Sack cocu

dantheram

Few points 

Morris has apparently wanted to sell for 2 years or more then why give someone a 4 year contract why not 2 years and then maybe if goes well have option of another 2 years or just 3 years  just stupid business I would have understood if we had money to burn or he didn't have any intention of selling. 

Cocus style of play does not suit this league its same as Clement but even worse. If we pass sideways or backwards anymore I'd be watching us in rewind. 

Would love to know how training goes as the players look unfit. Blowing after half time I'm sure we sit back as we are empty in the tank. Maybe do more training with the ball is why as I'm sorry but them players are not 90 minutes fit. I'd be more fit than Rooney after eating a donner kebab and side of chips with a full fat can of coke before the game.

Last point is I don't even think most this squad is even top 6 quality. 

Marshall - great keeper is top 6 and price we paid is a steal 

Byrne- great in a 5 but suspect in a 4 but great buy for the price. Maybe top 6. 

Curtis Davies- good defender but suspect when playing out and worries me and maybe past it. Not top 6 

Clarke - good defender but actually worries me with his turn of pace its like he's stuck in quick sand getting into position. I question top 6 

Buchannan - love him but he's still learning and will make mistakes. Can we afford that many with him if we want top 6 I don't know. 

Shinnie - got a tackle in him. Not great on the ball

Hes Robbie savage with short hair and a beard runs round like a headless chicken but never top 6 material. 

Knight- potential to be great and I really rate him last 2 games not the best questionable for top 6 yet.

Lawrence- 2 great games and your like my god this guys amazing then 4 average and then its please drop him. We've all said it that he needs to be more consistent and some games this season he's been a liability l. I actually question top 6 but he's been a lot better last 14 months 

Rooney - for me hinders the team if I'm honest where we need energy. One great free kick and the rest are awful set pieces. Gets round the pitch like he's using a zimmerframe and think we played better with him out the team in the 3 games. Question top 6 

Jozwiak - wow be excites me and love how he puts his all in and his body language is great. Had he been given the ball when clean through and not had a goal disallowed would maybe had 4 goals already. Too 6 for me 

Waghorn- 2 set pieces and that's it. Been missing in games for me and isn't a striker. Tries to give his all but apart from set pieces doesn't do it for me. Decision making is normally always wrong he's had opportunities to put numerous players in and hasn't I have lost count. In open play couldn't finish his dinner never mind a 1 on 1. 

Ibe not played yet bird can't get in team now after going backwards would like him to come good again and love sibley and would like to see him more. 

For me when this takeover happens we have a lot of players out of contract over next 18 months and could be a big time for Derby and I would personally look at shifting some of out and next summer hopefully spending a few bob to get 5 6 new players in. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just feel sorry for him at this point. 

He's put up with so much stuff off the pitch that wasn't his fault and dealt with it as best he could. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked out on the pitch - I think the players who have been available have massively let him down since the back end of last season and at the start of this one. 

As much as I would love for him to stay and turn it around, I simply can't envisage a scenario where that happens - there's too much water under the bridge, especially with the new owners coming in.

I have to say, I really dislike that article and the description of him as a 'dead man walking'. Can you imagine reading that about yourself while you're doing your job?

He's still human, and I dread to think what's going through his head right now, stuck at home unable to get to the training pitch/touchline to try and sort it out. We've talked a lot over the last couple of years about mental health, and despite the fact he's probably very wealthy, I wouldn't blame him if he's in a dark place right now.

6 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

We've talked a lot over the last couple of years about mental health, and despite the fact he's probably very wealthy, I wouldn't blame him if he's in a dark place right now.

He'll be fine, it happens to almost every manager. He experienced worse at fenerbahce.

27 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He's put up with so much stuff off the pitch that wasn't his fault and dealt with it as best he could. For whatever reason it just hasn't worked out on the pitch - I think the players who have been available have massively let him down since the back end of last season and at the start of this one. 

As much as I would love for him to stay and turn it around, I simply can't envisage a scenario where that happens - there's too much water under the bridge, especially with the new owners coming in.

I have to say, I really dislike that article and the description of him as a 'dead man walking'. Can you imagine reading that about yourself while you're doing your job?

He's still human, and I dread to think what's going through his head right now, stuck at home unable to get to the training pitch/touchline to try and sort it out. We've talked a lot over the last couple of years about mental health, and despite the fact he's probably very wealthy, I wouldn't blame him if he's in a dark place right now.

People would do well to read this.

Some of the comments on this forum and elsewhere have been pretty distasteful.

35 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He will get millions of pounds of compensation you really think he's in a dark place right now.

He will be rubbing his hands Christmas as come early!!.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Yeah because the only important thing is money. 

No but it lets you be miserable in comfort!

His ego must be fairly robust else he'd have resigned by now. And if he's daft enough to read Twitter or forums at this time more fool him.

12 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Exactly the kind of arguments used by haters to justify the poo they come out with.

I hadn't got you down as one of the self-righteous posters, but yeah whatever.

I think he might have resigned by now but for the money, everyone needs it you know. I hope he comes to some agreement (as I've said before) with Mel and leaves on good terms - ala musical differences.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I hadn't got you down as one of the self-righteous posters, but yeah whatever.

I think he might have resigned by now but for the money, everyone needs it you know. I hope he comes to some agreement (as I've said before) with Mel and leaves on good terms - ala musical differences.

It isn't self-righteous to point out that hate is ugly

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It isn't self-righteous to point out that hate is ugly

Oh come on, most fans don't *actually* hate Cocu. They're frustrated, upset, pissed off, bored, etc and are verbalising it. Some are going personal with it, but not most.

To come on a Derby fans forum and say anti-Cocu posting is 'disgraceful' is most certainly self-righteous.

36 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

He will get millions of pounds of compensation you really think he's in a dark place right now.

He will be rubbing his hands Christmas as come early!!.

You've taken your turd status to new levels.

Money has no bearing on mental health.

You've made your point, time and time again, and every time you come across as a complete, cretinous bamford.

Just now, Coconut said:

You've taken your turd status to new levels.

Money has no bearing on mental health.

You've made your point, time and time again, and every time you come across as a complete bamford, now duck off you absolute cretin.

Tit for tat?

Just now, Coconut said:

A human reaction.

If its OK for you to call Bris Vegas a dick it's OK for me to call a bamford a bamford.

A bit of a dick is what I said, not: 

"You've taken your turd status to new levels...you come across as a complete bamford, now duck off you absolute cretin."

seems people only worry about Cocu's mental health cos they like him. I wonder if they would be so caring about Billy Davies? Or Nigel Pearson? Or even our very own Wayne Rooney, after all, Mental Health affects all humans, not just the nice humans.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

A bit of a dick is what I said, not: 

"You've taken your turd status to new levels...you come across as a complete bamford, now duck off you absolute cretin."

I really don't know what your point is, other than some inate desire to back up the view of absolutely anyone critical of Cocu regardless of what they say or how they say it, whilst carrying foul every time someone reacts to it.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

seems people only worry about Cocu's mental health cos they like him. I wonder if they would be so caring about Billy Davies? Or Nigel Pearson? Or even our very own Wayne Rooney, after all, Mental Health affects all humans, not just the nice humans.

Should be irrelevant

Whether it's Cocu or anyone else, equivalating finances to mental health by such casual means just isn't on.

Archived