Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a battler who can work with limited resources. I’ve watched enough football to realise what’s materialising here. I think cocu s a half decent manager but he’s way out his depth in trying to stabilise a club that is in transition. His ridiculous conviction to his style will relegate us. 

Just woke from a weird dream.

Lots of Rams supporters marching on EFL HQ singing:-

"We don't need no points deduction

We are in the danger zone

On our way to relegation

We can get there on our own

E  FL leave the Rams alone

All we need s another kick of the ball!"

Never give a poet cheese for supper!

(What was in those mushrooms!?)

2 hours ago, dantheram said:

We need a battler who can work with limited resources. I’ve watched enough football to realise what’s materialising here. I think cocu s a half decent manager but he’s way out his depth in trying to stabilise a club that is in transition. His ridiculous conviction to his style will relegate us. 

Like it did last season?, didn't realise we were in league one.

3 hours ago, dantheram said:

And when the attacking players return, and Cocu turns things round and we start climbing the table, will you still be crying out for a battler? Or will you be celebrating the win? 
You can have an opinion. But his style has changed this season alone, becoming more defensive to ensure we don’t get tonked. We will attack teams again when attackers return. I’m not giving up hope yet

4 hours ago, dantheram said:

Pipe down lad...

I’ve watched enough football to realise that if your teams missing it’s 4 first choice attackers at once their going to struggle to break teams down. If Rooney hadn’t missed his sitter last night we’d be congratulating the lads on a battling performance against a side who’ll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

But his style has changed this season alone, becoming more defensive to ensure we don’t get tonked.

I think the point might be that (it seems) given a choice, we go defensive to cover up our short-comings rather than offensive. This was hinted at from the very beginning of Cocu's tenure. That he would prefer to grind out 1-0 wins to say 5-4 wins. I think his choice of playing style seems to now be backing that up - even when we don't go '5 at the back' we're hardly cavalier with our possession are we? 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think the point might be that (it seems) given a choice, we go defensive to cover up our short-comings rather than offensive. This was hinted at from the very beginning of Cocu's tenure. That he would prefer to grind out 1-0 wins to say 5-4 wins. I think his choice of playing style seems to now be backing that up - even when we don't go '5 at the back' we're hardly cavalier with our possession are we? 

Maybe, but I think he would also prefer a 3-0 to a 5-2. He wants defensive solidity along with attacking invention. As others have said, at PSV after his style had been implemented that team scored goals for fun. Mainly because they had quality going forward. We have quality but on the treatment table at the minute. If we are languishing near the bottom at the end of the season with no real sign of improvement, I’ll understand the calls for a new manager. Not yet. We need to be patient

Archived