Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Derbados said:

didn’t we hire some hot shot Sports lawyer to take this case on for us? 

hopefully he can work his magic 

He either did a good job for Sheffield Wednesday or he didn’t do a good job for Sheffield Wednesday - who actually knows 

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He either did a good job for Sheffield Wednesday or he didn’t do a good job for Sheffield Wednesday - who actually knows 

Unless it was a no win no fee, I bet they still got paid ?

Whatever this outcome there needs to be a greater look at football finances - FFP / P&S / whatever acronym they decide to use next just isn't working (there are far greater problems with the EFL which I am sure there must be multiple students writing dissertations on as you wouldn't struggle to make your word count) 

The fact that you can lose £39m over 3 years is always going to tempt risky business strategies  

A form of wage cap is a solution IMO - But it needs to be relative to income - 80/90% of business income can be spent on wages for example - the idea of saying that every club has the same wage cap is wrong and gives an advantage to the smaller clubs 

This is only going to go one way - and that's a break off league from the EFL and maybe a Premier league 2  

1 minute ago, Burtonram2066 said:

Whatever this outcome there needs to be a greater look at football finances - FFP / P&S / whatever acronym they decide to use next just isn't working (there are far greater problems with the EFL which I am sure there must be multiple students writing dissertations on as you wouldn't struggle to make your word count) 

The fact that you can lose £39m over 3 years is always going to tempt risky business strategies  

A form of wage cap is a solution IMO - But it needs to be relative to income - 80/90% of business income can be spent on wages for example - the idea of saying that every club has the same wage cap is wrong and gives an advantage to the smaller clubs 

This is only going to go one way - and that's a break off league from the EFL and maybe a Premier league 2  

They either need to abolish parachute payments, or allow clubs not in receipt of parachute payments to lose more.

I think Derby are now the longest serving team in the championship (is this correct), when you compare the money West Brom or Fulham or Cardiff or Middlesbrough have had thrown at them over the years compared to us and WE are the ones up in court, madness.

4 minutes ago, Burtonram2066 said:

Surely the advantage still remains with the bigger clubs? They'll have more funds to spend on transfer fees

Maybe hotshot lawyer got Wednesday"only" the twelve points and saved them the additional nine for being shady? We don't know the full details.

I'm hearing from ITK sources that we have to transfer out our best forum posters as repairations to the divisions other forums.

LTLF, Oatcake, Owlstalk are in the bidding to bring Curtains and Musepachram over.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Maybe hotshot lawyer got Wednesday"only" the twelve points and saved them the additional nine for being shady? We don't know the full details.

I'm hearing from ITK sources that we have to transfer out our best forum posters as repairations to the divisions other forums.

LTLF, Oatcake, Owlstalk are in the bidding to bring Curtains and Musepachram over.

@Van Cone De Head has already made the move to OwlsTalk.

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

They either need to abolish parachute payments, or allow clubs not in receipt of parachute payments to lose more.

I think Derby are now the longest serving team in the championship (is this correct), when you compare the money West Brom or Fulham or Cardiff or Middlesbrough have had thrown at them over the years compared to us and WE are the ones up in court, madness.

But that's exactly why we're the ones in court. They could have spent much much more than us, but still be in the black!

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There’s some mileage in this ?

Angieram has been offered a new contract so isn’t going anywhere

we’ve sold 86Schmokes To Boro, but only on the sly so he can sabotage Gibson 

Owd Miner has gone to his roots in Mansfield on a free 

and in another crafty move we’ve sent Radio active waste to Leeds on loan, without his lead shoe inserts, to enable maximum effect. 

I’m off the Mel Chester Rovers

43 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

No- we need to hang on to Curtains

Archived