Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Hi

We shall have to agree to disagree.  I think sport is about competing on the basis of fair play (on and off the field).

I appreciate this view may seem naive. But it's how I feel sport should be played.  And it's how I teach my son. 

I remember Fergie once recounting how Giggs got a tough challenge in the box that almost knocked him over.  Giggs stayed on his feet and took the shot just missing.  Fergie asked him why he didn't go to ground as, not only was there contact, it was robust contact.  Giggs apparently stared Fergie down and said "I don't go down.  It's not what I do". Fergie backed off. 

In the purest sense of football yes - but there's unfair advantages in every sport which involves money. 

Not actually breaking any rules to level the unfair playing field (which is what it is with parachute payments and backwards FFP) is fair game in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

Hi

We shall have to agree to disagree.  I think sport is about competing on the basis of fair play (on and off the field).

I appreciate this view may seem naive. But it's how I feel sport should be played.  And it's how I teach my son. 

I remember Fergie once recounting how Giggs got a tough challenge in the box that almost knocked him over.  Giggs stayed on his feet and took the shot just missing.  Fergie asked him why he didn't go to ground as, not only was there contact, it was robust contact.  Giggs apparently stared Fergie down and said "I don't go down.  It's not what I do". Fergie backed off. 

It ain't what his brothers missus said ?

3 hours ago, falconram said:

If we are found guilty I will be very disappointed on how we have been run over the last few seasons, we all knew we couldn't keep spending at the rate we did and after so many reassurances that we were well within FFP.

But we were all bouncing off the walls with every big money signing 

let’s not pretend that wasn’t the case shall we 

hindsight is wonderful 

EFL a complete shower of meat trumpets. Been wringing their grubby mitts for months now with no consideration of the damage caused. If the case is so cut and dried that it warrants a charge then there's no earthly reason for it to have dragged on past the end of the season and into the transfer window. Looking at the bare facts of the case I see no substance behind the charge anyway. I think Mel being part of the group that challenged their handling of media rights and the pitiful squealing from clubs who feared they might be relegated have a deal more to do with their meddling than any FFP directive.

These bankers remind me of the RFU up to England's world rugby win in 2003 where the RFU were raking in millions and paying the players an absolute pittance. Just a shame that the member clubs are so busy sniping at each other that they can't get their shizzle together and either kick these fools into touch or negotiate as a unit. Gibson in particular needs to shut his mealy mouth and stop slinging mud at other clubs and just take responsibility for buying crap players for stupid money and employing poohouse managers. As for that rick at Barnsley... Grrrr

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The rumour going around Twitter is by someone who has put two tweets out, 1 saying "Cant believe Derby got away with a points deduction, ITK" and another saying "cant believe Derby got a 12 point deduction, ITK".

Unfortunately he is just having a laugh.

Umm think you might be right ?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the twitter rumour for anyone interested.

No idea who Barry is but he only tweets very rarely, normally with Rams info, has a good follower ratio and Steve Nicholson has commented in the thread. Interesting...

He also got the Hamer and Paterson signings correct

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

EFL a complete shower of meat trumpets. Been wringing their grubby mitts for months now with no consideration of the damage caused. If the case is so cut and dried that it warrants a charge then there's no earthly reason for it to have dragged on past the end of the season and into the transfer window. Looking at the bare facts of the case I see no substance behind the charge anyway. I think Mel being part of the group that challenged their handling of media rights and the pitiful squealing from clubs who feared they might be relegated have a deal more to do with their meddling than any FFP directive.

These bankers remind me of the RFU up to England's world rugby win in 2003 where the RFU were raking in millions and paying the players an absolute pittance. Just a shame that the member clubs are so busy sniping at each other that they can't get their shizzle together and either kick these fools into touch or negotiate as a unit. Gibson in particular needs to shut his mealy mouth and stop slinging mud at other clubs and just take responsibility for buying crap players for stupid money and employing poohouse managers. As for that rick at Barnsley... Grrrr

I wish you’d stop sitting on the fence and say how you truly feel!

for the record I completely agree with you.

18 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Get this man on the EFL board.

9 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I wish you’d stop sitting on the fence and say how you truly feel!

for the record I completely agree with you.

Haha! Fair one ? 

Bit of a rant but it's a bugbear for me that a bunch of stuffed-shirt, old school tie mofos, most of whom have probably never kicked a ball in anger, end up rinsing players, clubs and fans who have real emotional involvement. Setting aside my huge bias, the thing that probably annoys me most is the way they go after clubs who are struggling for cash when they seemingly are unable to strike anything like a fair deal for TV rights. They're not fit for purpose and that's the politest way I can think of putting it.

PS - hope the wee one is doing well mate 

26 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

While I agree with the sentiment, once we're charged isn't that the end of the League's involvement?

The case moves onto an independent tribunal, and it's them who've been dragging their heels?

I believe it's one appointee each to a 3 man panel, and a truly independent 3rd person.

It could be us who've dragged it out, it could be them, it could other factors like appointing a 3rd person to suit both parties?

The point is no-one knows, so to appropriate blame is pointless.

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

While I agree with the sentiment, once we're charged isn't that the end of the League's involvement?

The case moves onto an independent tribunal, and it's them who've been dragging their heels?

I believe it's one appointee each to a 3 man panel, and a truly independent 3rd person.

It could be us who've dragged it out, it could be them, it could other factors like appointing a 3rd person to suit both parties?

Keogh’s fault, come on soft lad.

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Haha! Fair one ? 

Bit of a rant but it's a bugbear for me that a bunch of stuffed-shirt, old school tie mofos, most of whom have probably never kicked a ball in anger, end up rinsing players, clubs and fans who have real emotional involvement. Setting aside my huge bias, the thing that probably annoys me most is the way they go after clubs who are struggling for cash when they seemingly are unable to strike anything like a fair deal for TV rights. They're not fit for purpose and that's the politest way I can think of putting it.

PS - hope the wee one is doing well mate 

Can see a lot of clubs going Wigan’s route next season... or even worse Bury’s route. It’s unfortunate that it will be players and fans punished whilst the people unfit to run the league and run teams get away with murder.

shes alright mate thanks... a big week ahead for us but we’ve had 8 big weeks so far and she’s smashed them all ?

7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The EFL set the rules that say that the tribunal has freedom to take as long as they want.  They needn't do that.  They could say report back within 3 months or 5 months or whatever. 

The EFL are saying "Not our fault, out of our hands" when it is EFL who voluntarily wrote rules so it was out of their hands.

It's bonkers

Archived