If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/10/2020 at 12:01, RamNut said:

The Rooney-Gregory story seemed to me to reveal something going on in the background. 
the additional appointments to the coaching staff in the summer are also indicative of MM patch repairs.

as I have said before, it smells like we are headed for regime Change. 
but what has changed my position are the institutional failures.

recruitment decisions being made by others

the failure to recruit a proper striker

the failure to recognise what a hindrance and distraction WR has become

The nightmare scenario of Rooney and Gregory. 

I expect to see more moves designed to make Cocu snap.
the cost of sacking him is probably the only thing saving him. 

given the alternatives, I’d rather stick with the man in charge in spite of everything. 

Sigh ? 

The always hands-on Morris has increased his demands of Cocu in recent weeks — summoning him to breakfast meetings, asking for written reports of matches and planned training sessions — leading to speculation that the chairman is seeking to pressure him into walking away.

That’s exactly what I‘m expecting.....

great timing.

On 21/10/2020 at 10:11, Curtains said:

Oh blimey 

Tell Knight and Bird and Buchanan and Whittaker that who he has helped 

Yes but that's as a coach (and on another point I would give 90% of the credit for their development to Wassall) and as I have stated previously football is littered with great coaches who don't make good managers!

6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Yes but that's as a coach (and on another point I would give 90% of the credit for their development to Wassall) and as I have stated previously football is littered with great coaches who don't make good managers!

And great footballers who make rotten managers too.

Especially if they’re unqualified!

6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

And vice versa. I know it gets boring dragging up Alex Ferguson in every discussion about every manager ever, but he always had a top coach working with him, often taking training sessions on their own.

Most of his job was just being angry and Scottish at half-time.

On 21/10/2020 at 10:22, Andicis said:

How so? 1 win in 6 is not good enough. We're the 3rd worst side on form already, and we've shown no signs in ability to turn it around. We're in relegation form, and if it doesn't turn around soon we're in genuine danger of relegation. 

Correct and to an extent, I agree. Fixtures are coming in thick and fast, so too are more first team players. I would argue that we have had our fair share of unlucky knocks already, but signs are there that we are and can further improve. No team go without a 'purple patch' and in the next month of fixtures, there will be nothing for the coaching staff to hide behind and the subject of replacing that team can be revisited with plenty of time left in the season.  

16 hours ago, Archied said:

He’s obviously got an agenda behind that narrative ?, he’s doing well at picking holes in your posts though

Just the 55 notifications from you Archied, it's quite funny that I have some agenda that I myself was not aware of, the more you know.

7 hours ago, Duracell said:

And vice versa. I know it gets boring dragging up Alex Ferguson in every discussion about every manager ever, but he always had a top coach working with him, often taking training sessions on their own.

Most of his job was just being angry and Scottish at half-time.

I know just the man!

72EF7081-E5FA-4A7F-8B0E-E9C295BD80C6.thumb.jpeg.5f7b21d297155365b67ea6bacfa62fdc.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

It's gone passed IF THE COCU OUTERS GET THEIR WAY 

Mel isn't daft he's an exceptional , successful business man , 

Sacking Phillip Cocu now would cost him a few mill .

If the potential new owners come in and do have the financial clout there saying they,ve got  and looking at our position in the league .... THE NEW OWNERS WILL SACK PHILLIP COCU 

43 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To be honest sacking Cocu and his coaching team at a cost of 4 Million pounds isn’t economic sense. 

So unless he resigns I think we will have to stick with him unless of course the takeover makes us rich which is doubtful 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1053913318?-260:828

Why is it doubtful that he’s got 4 million? He bid 2 billion for Liverpool.

45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To be honest sacking Cocu and his coaching team at a cost of 4 Million pounds isn’t economic sense. 

Does it have to be paid all at once?

Mel needs to sack Cocu now. Afterall he's only devaluing the Clubs worth leaving him in post!

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

So unless he resigns I think we will have to stick with him unless of course the takeover makes us rich which is doubtful 

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1053913318?-260:828

I think it’s absolute economical sense to sack them and pay £4m.

Currently our players values are decreasing with every game played. We will be in League 1, losing out on millions of TV revenue. We will lose season ticket sales losing even more money.

If it’s pay £4m now and potentially stay up vs carry on until Christmas and be almost certainly relegated losing tens of millions, I know which I’d pick. 

Archived