Sack cocu

dantheram

3 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I agree entirely. Most of the names suggested you may aswell shut the academy doors.

I have seen us miss plenty of chances I would expect to hit the target at least with. Even the legend of Rooney has done so. Why we don't think they have let us down also I don't know. I can guess who is waiting to disagree and it is tiresome. 

Part of me quite hopes Cocu stays just to see how ridiculous the reactions get.

I am still in the camp that says after the new year. It’s terrible at the moment but if anyone remembers last season there was a glum phase and then we kicked on with some lovely football before falling away over the last few games.

I think the players bear some of the responsibility. I also have reservations about comparative fitness. Our team is youngish but we don’t seam to have the long lasting head of steam that others seem to muster. .. The tricky bit is that old fashioned cliche confidence .. but you know what ? That’s what the older heads are there for, the dig in, fight, try, go for it mentality. Yes it starts with the boss but in the end it’s your team mates that you fight for on the pitch. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To get the best out of the squad. 

You can’t if you have your hands tied behind your back. 

Have we got any colluding  players at Derby the ones that say if I’m not playing Ill throw my toys out the pram Or are they all angels  

Why are his hands tied behind his back? Please explain. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I am still in the camp that says after the new year. It’s terrible at the moment but if anyone remembers last season there was a glum phase and then we kicked on with some lovely football before falling away over the last few games.

I think the players bear some of the responsibility. I also have reservations about comparative fitness. Our team is youngish but we don’t seam to have the long lasting head of steam that others seem to muster. .. The tricky bit is that old fashioned cliche confidence .. but you know what ? That’s what the older heads are there for, the dig in, fight, try, go for it mentality. Yes it starts with the boss but in the end it’s your team mates that you fight for on the pitch. 

The fitness is concerning. We had three games in a row where we played fast aggressive football, but visibly lost legs in the second half which led to us conceding leads. 

Leeds United players were 100% all in on their fitness in order to play like that. We simply don't have that motivation which for me comes back to the manager and coaching staff. This season can be filed under egregiously ill-prepared and that belongs to everyone: backroom staff, coaching staff and players. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The fitness is concerning. We had three games in a row where we played fast aggressive football, but visibly lost legs in the second half which led to us conceding leads. 

Leeds United players were 100% all in on their fitness in order to play like that. We simply don't have that motivation which for me comes back to the manager and coaching staff. This season can be filed under egregiously ill-prepared and that belongs to everyone: backroom staff, coaching staff and players. 

And we don’t have a Centre Forward. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

To be fair Leeds had games where they ran out of steam. We were the beneficiaries of this when Marriott scored in the play offs and when Martin equalised. 

where are they now? ?

Seen somebody has raised the ‘laughing stock’ nonsense again (it’s a few posts ago). I can’t really argue with those suggesting Cocu should be sacked. I’m not sure I would sack him, but obviously there isn’t a lot going for him at the mo (a bit of an understatement).

However, I can argue with those suggesting not sacking him makes us a laughing stock. Nobody cares about us. Nobody is laughing at us. Most footy fans won’t even be aware we’re bottom of the league, never I doubt give a flying fig over who our manager is. And even if they did, who cares anyway?

42 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To get the best out of the squad. 

You can’t if you have your hands tied behind your back. 

☝️ what is a manager’s job?? Your answer above. 

How does your comment below, right or wrong, impact on Cocu’s attempt to “get the best out of the squad”?

22 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He didn’t want to sell CM and then he wasn’t allowed to spend enough on a new CF.  .

Whose fault was that then. .

Please explain 

In good-old Curtains fashion, you’ve contradicted yourself. Or, at least, digressed onto another topic. 

Explain to me how players that aren’t in the squad, whether it be released/sold or not-even-recruited, has any bearing whatsoever in a manager, any manager for that matter, being able to get the best out of his squad. 

Will Solsksjaer get away with saying he can’t get Man United playing cos they didn’t sign Sancho? Of course he won’t!! 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

☝️ what is a manager’s job?? Your answer above. 

How does your comment below, right or wrong, impact on Cocu’s attempt to “get the best out of the squad”?

In good-old Curtains fashion, you’ve contradicted yourself. Or, at least, digressed onto another topic. 

Explain to me how players that aren’t in the squad, whether it be released/sold or not-even-recruited, has any bearing whatsoever in a manager, any manager for that matter, being able to get the best out of his squad. 

Will Solsksjaer get away with saying he can’t get Man United playing cos they didn’t sign Sancho? Of course he won’t!! 

You asked me why he has his hands tied behind his back. 

I said he couldn’t keep CM but worse than that he wasn’t allowed to fund a new CF 

Have you never heard of players going into the managers office complaining about not playing and we do not  know what was said in that meeting prior to Norwich game but I suspect the senior players won the day .Just look at the Norwich line up and the lineups after. 

Curtis Davies came in for Norwich and is still in the team .

Rooney plays all the time when fit and available 

PS Typical Curtains style. .

Ill take that as a compliment 

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I thought I'd heard all the bizarre Martin claims.........now we need to add we sold Martin to the list!

Chalk it up!

We didn’t sell him we offered a 1 year contract. 

He wasn’t offered 2 years but he was at Bristol.

The point is Cocu wanted a replacement but didn’t get one for whatever reason 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We didn’t sell him we offered a 1 year contract. 

He wasn’t offered 2 years but he was at Bristol.

The point is Cocu wanted a replacement but didn’t get one for whatever reason 

Oh o.k.....cause I though you said this VVVVV

45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He didn’t want to sell CM and then he wasn’t allowed to spend enough on a new CF.  .

Whose fault was that then. .

Please explain 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

But what if I suggested he’s getting the best out of a bunch of players just not up to the job. 

We will see won’t we when we get a new manager after the initial bounce. 

We’ve got a squad of talented footballers who aren’t performing  to the best of their ability for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

But what if I suggested he’s getting the best out of a bunch of players just not up to the job. 

I’d hope you wouldn’t even attempt to suggest that, cos you wouldn’t be worthy of posting on a Derby football forum if you was that deluded and clueless. I’d call you an apologist and your opinion would be worthless thereafter! 
Football fans aren’t morons, well, some are, but the majority of us can tell when a player is playing at his best. No Derby player is reaching even 5/10 average this season. We need players at 8/10 to judge ability. 

Archived