If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly you'd think we were rubbish last night if you read some of the stuff on here.

The first half was good and but for a blind linesman and an effort that Wisdom should of buried we'd have gone in at half time with a deserved lead.

Huddersfield broke through the press and scored a good goal then brought a defender on and shut up shop but still Clarke was close to squaring things at the end.

We haven't been rubbish since Blackburn but we've had no luck. We could quite easily have beaten Wigan and Huddersfield both games were very close affairs. Then the mood would be totally different.

Is very easy to focus on results, many will say it's a results business and perhaps should we lose to the dogs then the clarion call may be too loud even for Mel to ignore.

But I hope he holds his nerve.

A new manager now will sate the baying hounds but for how long?

This is a team in transition, we have to take short term pain for long term gain and I'm talking next season not this one. 

There is no way we'll go down. I expect top half this season and challenging again next season, if we stay will Cocu.

If Mel throws the dice now in my opinion we are more likely to go down.

I think it takes a lot to lose a fanbase like ours.

I first started going to games regularly in 2001. We’ve probably had seven relatively successful and enjoyable seasons in that time.

So the majority of the time, we’ve been somewhere between poor and mediocre, so it’s not a shock to the system.

Yet I can’t remember a time where I’ve actively not wanted to watch us when I’ve had the means to.

I remember Grimsby at home under Gregory when we made John Oster look like Robert Pires. I remember Coventry away under Brown when our own fans were fighting each other in the stands. I remember Barnsley away under Jewell when the fans turned on him. There have been so many genuinely low moments.

But I’d still come back the following week.  And the next. And the one after that.

The worrying thing for me is how turned off I am feeling and how little I am looking forward to games right now under Cocu.

My best friend and I both agreed we couldn’t justify paying £10 to watch the game last night. This despite being more than comfortable enough financially and clearly having the means to do so.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of fans are feeling the same.

A new manager will lift everyone - the players, the fans, maybe even the owner - and at least give us back that intrigue, that feeling of anticipation, that feeling of hope.

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Id rather put my hand in a lucky dip and pull out a random forum member to run the club than Rooney ... no offence Wayne 

Same here.

As much as it's been great having him in a Derby shirt, I think the quicker we move on from Rooney and into a bit of mundane normality the better for all concerned.

8 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We haven't been rubbish since Blackburn but we've had no luck. We could quite easily have beaten Wigan and Huddersfield both games were very close affairs. Then the mood would be totally different.

Yes I thought we were great against Wigan. 

?sorry - I couldn’t resist that one. 

(the rest I agree with btw ?)

11 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Honestly you'd think we were rubbish last night if you read some of the stuff on here.

That second half was shocking. 

11 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We haven't been rubbish since Blackburn but we've had no luck. We could quite easily have beaten Wigan and Huddersfield both games were very close affairs. Then the mood would be totally different

I assume you mean Watford, not Wigan. We could have got something from Watford, but we didn't deserve a point vs Norwich and we got three so it's more than evened out. Notice you're not discussing the luck from that game though.

12 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Is very easy to focus on results, many will say it's a results business and perhaps should we lose to the dogs then the clarion call may be too loud even for Mel to ignore.

Results are literally the only thing that matter in football.

Agree that getting rid of Cocu wouldn’t solve all our problems. The biggest issues at this club have been in place for a long time - mainly to do with our shocking recruitment over the past 5 years. Getting rid of Cocu alone wouldn’t change that. Personally I think the club needs a full reset from top to bottom - maybe even a change of ownership. We certainly need some new ideas on board at least, because at the moment, we’re regressing season by season. And we’re not going to change that without some additional investment at least imo.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

He bought badly, his football was bad, and we weren't actually close to going up. He's a manager for a smaller team like Millwall where the fans will get right behind him. I wouldn't trade Cocu for him and I'm no Cocu fan. 

Wasn’t bad effort for a first season was it and only Two transfer windows 

What way did he buy badly ?

he bought players like Davies and Jerome that while not the best footballers in the world we’re in budget and fitted the job and purpose they were brought in to do 

where as were still waiting to see what bieliks best position is Or if big Dutch mike isn’t just another Bjorne otto Bragstad... or whatever his name was 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Wasn’t bad effort for a first season was it and only Two transfer windows 

What way did he buy badly ?

he bought players like Davies and Jerome that while not the best footballers in the world fitted the job and purpose they were brought in to do 

where as were still waiting to see what bieliks best position is Or if big Dutch mike isn’t just another Bjorne otto Bragstad... or whatever his name was 

He bought finished players on huge wages that had no resale value for the club. He jumped ship because he knew this himself. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He bought finished players on huge wages that had no resale value for the club. He jumped ship because he knew this himself. 

As opposed to what previous managers have done ?

bringing in crap players for stupid sums On massive wages  that we’ve gone on to give away or paid off to leave us 

Malone, jflo, Anya, camara etc etc etc 

the players he brought in were on short term deal 1-2’ with options 

don’t get me wrong I didn’t want Cameron Jerome and co anywhere near our club but his signings and style got us ultimately to where we were aiming to get .. playoffs .. yes it fell apart

who knows what may have happened if he’d had another wisdom or two to bring that age down as some of the already purchased dross had been moved on 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Why exactly was rowett a bad manger ?

he got the most out of the players at his disposal ?

his style isn’t for many but we poo housed promotion under billy playing a similarly attritional football. There were actually some bloody good games under rowett despite the lack of quality and I for one found it quite reassuring going into games knowing the opposition would have to work bloody hard to score against us ... u like now where we gift wrap chances to them 

Bad manager rowett seems to be doing the biz again at Millwall doesn’t he 

He sold Will Hughes for 4mil!!! 

Thus proving he is a bad manager.

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

As opposed to what previous managers have done ?

bringing in crap players for stupid sums On massive wages  that we’ve gone on to give away or paid off to leave us 

Malone, jflo, Anya, camara etc etc etc 

the players he brought in were on short term deal 1-2’ with options 

don’t get me wrong I didn’t want Cameron Jerome and co anywhere near our club but his signings and style got us ultimately to where we were aiming to get .. playoffs .. yes it fell apart

who knows what may have happened if he’d had another wisdom or two to bring that age down as some of the already purchased dross had been moved on 

I am not talking about previous managers, I'm talking about Rowett. He wasn't good here. Whataboutery won't change my stance.

42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That second half was shocking. 

I assume you mean Watford, not Wigan. We could have got something from Watford, but we didn't deserve a point vs Norwich and we got three so it's more than evened out. Notice you're not discussing the luck from that game though.

Results are literally the only thing that matter in football.

We can’t win if we don’t shoot.

“You’ll get your way.”

“You’ll get your wish.”

I think many of the ‘in crowd’ are confusing the situation.

No-one wants this, not really. We are not sitting in front of our cauldrons adding tail of mouse and eye of newt.

We all want Cocu to succeed. We all want Cocu to stay and take us forward.

But sadly it’s in the same way I want to dance the tango on the streets of Buenos Aires with Penelope Cruz. 

The reality is at odds with the fantasy.  

I think the majority of us would be happy for Cocu to stay if the team was showing signs of fighting back.

But stirring performances like Charlton at home last season are a world away from what we are seeing currently.

Like others have said, Luton, Wycombe, Barnsley, Rotherham, Coventry, even Sheff Wed are all heavily disadvantaged in this division, yet they are showing more resistance than us and not making excuses.

That’s the reason why support is deserting Cocu.

Too much excuse making, not enough solution finding.

Archived