Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Lots seem to want him gone but I haven't seen a replacement named yet who would be more qualified to achieve the aims Mel set Cocu in terms of the long term development of our youth system. 

We have a set of players contracted to score goals for us. 

They've failed too in a team that dominates possession. 

Should they all be sacked too? 

I agree entirely. Most of the names suggested you may aswell shut the academy doors.

I have seen us miss plenty of chances I would expect to hit the target at least with. Even the legend of Rooney has done so. Why we don't think they have let us down also I don't know. I can guess who is waiting to disagree and it is tiresome. 

Part of me quite hopes Cocu stays just to see how ridiculous the reactions get.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Lots seem to want him gone but I haven't seen a replacement named yet who would be more qualified to achieve the aims Mel set Cocu in terms of the long term development of our youth system. 

We have a set of players contracted to score goals for us. 

They've failed too in a team that dominates possession. 

Should they all be sacked too? 

Yes we have goalscorers, and yes we have lots of possession. But Cocu would rather we keep possession than risk taking a player on or having a speculative shot. He seems to be a manager that does not like to take risk. and only wants them to go for goal when the percentages of scoring are higher. 

Therefore the stats at the end of games for us always say lots of possession and not many shots. 

so to answer you, dominating possession can actually mean nothing in terms of goalscoring and no the players should not be sacked.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yes we have goalscorers, and yes we have lots of possession. But Cocu would rather we keep possession than risk taking a player on or having a speculative shot. He seems to be a manager that does not like to take risk. and only wants them to go for goal when the percentages of scoring are higher. 

Therefore the stats at the end of games for us always say lots of possession and not many shots. 

so to answer you, dominating possession can actually mean nothing in terms of goalscoring and no the players should not be sacked.

You see, this is the bit I don't get. 

Cocu doesn't run to the touchline and shout to the forwards not to shoot. He shows frustration the same as we do. 

Every forward should have a hunger, a passion for goals. That's the case from Sunday League to International level. 

I just don't see that in our current line-up. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

You say that but, if you listen to his interviews, Cocu is as frustrated as any of us that the players do not press higher up the field, move the ball quicker, be braver with the ball and attack more.

So, it's disingenuous to say it's not what Cocu wants.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Cocu doesn't run to the touchline and shout to the forwards not to shoot. He shows frustration the same as we do. 

Every forward should have a hunger, a passion for goals. That's the case from Sunday League to International level. 

He's the manager of the first team, it's his responsibility. Clearly his coaching isn't working as otherwise we would shoot, we would see cohesion on the field, we would score goals.

Quite frankly your argument is a nonsense, of course he doesn't run to the touchline and tell them not to shoot but it's instilled in them due to the restrictions he puts on the players. Everything is about ball possession, passing the ball to death. The issues we're seeing game after game are systemic, not down to certain individuals.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

You see, this is the bit I don't get. 

this is another issue aswell, he shows very little emotion

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You say that but, if you listen to his interviews, Cocu is as frustrated as any of us that the players do not press higher up the field, move the ball quicker, be braver with the ball and attack more.

So, it's disingenuous to say it's not what Cocu wants.

but has he not had long enough to drum it into the players by now?

also, they were pretty good at pressing, moving the ball quickly, attacking, and being braver under lampard, so why not now? 

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

this is another issue aswell, he shows very little emotion

An issue?? Really??

You want him to roll around beating the ground every time Waghorn scuffs a chance?

Or burst into tears if we mark the wrong zones at a corner?

Yeah, that's what's wrong. Not enough tantrums on the touchline.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

also, they were pretty good at pressing, moving the ball quickly, attacking, and being braver under lampard, so why not now? 

Compare the line ups.

We no longer have Tomori, Mount and Wilson.

Keep up.

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

It's Cocu style he plays boring football .

Thank God we've not been allowed to watch this utter garbage at PP .

I keep screaming at the TV forwards forwards when we keep going back .

Against QPR we had a free kick 20 yards out from there goal and after a few negative passes it's back with Marshall absolute rubbish. 

Why is it taking so long to get rid of one of the worst managers we've ever had  ?

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

An issue?? Really??

You want him to roll around beating the ground every time Waghorn scuffs a chance?

Or burst into tears if we mark the wrong zones at a corner?

Yeah, that's what's wrong. Not enough tantrums on the touchline.

you know what i mean. 

Most games i have seen this season when the games going badly he just stands there hands in pockets. It's his job to help motivate the players. Encourage them, jee them up, anything. not just have a quite moan with the official and look at shay givens iPad. 

Archived