Sack cocu

dantheram

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

you know what i mean. 

Most games i have seen this season when the games going badly he just stands there hands in pockets. It's his job to help motivate the players. Encourage them, jee them up, anything. not just have a quite moan with the official and look at shay givens iPad. 

A commentator said on Sky whilst watching the Manchester City v Liverpool game, how animated their two coaches are, gesticulating and cajoling the players, for most of the ninety minutes. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just dawned on me how much of risk hiring Cocu was. The first time in our history we've appointed someone with no prior experience in English football. Someone who just had a terrible season at Fenerbahce, and we give him a 4 year contract!. I can't think of any managers at any level who get 4 year contracts these days.

33 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

this is another issue aswell, he shows very little emotion

Agreed. What do most successful managers have in common? Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Clough snr. and (as much as I hate to say it) Bielsa at Leeds... they're all managers that are passionate about what they do and have no problems showing it.

If Cocu is the same on the training ground as he is in interviews then he may know everything about the game but I'll be surprised if his persona does anything to inspire his team. I played a bit when I was younger, and (from my point of view anyway) I'd be more likely to bust myself for someone who was constantly shouting encouragement from the touchline (almost as if they were kicking the ball with you) than for someone who was quiet and reserved... just my opinion.

If this time next week Cocu is still employed by Derby and will be when we play Bristol City then I've just become disillusioned with the way Mel Morris as made us a laughing stock, any other club would have sacked Cocu 3/4 matches ago, yet day in day out this is dragging on to much and is a negative vibe to our club. 

35 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

you know what i mean. 

Most games i have seen this season when the games going badly he just stands there hands in pockets. It's his job to help motivate the players. Encourage them, jee them up, anything. not just have a quite moan with the official and look at shay givens iPad. 

It all comes down to results. If we were winning every game everyone would be saying how dignified and calm he is. If he was screaming up and down the touch line now everyone would say "lost it" etc. Not every successful manager is animated on the touchline, look at Brendan Rogers. I do think he's struggling to understand the mentality of English football and how nasty it can be at times. Lampard was very good at tapping into this, manipulating the media direction and creating an "us vs them" mentality really motivated the players.

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

I agree entirely. Most of the names suggested you may aswell shut the academy doors.

I have seen us miss plenty of chances I would expect to hit the target at least with. Even the legend of Rooney has done so. Why we don't think they have let us down also I don't know. I can guess who is waiting to disagree and it is tiresome. 

Part of me quite hopes Cocu stays just to see how ridiculous the reactions get.

You fancy buying some magic beans? 

What I still don't get is last season.

The first half of the season was tough to watch, almost like this season but better at home.

Then Rooney came in, one or two youngsters emerged and from games 25 to 40 we were top of the league on current form and scoring goals for fun. 16 games, 33 points , 34 goals scored. Top of the league on form - not top 6 or top 10 - for a third of the season.

Then it all turned to poo and has stayed that way

What the hell happened ?

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

What I still don't get is last season.

The first half of the season was tough to watch, almost like this season but better at home.

Then Rooney came in, one or two youngsters emerged and from games 25 to 40 we were top of the league on current form and scoring goals for fun. 16 games, 33 points , 34 goals scored. Top of the league on form - not top 6 or top 10 - for a third of the season.

Then it all turned to poo and has stayed that way

What the hell happened ?

Injuries to creative players.

Loss of Chris Martin.

41 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Injuries to creative players.

Loss of Chris Martin.

We’ve had creative players in the team for the last 6 games, we’ve created bugger all. 

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Define a manager’s job in your mind. 

To get the best out of the squad. 

You can’t if you have your hands tied behind your back. 

Have we got any colluding  players at Derby the ones that say if I’m not playing Ill throw my toys out the pram Or are they all angels  

Archived