Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I know people will laugh at me, please do.

But what these players need right now is Neil Warnock, I know he is an absolute **** ***, but I'd love him to walk into that dressing room, knock Rooney out and scream bloody murder at every single under achieving pratt in that dressing room.

And the Sheikh should make the players sleep in the same barn as his camels everytime they perform like that again.

Totally agree we need a championship manager PROVEN. 

1 minute ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Perhaps you are one of many who said I was wrong and didn't have PSV friends is the football boring YES or NO ? 

I think you need to grow up & stop revelling in our current misfortune.

You were entitled to your opinion at the time, just as much as people were entitled to point to Cocu's successes at PSV and the good football we played between Jan & March.

The reason you got stick was because of your shouty tone & insistence on starting mutliple threads basically saying the same thing. Not the content of what you were saying.

Nobody would have thought we would be in this position this season even with the injuries we had at the start of the season. You would expect the manager to have the players organised to be competitive if not spectacular but too often we were too open and conceded too many goals early in the season. Most reasonable fans would have accepted around a top ten position whilst bringing on the younger players for another season but the situation is way ahead of that now. A complete change of approach is needed. I was in favour of giving Cocu time but not anymore.

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Has he resigned yet? Come on Phil... No one wants you here anymore. Even Paul Jewell had the decency to walk away when he realised it was never going to work. 

It's the current state of affairs that's killing us fans...

Cocu at any other time period would have either been sacked or resigned by now and the takeover hasn't been signed yet.

This combination of events is just a nightmare to be sitting out as we all want solutions and a to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Surely motivation is part of being a manager? I know that ideally every person, footballer or not should be self motivated and not need a pep talk now and again, but can ANY one really say they haven’t gone to work some days and not been up for it for whatever reason? Footballers are human and sometimes need an arm around their shoulder or a kick in the pants like the rest of us. Cocu doesn’t inspire, doesn’t motivate and makes strange decisions on the field. We are bottom for a reason. 

One of the few positives as far as I am concerned is that the coaching staff will go too. What has Liam Rosenior ever achieved as a coach? What does Shay Given actually do with the first team? I mean, how does he coach a mature Scottish international player?

21 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Nobody would have thought we would be in this position this season even with the injuries we had at the start of the season. You would expect the manager to have the players organised to be competitive if not spectacular but too often we were too open and conceded too many goals early in the season. Most reasonable fans would have accepted around a top ten position whilst bringing on the younger players for another season but the situation is way ahead of that now. A complete change of approach is needed. I was in favour of giving Cocu time but not anymore.

At the start of the season I predicted a 15th place finish. I could see that there were problems ahead but I didn’t expect it to be this bad ?

Sad state of affairs at the moment. Feel bad for Cocu with all the bad luck but We all know football is about entertainment with the bottom line being results. We’re playing awful football (only slightly better with players returning recently) and what’s even worse is results have been so bad we’re on course for relegation. Unfortunately, he has to go for me can’t see any way he turns this around

3 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think you need to grow up & stop revelling in our current misfortune.

You were entitled to your opinion at the time, just as much as people were entitled to point to Cocu's successes at PSV and the good football we played between Jan & March.

The reason you got stick was because of your shouty tone & insistence on starting mutliple threads basically saying the same thing. Not the content of what you were saying.

We have played no good football under Cocu .

I think my main complaint right now regarding Cocu other than style of play is the way certain players are being used:

- Louie Sibley- I appreciate he didn’t have a great start to the season but he was played too far forward, end of last season he was running at people, creating chances and scoring great goals. Then all of a sudden he’s getting the trash minutes, one of our most creative players getting less minutes than a horrendously out of form Holmes and the same amount of time as Kazim, it’s bizarre.

- Max Bird- He’s been a victim of being given way too much responsibility too early, essentially carries Rooney for half a season and then made captain of a dreadfully out of form team which automatically puts him at the forefront of the blame, now he’s getting no minutes whatsoever.

- Morgan Whittaker- Started to really look the part when coming on, Norwich away springs to mind, where he basically changed the game. Now he’s been sent back to the under 23’s (where he looks great), despite the fact we barely create, seemingly been frozen out of the first team picture.

He’s basically abandoned the young player plan, only Knight and Buchanan getting any real minutes, despite the fact that everything that was good about us last season was down to them.

5 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

He’s basically abandoned the young player plan, only Knight...

Not playing him in the same way either though is he? Does he look like getting into the box and scoring, not for me he doesn't? Trialist got less time than Colin and yet looks a better long term aim.

I feel he hasn't some much abandoned the 'young player plan' as abandoned the young players!

1 minute ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

I think my main complaint right now regarding Cocu other than style of play is the way certain players are being used:

- Louie Sibley- I appreciate he didn’t have a great start to the season but he was played too far forward, end of last season he was running at people, creating chances and scoring great goals. Then all of a sudden he’s getting the trash minutes, one of our most creative players getting less minutes than a horrendously out of form Holmes and the same amount of time as Kazim, it’s bizarre.

- Max Bird- He’s been a victim of being given way too much responsibility too early, essentially carries Rooney for half a season and then made captain of a dreadfully out of form team which automatically puts him at the forefront of the blame, now he’s getting no minutes whatsoever.

- Morgan Whittaker- Started to really look the part when coming on, Norwich away springs to mind, where he basically changed the game. Now he’s been sent back to the under 23’s (where he looks great), despite the fact we barely create, seemingly been frozen out of the first team picture.

He’s basically abandoned the young player plan, only Knight and Buchanan getting any real minutes, despite the fact that everything that was good about us last season was down to them.

Totally agree about Sibley and Whittaker.

bird.....partly his own fault. He couldn’t even take a corner by the time he was dropped. But to go from captain to zero must kill your confidence,

constantly binning players must have a toxic effect upon morale too.
Recently we’ve also had Evans dropped for wisdom dropped for Te Wierik dropped for Bielik.
clarke subbed at half time. Buchanan dropped. Jozwiak dropped. 

It’s no wonder we seem to be losing the players.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Totally agree about Sibley and Whittaker.

bird.....partly his own fault. He couldn’t even take a corner by the time he was dropped. But to go from captain to zero must kill your confidence,

constantly binning players must have a toxic effect upon morale too.
Recently we’ve also had Evans dropped for wisdom dropped for Te Wierik dropped for Bielik.
clarke subbed at half time. Buchanan dropped. Jozwiak dropped. 

It’s no wonder we seem to be losing the players.

Bird has been in awful form, my complaint was more him being made the face of a struggling side

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not playing him in the same way either though is he? Does he look like getting into the box and scoring, not for me he doesn't? Trialist got less time than Colin and yet looks a better long term aim.

I feel he hasn't some much abandoned the 'young player plan' as abandoned the young players!

Yeah, really don’t understand playing a big goal threat in what is practically a Joe Ledley position 

7 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Bird has been in awful form, my complaint was more him being made the face of a struggling side

I don’t disagree.

Archived