Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, rams_man said:

Why do people see the fee in papers and think we just hand over 4 million? 

The fees quoted most of the time is the total they will cost, which means if we pay that fee the player has played well for us.

Is it just me that thinks this?

£4m grabs headlines. £1.5m with add ons doesn't. But you can guarantee if it happens and he's not amazing then our fans will moan about wasting £17m on him.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rams_man said:

The fees quoted most of the time is the total they will cost, which means if we pay that fee the player has played well for us.

I think it's just due to the reason that they rated him at £4m. I would imagine (read: like to think providing its true) this is good news relating to the EFL charge and we've probably just moved some of the payment terms around. I genuinely think £4m isn't a lot for a player playing for the England U21s at 19 - ahead of the likes Brandon Williams, who is starting for Man Utd now, who the England coaching staff would've had a good idea of and decided Panzo was a better option. They're the same age. 

17 minutes ago, rams_man said:

You also have to remember if we sell a player for £6m rising to £10m, this will be referred to as selling them for £6m.

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

Pretty sure that I remember a load of Charlton fans slagging him off on Twitter when he signed for us. They all said he was crap. Same with my mate who's a Blues fan when we signed Bielik. Goes to show the worth of decent coaching (and giving young players a bit of slack as they're developing). 

A Blues fan?

2 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

He’s heading to Dijon apparently ??‍♂️

French article says their sources say Dijon have an agreement in principle (with the player) but no deal (with Monaco). So basically the same sort of stage we're reportedly at.

That's not particularly unusual.

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

£4m grabs headlines. £1.5m with add ons doesn't. But you can guarantee if it happens and he's not amazing then our fans will moan about wasting £17m on him.

Even £1.5 million in covid times is a heck of a lot of money when you consider wage deferments and refunds yet to be paid out.

If we sign him it means we have 4 centre backs who can play. Two right sided (Mike and Wiz) and two left sided (Clarke and Panzo). 

this would allow us to potentially move on Malone (as Fozzy is no longer left CB cover) and Evans as he is not going to get a place in midfield or CB

these funds could allow us to bring a winger in on loan and maybe buy one

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

French article says their sources say Dijon have an agreement in principle (with the player) but no deal (with Monaco). So basically the same sort of stage we're reportedly at.

That's not particularly unusual.

Could also just be paper talk to try make us up our offer. 

44 minutes ago, rams_man said:

No you're not. Depending on whether you're a fan of the signing or not will determine which figure you quote which suits your argument - the basic initial hand-over fee or the bells and whistles agreement based on meeting individual targets e.g. goals, appearances, international call-up, promotion etc.

Archived