Sack cocu

dantheram

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

seems people only worry about Cocu's mental health cos they like him. I wonder if they would be so caring about Billy Davies? Or Nigel Pearson? Or even our very own Wayne Rooney, after all, Mental Health affects all humans, not just the nice humans.

A fair point. Some folks can be very selective with empathy. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t understand why Mel awarded Cocu a four year contract. 
Surely he factored in that he may turn out to be a dud, similar to nearly all of the others he chose. 
A really bad and costly mistake that was. 
The best leaving present he could give us now is to get rid and to bear the cost in the process. 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Surely he factored in that he may turn out to be a dud, similar to nearly all of the others he chose. 
The best leaving present he could give us now is to get rid and to bear the cost in the process. 

A wise mentor once said to me that the only time you have any power in employment negotiation is when someone wants you to do something. 

So if Mel wanted Cocu and he (Cocu) negotiated hard, this was the price of him coming. 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Because if he didn't give him that length of contract then he probably wouldn't have come. So the egg is on Mel's face at the moment absolutely but he's equally been let down by Cocu. 

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

Why has Cocu not been sacked yet?

Because it will cost Mel Morris around £4m.  He's probably waiting for the takeover to be completed so the new owners can sort it.  My opinion, for what it's worth, Mel employed Cocu on a 4 year contract so it's his mess, he should clean it up!

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Maybe...they don't want to?

Maybe they really are committed to the long-term plan? Maybe they really do believe that results will come? 

Before the last two games, that might well have been the case, three draws, team looking like it's starting to find itself a bit, players getting fitter.....and then change the system and lose to QPR, change it back and lose to Barnsley. The last two just killed me in terms of hope and belief and I'm sure I'm not the only who's come round to this way off the back of those two games.

Lots seem to want him gone but I haven't seen a replacement named yet who would be more qualified to achieve the aims Mel set Cocu in terms of the long term development of our youth system. 

We have a set of players contracted to score goals for us. 

They've failed too in a team that dominates possession. 

Should they all be sacked too? 

Archived