Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

Is he normally?

can't say I have looked out for his name in the squad before his name started being mentioned on here. First game of the season and Panzo was loaned out last season. Not sure whether he fixtured for any preseason, if they had a preseason.

30 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

According to the DET the Derby fans have given the "green light" to sign him. Surely just a matter of time before he signs on given the amount of sway we have in recruitment decisions.

Yeah, I was taken in by the green light heading. 

I should know better by now. 

Let's hope the silence is during delicate negotiations. 

39 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

According to the DET the Derby fans have given the "green light" to sign him. Surely just a matter of time before he signs on given the amount of sway we have in recruitment decisions.

Yeah apologies, they were waiting on me. The survey went into my junk mail so didn’t cast my fan vote in a timely manner. They can proceed now lol.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, I was taken in by the green light heading. 

I should know better by now. 

Let's hope the silence is during delicate negotiations. 

The DET click bait last week re: Panzo was: “On The Plane!”

The whole article just regurgitated that a Derby fan had commented “When are you getting on the plane to Derby” on his Instagram. Shockingly poor journalism.

On 22/08/2020 at 14:19, Macintosh said:

Without Sam Rush giving clues to signings, this forum is pretty futile and juvenile.

Already looking forward to your next forum input in a few years.

6 hours ago, GenBr said:

He has only played for them twice...

Dont think you can really read too much into it 

I think you can - he generally either isn’t good enough for a place in the team ahead of the other players or he is always injured 

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think you can - he generally either isn’t good enough for a place in the team ahead of the other players or he is always injured 

He's still only 19. He also spent last season on loan in Belgium where he played in 17 of the 29 games played. Monaco aren't what they once were, but they still have a lot of international centre backs on the books. 

Without Sam Rush giving clues to signings, this forum is pretty futile and juvenile.

What is brown and sticky?

Ahh...doesn't matter.

A lot of kids are bright prospects but fade and don't fulfil their potential. Our Andre was England U21 skipper for a while. He's been a bit-part player since Derby signed him. Panzo was in the team that won the U17 World Cup. Impressive, but a kids team. He went to  Monaco for £2.5m, but hasn't impressed and has been farmed out to a feeder team in Belgium and hasn't impressed. I don't get the hype and excitement.

If Monaco are prepared to cut their losses and send him home for a small fee (250/500k, perhaps with a sell-on clause), that's fine if the scouts think he's up to it. If they want to loan him out, I think he's too young as it's unlikely he's good enough to start in the Championship. If they really want £4m then they're having a laugh and we need to walk away straightaway.

Panzo has spent two seasons playing left back when he's managed to get a game. It's not the position we're weak.

The transfer forum has lost it's spark since @BagRam left but don't lose faith in DCFCfans completely - there's still loads of fun to be had over in the Jim Smith Room! There's a thread on Ethernet cables that you might like, one on Badger Clubbing... and there's a thread where one of our forum members @DarkFruitsRam7 has emigrated himself over to the prostitution capital of central Europe under the guise of "studying" and he's gonna periodically document his misdeeds over a 12 month period. That's gonna be a classic I reckon.

See you in there @Macintosh?

Archived