Sack cocu

dantheram

I sorry to say I think you see by Mr Cocu body language that barring some sort of divine miracle he has resigned himself to the envietable.

It not a case of if he  goes its just a case of when.

Its sad really because at one point we seem to have the seeds of something there young players coming taking their chance and blossoming. we looked like we were developing a style of play we were comfortable with and was at times quite effective.

This season it's disappeared as illusion.

What's happened ? Maybe even Mr Ccu doesn't know 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Much as has been speculated, Mel doesn't want to pick up that particular cost. It's all on the new owners and what they want to do. I don't buy the "create more instability line" I'm pretty sure that's just a line and the real issue is paying up contracts. 

It's a real shame it's not worked out, but I think most are in agreement it's really not worked out. I've said before, I liked him, I liked the project, I like the young players, but we're playing rubbish and losing all the time. We can't do what Cocu envisioned, or not to a level effective in the championship and it's maddening because we've a squad full of players who can play championship football. 

Still, it's got to be done, and even though it's not worked, he has handled all sorts of difficulty with grace and dignity and in recognition of that I genuinely wish him and his team all the best for the future. If he goes back to Holland and coaches a successful team, I'll be happy to see it. 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can understand Mel's position. 

He will have made personal assurances as a man, not just in his position as owner. 

He will desperately want Cocu to be a success to show his good judgement in appointing him. 

Cocu has acted with dignity throughout his tenure. 

The players have underperformed regardless of tactics and selection. 

There haven't been too many times when the fans on here have massively disagreed with his selections pre-match. 

He has blooded young stars and did good business with Byrne and Buchanan replacing Bogle and Lowe. 

So yes, I can see why he would want to declare his reluctance. 

But if he hands over the reins it will be out of his hands. 

Those fuelled by bile and vitriol because their weekends have been ruined should remember there are human beings involved and we should show the same dignity whether he stays or goes. 

Come January, Cocu might have a chance to bring in more true targets and offload a few who have gone stale. 

Or not. 

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Come January, Cocu might have a chance to bring in more true targets and offload a few who have gone stale. 

Or not. 

Colin will be looking for a new club then, Millwall?

If Cocu is still here in January then our sheik's a Fawaz relative! 

After the international break, we have 12 games in 42 days and then it’s the January transfer window.

I can respect that sacking a manager is not an inexpensive process but we are taking a big risk with the club’s future by holding fire.

The longer we leave Cocu in the post, the greater the risk that the rot will merely set in deeper and deeper, especially with two tough away games immediately after the break.

If we don’t change things now, then we are leaving any potential incoming manager with a hell of a task on his hands not only walking into the club during the busiest time of the season but having to address a slump that stretches back to July.

He would have very little time between games to work with the players and address issues, and very little time to formulate plans for January and beyond.

If the new owners and the new manager aren’t in by the weekend, I fear we are in for a rough ride this winter.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

After the international break, we have 12 games in 42 days and then it’s the January transfer window.

I can respect that sacking a manager is not an inexpensive process but we are taking a big risk with the club’s future by holding fire.

The longer we leave Cocu in the post, the greater the risk that the rot will merely set in deeper and deeper, especially with two tough away games immediately after the break.

If we don’t change things now, then we are leaving any potential incoming manager with a hell of a task on his hands not only walking into the club during the busiest time of the season but having to address a slump that stretches back to July.

He would have very little time between games to work with the players and address issues, and very little time to formulate plans for January and beyond.

If the new owners and the new manager aren’t in by the weekend, I fear we are in for a rough ride this winter.

I'm really not sure what a new manager will do, faced with the current crop of players. 

We don't have a dominant CH pairing or leaders on the pitch. 

Byrne looked better in a five than he does in a four but if we go back to that, we have to leave out players more likely to score goals. 

Rooney seems undroppable and will be attractive to the new owners. 

We don't have a CF other than the untried ones in the U21s. 

Lawrence and Waghorn are in a slump. 

None of this is easily addressed and the new manager might well find him/herself in a similar position to Cocu until January. 

54 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I can understand Mel's position. 

He will have made personal assurances as a man, not just in his position as owner. 

He will desperately want Cocu to be a success to show his good judgement in appointing him. 

Cocu has acted with dignity throughout his tenure. 

The players have underperformed regardless of tactics and selection. 

There haven't been too many times when the fans on here have massively disagreed with his selections pre-match. 

He has blooded young stars and did good business with Byrne and Buchanan replacing Bogle and Lowe. 

So yes, I can see why he would want to declare his reluctance. 

But if he hands over the reins it will be out of his hands. 

Those fuelled by bile and vitriol because their weekends have been ruined should remember there are human beings involved and we should show the same dignity whether he stays or goes. 

Or not. 

Really?

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I sorry to say I think you see by Mr Cocu body language that barring some sort of divine miracle he has resigned himself to the envietable.

It not a case of if he  goes its just a case of when.

Its sad really because at one point we seem to have the seeds of something there young players coming taking their chance and blossoming. we looked like we were developing a style of play we were comfortable with and was at times quite effective.

This season it's disappeared as illusion.

What's happened ? Maybe even Mr Ccu doesn't know 

When was this ?

If that Mirror article is true - and nothing in it looks ridiculous, then leaving Cocu in charge is the most disruptive thing possible.

If he knows he's going, the players know he's going and the coaches know he's going then he can't expect any respect or to exert any influence on the players. It's a completely untenable position. 

If the takeover is going through in the next day or so, Mel can afford to do nothing. If there's any possibility that it won't be sorted until the next game, Cocu has to be put on gardening leave. Then it's a toss up between Bowyer and Wassall.

I'd go for Bowyer as he has some experience of this situation. He also has an outside chance at getting the job permanently if the takeover falls through. He'll also be hoping to showcase his management skills in the hope of getting another job if not. Consequently, Bowyer will be the most credible and driven option.

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I'm very disappointed that he hasn't been sacked yet. How on earth is he still in the job. His position is untenable. Now is the perfect time to do it. Get someone in this week and we go again starting with the Bristol city game. The longer he stays the worse it will be, he won't turn this around.

Archived