Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been nice, but I'm not too heartbroken if Clarke is coming in since that will mean we're well enough stocked at the back. At least we're starting to look at the right kind of player, young with potential who could go up in value rather than just down.

Just asked my tramp.  He says Dijon unlikely as they've just announced Anibal Chala as their left back and Panzo was the back up should that deal fall through.

He's tight lipped on whether Derby could be an option and I'm trying to weigh up whether it's worth the effort of going to the offie for a can of Tennents Super in order to get more out of him.

Crazy the amount of fans genuinely reacting like we've missed out on signing Messi. They had never heard of Panzo 2 weeks ago. 

I would imagine we enquired about him a while ago. With Clarke being a number one priority. But you can't just have Clarke as an option and that's it. We probably looked and enquired about other options incase Clarke wasn't available. 

Now it appears Clarke is coming back. We probably never went any further with Panzo.

We've got MTW, Wisdom, Clarke (hopefully), Bielik, Davies as CB options next season.

So I highly doubt we were ever going to spend £4 million on a 6th CB.

If we've got that money to spend then I would imagine it would go on an attacking player.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Crazy the amount of fans genuinely reacting like we've missed out on signing Messi. They had never heard of Panzo 2 weeks ago.

Quote from Calvin & Hobbes, Calvin having seen an advert in his comic:

"Before today, I never knew that this product existed. Now, I cannot live without it."

Just now, Big Trav said:

Dijon have just signed another left back. Taking there total to 2 first teamers. I don’t know what to believe. And this battle between journos is fun to watch. I’ll be sad if we let him go tho 

Panzo is a centre back. 

Don’t worry I think I know what’s happened here ...he was told “go to Derby they’re mustard “ he misheard and thought they said Dijon mustard so when he gets there they’ll realise the error and be winging his way to EMA ?

11 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

That's my read on it to be honest. Can't see that we'd need another CB option with Clarke returning to the fold.

I know he's good Clarke but why would you sign a guy on loan when we could get a permanent instead. We are just developing Clarke for them when we could develop Panzo as our future player 

Archived