If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really are in a bit of a tight spot. Personally I want it to work for Cocu and the thought of sacking another manager and starting all over again is a bit depressing. Whilst it may work it has every chance of being as or even worse. That said if people internally are begging to lose faith with PC then it could quickly become an irretrievable situation. Last week there were a few posters saying that they would be ok if we went down and rebuild from there, whilst taking a trip down memory lane to when we were in Div 3 in the eighties. The circumstances in 2021 for club being relegated would be worlds apart. Going down and getting a manager of Cox’s ability, picking up players like Gregory, Davidson, Phil Gee etc are from a bygone era (unless you are very very lucky once in an era stuff, thinking Leicester most recently). It’s unlikely the club would retain its current Academy status and running the liabilities on Moor Farm would be much more challenging so the dream, fantastic that is of Cocu delivering  success a youth based model could ironically go up in smoke. I genuinely hope Cocu can turn this around but there will come a point where it will be a horrible eventuality that the dice will have to be rolled and we prevent a relegation situation that could have an effect that lasts for a generation. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjsxLS4jMbsAhV0sHEKHUdbBeQQFjAAegQIBxAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.derbytelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fhe-know-steve-nicholson-looks-4628716&usg=AOvVaw1jj1Xbyyy43hH3JcFui6Bm

‘Managers are judged on results, and that comes with the territory, but this is not the time to be talking about changing the manager. This is a time to focus on Friday's clash with Nottingham Forest and hopefully a positive result’ 

Just now, DC-1975 said:

McClaren signed Christie, Shotton, Albentosa and Warnock and failed to make the playoffs 

Made a profit on Albentosa didn't we? Warnock did a job, Christie was a young prospect and did ok, and Shotton fulfilled multiple positions, how are those bad signings like Rowett's?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Made a profit on Albentosa didn't we? Warnock did a job, Christie was a young prospect and did ok, and Shotton fulfilled multiple positions, how are those bad signings like Rowett's?

Rowett signed Lawrence who is better than all of them. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Rowett signed Lawrence who is better than all of them. 

Those aren't all of McClaren's signings you're aware? Ince was better than Lawrence at Derby, statistically. Another McClaren signing. 

5 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Who?

Davies is still here. Huddlestone did a job. We got our money back on Jerome and Lawrence was a young prospect 

He spent loads of Lawrence, and got in a bunch of aging players on huge wages. Great transfer dealing. Real sustainable.

9 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

McClaren didn’t sign Ince. That was Clement.

How do you know what their wages were.

McClaren signed Nugent, does that count?

I don’t want a McClaren argument, because I liked him. My point was calling Rowett a bad manager is ridiculous, just because his teams don’t play as you like.

If we had Sean Dyche as manager and he’d had the success he’s had at Burnley, there would be fans on here telling us they don’t like the football and the 2014 team was much better .

I already told you I rate Dyche, Mourinho and Warnock, so it's not about the style is it? Keep pushing your narrative.

17 minutes ago, Jayram said:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

18651218-A776-4660-A13F-025967F5EB9D.jpeg

this  makes me so sad. He's the kind of guy you want good things to happen to. He's not had any Nigel Clough style rants, he's copped the flak, he's lived within Mels constraints without complaint. I reckon he's had to endure the Rooney circus without murmer. He deserves a break.

I hope the team rally round. It's in their hands to run through walls on Friday night - not just young Jason....all of them!

11 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

McClaren didn’t sign Ince. That was Clement.

How do you know what their wages were.

McClaren signed Nugent, does that count?

I don’t want a McClaren argument, because I liked him. My point was calling Rowett a bad manager is ridiculous, just because his teams don’t play as you like.

If we had Sean Dyche as manager and he’d had the success he’s had at Burnley, there would be fans on here telling us they don’t like the football and the 2014 team was much better .

Ince came to Derby under Steve McLaren on loan initially at the end of the 2014 to 15 season.

Nugent was a pretty astute purchase by Mac as a replacement for Mac after Pearson had sent our striker to fulham....he did okay for rowett didn't he.

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

this  makes me so sad. He's the kind of guy you want good things to happen to. He's not had any Nigel Clough style rants, he's copped the flak, he's lived within Mels constraints without complaint. I reckon he's had to endure the Rooney circus without murmer. He deserves a break.

I hope the team rally round. It's in their hands to run through walls on Friday night - not just young Jason....all of them!

Agree with everything you say .... Anyone think that as he appears to be such a gent, a dignified & principled man that he may just save Mel a shed load of money and offer his resignation?? Not saying I want him to but once he believes his position has become untenable could he walk??

Archived