Joswiak and Knight in particular. Udders found it very difficult to pick up said three for their movement and willingness to receive the ball. Derby moved the ball around at an increased tempo with lovely one touch football at times.

For me, 5 at the back will be the go to formation until the return of a real holding midfeilder and whilst we play that, the role of the full backs/wing backs are crucial. They are the outlet and support of the wide men, with the end product being a ball into the box finding one of either of a target man and late midfield runs. 

The success going forward last night (however limited) stemed on the Bucanan, Byrne supporting the wide men and that just didn't happen enough forcing players to come inside playing horrible sideways passes or attempting to switch the ball by going backwards first. So much so, we saw Wisdom and Clarke making runs through the middle (ironically to good effect) making the system weaker as a full back had to hang back.

I for one envisage an upsurge in results as players return, find their feet and become more comfortable in the role they are being asked of. Those who have voiced their opinion of a change in manager (and they are perfectly within rights to voice it) should be reminded that this isn't your average season, Years 2/3/4 during the Clough Jnr tenure were not exactly cosy nor have we ever had to blood so many youngsters in a short space of time.

Cocu should be given until the end of the season, because when these boys click (and they will), mid table status will be assured, and the club can move on from FFP, Covid, EFL charges, Player related stupidity, Expensive contracts and hopefully, unrealistic demands of our football family.

Relegation talk at this stage is just nonsense given the challenges that the club, manager and the supporters have had to overcome in the last 9 months. Mistakes have been made no doubt, but we shouldn't be clambering to pick out the next managerial team just yet.

Tolerance and patience should not be read as signs of weakness.
They are signs of strength.

Excellent post. 

The title of this thread is intensely irritating and one of the biggest things which infuriates me currently on this forum.

Getting your own way is a childish and puerile statement that I've seen oft regurgitated on here, the stark reality is that Mel Morris will decide whether he thinks that it's in the interest of the club for Cocu to remain as manager or not so ultimately this is an insult by proxy towards Morris. 

Can't wait for the happy now you've got what you wanted posts if Cocu doesn't remain as manager to round off the other playground insults. Pathetic really.

33 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The title of this thread is intensely irritating and one of the biggest things which infuriates me currently on this forum.

Getting your own way is a childish and puerile statement that I've seen oft regurgitated on here, the stark reality is that Mel Morris will decide whether he thinks that it's in the interest of the club for Cocu to remain as manager or not so ultimately this is an insult by proxy towards Morris. 

Can't wait for the happy now you've got what you wanted posts if Cocu doesn't remain as manager to round off the other playground insults. Pathetic really.

Just want it all your own way do you mate 

Were rebuilding & fans need to have patience.  

We got relegated in 07-08. I don't think wanting to go up this season is wanting and 'instant fix' when you look at the bigger picture. We've had multiple three year plans & rebuilds. Fans have been waiting for almost 13 years to go back to the big time. 

To be honest im not even that bothered about going up id just like us to win more than we lose & have something to be positive about. Instead its horrible watching us 

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Two of them weren’t fit enough to start and the other has never started a professional game in his career, who would you’ve dropped to start Hector-Ingram? 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but knowing what I know now I would have given Bird a rest, but we maybe could have set up starting JHI or rotating CKR and Waghorn something like this

Waghorn/CKR/JHl

Lawrence               Jozwiak  

Knight    Shinnie/Bird

Byrne                    Buchanon 

Clark Davis Wisdom

Marshall

On 21/10/2020 at 13:22, Andicis said:

I am not talking about previous managers, I'm talking about Rowett. He wasn't good here. Whataboutery won't change my stance.

Jeez make your mind up , one minute it’s only results that matter in football , next it’s not liking a managers style or purchases when he gets play offs?

On 21/10/2020 at 16:45, Andicis said:

No, those 3 are all good. Rowett's not just bad because his football is bad, he also failed here, failed at Stoke too. He's a decent underdog manager for a lower half Championship team. Never got a Championship promotion though has he? 

and he loaned Martin out????

On 21/10/2020 at 17:51, DC-1975 said:

Who?

Davies is still here. Huddlestone did a job. We got our money back on Jerome and Lawrence was a young prospect 

Your getting close to the antidisestablishmentarianism tactic of refusing to respond with all this pointing out facts to him?

On 21/10/2020 at 18:14, Andicis said:

I already told you I rate Dyche, Mourinho and Warnock, so it's not about the style is it? Keep pushing your narrative.

He’s obviously got an agenda behind that narrative ?, he’s doing well at picking holes in your posts though

Archived