If the Cocu outers get their way !

Curtains

Just now, Coconut said:

Also, people were begging for Knight to be played at centre mid before the game.

The question is whether they meant alongside Shinnie or alongside Bird.

If they meant Bird, then they got what they wanted from 60mins onwards, and it lost us the midfield.. so starting with them 2 would have been wrong.

If they meant Shinnie then fair enough.

I think while we’re in this pickle it has to be shinnie and knight 

bird is out of form and isn’t the most gritty player in the world 

shinnie and knight give us a proper engine room to build on 

cocus job is to those in front of them doing their job and actually creating something 

in birds defence, if ur a centre midfielder who’s a bit of a ball player u need things to hit, people to play off , someone to hold it 

we’ve had none of these in the opening games and I don’t think that’s helped him one bit 

however he certainly needs a little time out to take stock and re focus on his own game 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Hes had a tough ride admittedly and losing Rooney was another blow in a long string of kicks in the nads but I don’t think it would have made that much difference last night, we still would have set out to be negative, the object of the game would have been to stay in it and nick one. 

Yep. And not just last night, is one of the biggest areas of contention.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Also, people were begging for Knight to be played at centre mid before the game.

The question is whether they meant alongside Shinnie or alongside Bird.

If they meant Bird, then they got what they wanted from 60mins onwards, and it lost us the midfield.. so starting with them 2 would have been wrong.

If they meant Shinnie then fair enough.

I enjoy chatting with u coconut, we sometimes share the same opinion , we sometimes disagree but either way your posts are always put forward with substance and a fair and concise reasoning 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I enjoy chatting with u coconut, we sometimes share the same opinion , we sometimes disagree but either way your posts are always put forward with substance and a fair and concise reasoning 

Cheers, but try telling RoyMac that!

It's always easier to be respectful when one part isn't being a WUM and trying to shoot the other down!

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Also take a look at points tally and goals scored 6 games in, we already are a ducking shambles can't get much worse apart from when Wycombe overtake us in the league. 

Wont be long before Sheff Weds pass us at this rate and they started at -12 points

If the Cocu ''iners'' get their way, we're going to be in a relegation battle. This isn't normal, nor is this fans being entitled expecting Derby to be at the very least a mid table side. We don't have worse players than most of the teams we're behind in the league. They have coherent tactics and managers that know this league and what to expect. Cocu is on the list of Dutch managers who've failed in England.

Prime example of 'Jekyll and Hyde' last night.

Amoungst the doom and gloom there were positive signs. The interaction between Lawrence, Joswiak and Knight in particular. Udders found it very difficult to pick up said three for their movement and willingness to receive the ball. Derby moved the ball around at an increased tempo with lovely one touch football at times.

For me, 5 at the back will be the go to formation until the return of a real holding midfeilder and whilst we play that, the role of the full backs/wing backs are crucial. They are the outlet and support of the wide men, with the end product being a ball into the box finding one of either of a target man and late midfield runs. 

The success going forward last night (however limited) stemed on the Bucanan, Byrne supporting the wide men and that just didn't happen enough forcing players to come inside playing horrible sideways passes or attempting to switch the ball by going backwards first. So much so, we saw Wisdom and Clarke making runs through the middle (ironically to good effect) making the system weaker as a full back had to hang back.

I for one envisage an upsurge in results as players return, find their feet and become more comfortable in the role they are being asked of. Those who have voiced their opinion of a change in manager (and they are perfectly within rights to voice it) should be reminded that this isn't your average season, Years 2/3/4 during the Clough Jnr tenure were not exactly cosy nor have we ever had to blood so many youngsters in a short space of time.

Cocu should be given until the end of the season, because when these boys click (and they will), mid table status will be assured, and the club can move on from FFP, Covid, EFL charges, Player related stupidity, Expensive contracts and hopefully, unrealistic demands of our football family.

Relegation talk at this stage is just nonsense given the challenges that the club, manager and the supporters have had to overcome in the last 9 months. Mistakes have been made no doubt, but we shouldn't be clambering to pick out the next managerial team just yet.

Tolerance and patience should not be read as signs of weakness.
They are signs of strength.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If the Cocu ''iners'' get their way, we're going to be in a relegation battle. This isn't normal, nor is this fans being entitled expecting Derby to be at the very least a mid table side. We don't have worse players than most of the teams we're behind in the league. They have coherent tactics and managers that know this league and what to expect. Cocu is on the list of Dutch managers who've failed in England.

So I won’t do  the discourteous thing and do a laughing emoji .

Inners you mean .

Well I’m one of them 

You wanted Rowett gone didn’t you .

I am damned if I’m calling for Cocu to go after this forum went Dutch potty after before being Lampard potty

Makes me laugh when I see people put that Cocu hasn’t got the squad capable of playing his football. Simple solution is don’t play it then. 

If cutting the costs and reducing the quality of squad is what we need to do because of our finances then so be it. But we may have to swallow our pride and take a more pragmatic approach. 

3 minutes ago, dlm77 said:

Relegation talk at this stage is just nonsense given the challenges that the club, manager and the supporters have had to overcome in the last 9 months. Mistakes have been made no doubt, but we shouldn't be clambering to pick out the next managerial team just yet.

How so? 1 win in 6 is not good enough. We're the 3rd worst side on form already, and we've shown no signs in ability to turn it around. We're in relegation form, and if it doesn't turn around soon we're in genuine danger of relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So I won’t do  the discourteous thing and do a laughing emoji .

Inners you mean .

Well I’m one of them 

You wanted Rowett gone didn’t you .

I am damned if I’m calling for Cocu to go after this forum went Dutch potty before being Lampard potty

Yes, because Rowett was a bad manager. Cocu isn't a bad manager in the Eredivise, but he's not a Championship manager. His style isn't working, and even with more of his own players nothing has changed, we're no closer. In a year we should be looking coherent, but we don't, do we? We should be seeing signals of the ultimate plan, I don't see anything. I see a disjointed team with no direction. I see a manager now out of his depth. 

13 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It's always easier to be respectful when one part isn't being a WUM and trying to shoot the other down!

Love that it’s my fault you’re having to resort to personal insults - all because I won’t agree with you! 

Just now, Andicis said:

Yes, because Rowett was a bad manager. Cocu isn't a bad manager in the Eredivise, but he's not a Championship manager. His style isn't working, and even with more of his own players nothing has changed, we're no closer. In a year we should be looking coherent, but we don't, do we? We should be seeing signals of the ultimate plan, I don't see anything. I see a disjointed team with no direction. I see a manager now out of his depth. 

Well he will be gone after Forest if we lose.  

So don’t worry 

Unpopular opinion obviously, but I don't think the football we're playing is even close to the worst I've seen in modern times. Phil Brown's football was truly awful. At least we try to keep possession, are trying to make things happen. It's just not coming together. Will it get better if we give Phil time? I hope so. I'm not worried about the table (yet) and would say let's see where we are at Christmas. But I don't see Phil surviving a Forest defeat. The poll is 50/50, but that will drastically change if we're beaten against that lot.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Oh blimey 

Tell Knight and Bird and Buchanan and Whittaker that who he has helped 

He hasn’t helped Bird much with his corners.

I’m sorry but face up to it the only place he will take us is to league 1. It’s going to be embarrassing when the Wendies go above us before December. We need someone who can get the players to give blood sweat and tears to get the results not Fanny around in some idealistic foreign football fantasy that doesn’t work for mediocre players in the Championship.

23 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The irony is I actually feel despite perhaps some Initial difference of opinions I enjoy exchanging views with Roy too lol

may one big group hug is needed lol 

Archived