Jonathan Panzo - signed for Dijon

Heisenberg

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I know he's good Clarke but why would you sign a guy on loan when we could get a permanent instead. We are just developing Clarke for them when we could develop Panzo as our future player 

Money? 
Cash flow has been hammered by COVID at every single club. 

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

If he prefers Dijon over Derby then probably a good one to miss out on?

Am I missing something here?

Where is the actual proof that we've even made a bid for this guy? I've seen "it's reported" in every link/story around on this - Which just means journos are recycling the news from other journos

I still don't believe we were every seriously in for this guy

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Am I missing something here?

Where is the actual proof that we've even made a bid for this guy? I've seen "it's reported" in every link/story around on this - Which just means journos are recycling the news from other journos

I still don't believe we were every seriously in for this guy

Just as with every transfer rumour, there's never proof until someone like Percy says so. I'm inclined to believe we haven't gone for this guy, mainly because I'm not entirely sure how much money we indeed have and secondly, the last 2 signings we've made were confirmed as definitely happening by the likes of Percy within a few hours of us hearing the first rumour - which is a sea change in the information leaving the club.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

Just as with every transfer rumour, there's never proof until someone like Percy says so. I'm inclined to believe we haven't gone for this guy, mainly because I'm not entirely sure how much money we indeed have and secondly, the last 2 signings we've made were confirmed as definitely happening by the likes of Percy within a few hours of us hearing the first rumour - which is a sea change in the information leaving the club.

This is it for me - Who was the last signing we made with a long, drawn out public rumours etc and then it actually happened? I think the last few years we've quietly gone about our business and then 2 days prior to signing we hear "xxxxx is having a medical" 

These days I assume anything which doesn't come from a source 'close' to the club or drags on for more than 2 days is nonsense generated by agents to try and get a better deal for their player / get a move / some kind of logic play by bored journos with nothing to write about

I said this at the time. That Ryan Conway just went with a rumour started by the French Reporter.

"Sources have told @TheAthleticUK that #DCFC have touched base with Monaco and England Under-21 defender Jonathan Panzo. All remains informal at this stage but believed they’ve made their feelings clear that they like the player."

So Derby just rang up Monaco and said we like Panzo? I guarantee you that he saw that French reporter tweet and just went with it. Made up on the spot. He can't lose with that tweet can he.

Now Steve Nicholson is saying that Derby were never in for Panzo.

Steve Nicholson saying that we are not, and never were, interested in signing Panzo

Derby County are not in for Monaco defender Jonathan Panzo and nor has the 19-year-old been a target despite reports, DerbyshireLive understands.

Reports linking Panzo with the Rams continued to circulate yesterday. 

Multiple outlets claimed that Derby were nearing an agreement to sign Joanthan Panzo for a fee of around £4m.”

3 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Steve Nicholson saying that we are not, and never were, interested in signing Panzo

Derby County are not in for Monaco defender Jonathan Panzo and nor has the 19-year-old been a target despite reports, DerbyshireLive understands.

Multiple outlets claimed that Derby were nearing an agreement to sign Joanthan Panzo for a fee of around £4m.”

While I think it seems likely that that is the case (we were never formally in for him), Steve Nicholson reports that whenever a player we're rumoured to be in for is imminently moving to another club; it's his most powerful tool in maintaining the illusion that he has any connection at all to the club.

12 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Why were the DET running so many stories about him then?

One saying "Panzo given green light to join".

Where were their normal "wide of the mark".

This Panzo stuff should be a lesson to every Derby fan, including me.

There are hundreds of sad little fans (or even genuine reporters) who honestly want to be seen as ITK in the eyes of fans, even though they know they arent, they are happy to run with the illusion that they are, just to get followers and retweets on Twitter. It's a sad little world we live in.

How many of these ITK fans and reporters leaked the details of Marshall? None.

The days of leaks from the club is over. Which is why I'm still taking the Clarke deal as being nothing more than rumour at the minute.

If there were leaks from the club people like SDSR and Mackworthram and Carl Sagan would be first to tell us.

12 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

That's the first bit of journalism Nicholson has done in about 5 years.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Why were the DET running so many stories about him then?

One saying "Panzo given green light to join".

Where were their normal "wide of the mark".

This Panzo stuff should be a lesson to every Derby fan, including me.

There are hundreds of sad little fans (or even genuine reporters) who honestly want to be seen as ITK in the eyes of fans, even though they know they arent, they are happy to run with the illusion that they are, just to get followers and retweets on Twitter. It's a sad little world we live in.

How many of these ITK fans and reporters leaked the details of Marshall? None.

The days of leaks from the club is over. Which is why I'm still taking the Clarke deal as being nothing more than rumour at the minute.

If there were leaks from the club people like SDSR and Mackworthram and Carl Sagan would be first to tell us.

They were doing it to drive clicks to their unreadable, journalistically bankrupt, utter mess of a website.

I believe the flurry of stories all came from a Mirror article saying we were close to sorting a deal out for him. Who'd have thought the Mirror would turn out to be an unrealiable source, eh?

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is it for me - Who was the last signing we made with a long, drawn out public rumours etc and then it actually happened? I think the last few years we've quietly gone about our business and then 2 days prior to signing we hear "xxxxx is having a medical" 

These days I assume anything which doesn't come from a source 'close' to the club or drags on for more than 2 days is nonsense generated by agents to try and get a better deal for their player / get a move / some kind of logic play by bored journos with nothing to write about

You're going to look like a fool when that German CB finally joins.

I remain pretty ambivalent to all this until someone with some credence,  aka Percy announces anything.  So far it's all been a regurgitation of the same story.  That said I'm not sure whether I should be quietly excited or not. He's an unknown quantity to me and unproven in the Championship. I'm more excited about getting Clarke back.  He got better and better as the season progressed. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Conway knows the square root of duck all, Nixon doesn't have any insider info any more as all of his answers to questions are vague and non-commital and the DET are to journalism what Claude Davis was to defending.

The good thing about Nixon is that he does clearly have insider info at plenty of clubs, so any time we do business with one of them we get actual information.

You're right that Conway doesn't seem to have anything; although he's pretty fresh at this - its not like a portfolio of contacts get handed to you - the question is if he's putting any effort into accruing them or is happy to just bounce other people's rumours around.

Archived