Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I’m starting to think that we should of taken the hit back in January, stayed up and put this whole saga behind us. If we do get punished Mel has to give answers. The whole club must be furious at the amount of time it’s taken. This season was the first one in a while where I thought we can finally recruit to a certain managers wishes and stabilise the club to try and go for promotion again. 

What "hit" should we have taken? We believe we are innocent, plus in January we were only a few points above the relegation zone. We could have taken said hit and been about 9 points from safety and playing irregular to say the least.

It wouldnt surprise me if the so called independent panel had gone back to the EFL and said words to effect "look, we can't find Derby guilty of anything, they quite clearly bent rules but we cant see where they broke them, but we will give you an extension to find us more evidence"

The EFL are now scurrying around like rats trying to find anything to strengthen their case against us.

I honestly cant see how the panel havent been able to make a yes or no answer, its absolutely embarrassing that this is taking longer than a jury take to find a murderer guilty and send them down for life.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It wouldnt surprise me if the so called independent panel had gone back to the EFL and said words to effect "look, we can't find Derby guilty of anything, they quite clearly bent rules but we cant see where they broke them, but we will give you an extension to find us more evidence"

The EFL are now scurrying around like rats trying to find anything to strengthen their case against us.

I honestly cant see how panel havent been able to make a yes or no answer, its absolutely embarrassing that this is taking longer than a jury take to find a murder guilty and send them down for life.

The independent panel includes somebody appointed by us, so very unlikely.

Also do we even know when our case started to be heard?

All I've seen is a lot of guesswork.

12 minutes ago, David said:

£500k bonus paid over X years? Still risky, what with clubs fielding weaker teams, players would want guarantees that a full strength side will be played in the cup, would get messy then. 

The point is that any wage cap is a waste of time if bonuses aren't included. Any old bonus can be made up - if there are no limits you just give a player a bonus for walking through the door or attending training. The only limitation would again be FFP, so basically the same system as we have now anyway.

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Create any ridiculous bonus structure to pay a bonus.  Play a game on a day with y In it = bonus.  You don't have to be smart to make the whole thing a sham

Clubs can only pay bonuses for cup progression and promotion, we haven’t seen the small print yet of these new rules, might be possible the EFL have covered themselves with round progression after Round 3 or something. 

Will need to wait for the rules to be published fully.

Just now, GenBr said:

The point is that any wage cap is a waste of time if bonuses aren't included. Any old bonus can be made up - if there are no limits you just give a player a bonus for walking through the door or attending training. The only limitation would again be FFP, so basically the same system as we have now anyway.

As I just said to Spanish, the only bonuses that can be paid outside the cap are for promotion or cup progression so that does limit them somewhat.

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Scenes when Mel sues the EFL for leaking to the Times - say about £39 million compo should do it

There have been an awful lot of leaks in football lately.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this is to try and delay us making any signings by making everyone think we're done for and going to get a hefty deduction? I'm not sure I really believe that would be likely though.

7 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Do we know exactly when the hearing took place? 

The Times article says "an independent commission has been hearing the case since mid-July".
It also says the hearing is initially just to determine guilt against the charges and if we're found guilty there will be *another* hearing to determine the sanction (which could be a deduction, transfer embargo or fine).

The Wolves penalty for missing UEFA FFP targets looks paltry compared to the punishments being dished out by the EFL to finanfially poorer clubs. In addition to meeting set limits in the next 2 seasons, they can only name 23 players instead of the 25 normally allowed should they qualify for next seasons' Champions League. How on earth will they cope?

Not a dig at Wolves, just an illustration of the power-crazy administrators at the EFL.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

PFA saying they salary cap is illegal and also they have not been consulted which they should have been according to EFL rules. Another “mistake “ they seem to be making a few 

The PFA are even worse than the EFL.

Not sure anyone is saying the salary cap should be made law but if all clubs in leagues one and two agree to it what is the problem?

Maybe the PFA might wish to top up their members wages? Or are they wanting someone else to do that?

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

PFA saying they salary cap is illegal and also they have not been consulted which they should have been according to EFL rules. Another “mistake “ they seem to be making a few 

Not really sure how they can claim it’s illegal at this point as no-one knows how it will be applied in practice....I do have doubts that they’ll be able to make it work as there will no doubt be an army of accountants already looking for ways to circumvent any new restrictions....

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

The Wolves penalty for missing UEFA FFP targets looks paltry compared to the punishments being dished out by the EFL to finanfially poorer clubs. In addition to meeting set limits in the next 2 seasons, they can only name 23 players instead of the 25 normally allowed should they qualify for next seasons' Champions League. How on earth will they cope?

Not a dig at Wolves, just an illustration of the power-crazy administrators at the EFL.

Or the fact that the higher bodies of authority are more concerned with keeping the more desired clients at their table?

Just now, Gaspode said:

Not really sure how they can claim it’s illegal at this point as no-one knows how it will be applied in practice....I do have doubts that they’ll be able to make it work as there will no doubt be an army of accountants already looking for ways to circumvent any new restrictions....

It’s on the beeb sport website but I’m too much of a technophobe to do a link ?

13 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

It’s on the beeb sport website but I’m too much of a technophobe to do a link ?

Oh I believe the PFA will claim it’s illegal - I just doubt there is any substance to their words....

Archived