Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

As revealed this weekend, Dijon made Jonathan Panzo (19) his defensive priority to replace Nayef Aguerd who left for Rennes and discussions have even started between the different parties. But if Peguy Luyindula particularly appreciates the international defender English hopes (3 caps) of AS Monaco, he is not the only one.

According to our information, the profile of the former Blue of Chelsea seduces several formations of Ligue 1 but also from abroad. FC Metz (Ligue 1), Utrecht (Eredivisie), Swansea and Derby County (Championship) are interested in a transfer. The Principality's club is demanding between 4 and 5 M € to let its central defender by profession, U17 world champion in 2017, slip away with England.

https://www.footmercato.net/a8650476489894549717-monaco-forte-concurrence-pour-dijon-dans-le-dossier-jonathan-panzo

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@oeil_rocher

Metz, Utrecht, Derby County and Swansea have also expressed interest in Panzo. Previous information only spoke of Dijon and an amount between 2 and 3M € , there the interests multiply and an amount of 4 to 5M € is mentioned.

google translator...

As revealed this weekend, Dijon made Jonathan Panzo (19) his defensive priority to replace Nayef Aguerd who left for Rennes and discussions have even started between the different parties. But if Peguy Luyindula particularly appreciates the international defender English hopes (3 caps) of AS Monaco, he is not the only one. According to our information, the profile of the former Chelsea Blue seduces several teams in Ligue 1 but also from abroad. FC Metz (Ligue 1), Utrecht (Eredivisie), Swansea and Derby County (Championship) are interested in a transfer. The Principality's club is demanding between 4 and 5 M € to let its central defender by profession, U17 world champion in 2017, slip away with England

If it's a permanent, can't see it, however 'seductive' he is!

Now we're talking! Jonathan Panzo would fit what we need at LCB perfectly. Saw him a couple of times in Chelsea's youth side a few years ago and thought he was good then (although he was playing left-back at the time, he was a defensive left-back).

However... If the numbers in the article are right (minimum €4,000,000 would be around £3,600,000) then I'd say it was unlikely. If a loan deal was on the cards then it'd be a yes!

I love the drama of translated foreign articles sometimes.

"As reported this weekend, Dijon made Panzo their priority target. Well, it turns out... they're not the only ones!"

Can’t say I’ve heard of the lad, but looking at him I presume we’d be after him as a potential CB target if we’re interested. 4-5m sounds a lot to spend on a player who’s only seemingly had one full season at first team level though, especially in our situation. Doubt this is anything but Monaco trying to drive his price up.

Football manager legend. 

But not sure we'll be spending that money on anyone, and don't think we've ever signed a player after being linked to them by a foreign article along with a string of other teams. I feel like they chuck on some random championship teams to drive clicks. 

Archived